ADVERTISEMENT

After year 1, how does Tech view Louisville as a member of the ACC?

May 12, 2003
Louisville has just completed its first full season in the ACC. The are many Cardinal fans wondering how Louisville is perceived by its new conference rivals and brethren. We would appreciate your thoughts after a full year of Louisville being a member of the ACC.

Did you attend any games or matches in Louisville? If so did you like our campus and facilities and were our fans friendly? Do you think Louisville traveled well? If you have met Louisville fans, what were your impressions?

Personally I am looking forward to visiting Blacksburg for a football game. Everyone tells me it is a truly great experience.

Louisville athletics is top notch. I can't comment otherwise at this time. Your football coach sure has a colorful past but we all know he can recruit and coach.

I am a firm believer that Louisville, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Notre Dame do not belong in the ACC. All of them should go back to Big East or AAC, or whatever it's called this week. I will never set foot on campus of any of these schools.

Every fan of college football should see Notre Dame play at South Bend at least once before they die.

Still kind of a distant thing for me. We didn't play you in FB so I just don't have a feeling you are in the ACC.
Once we go at each other a few times that will change.
Have read about your facilities as being top elite.

Every fan of college football should see Notre Dame play at South Bend at least once before they die.
I wouldn't want to see Notre Dame if it was free on the white house lawn and they were being cheered on by Jennifer Lawrence, unless VT is playing them.

Louisville is second in line behind WVU in the "burn in hell" category. For WVU, it's more because of their fans. For Louisville, it's for the way they treated Tech as the Metro conference disintegrated, so it's more about the administration and the athletic department. I have nothing but disdain for them and always will.

That being said, I've been to the campus and met a good number of fans. The people are much nicer than the school, and generally I prefer Louisville's fans and campus over Kentucky's fans and campus. I didn't really see your facilities, except for Paterson field or whatever it's called, which was pretty decent for a college ballpark.

I'd rather WVU and Louisville never disgrace Tech's campus by setting foot on it.

Too funny. You know Lawrence is from Louisville, right?
That's why I chose her. I meant Notre Dame/Louisville. I love JLaw but I wouldn't go to a Notre Dame/Louisville game to see her. I don't mind Louisville but there's only one team I despise more than Notre Dame. I'd pull for WVU over Notre Dame. Any team that gets something for free is scum to me. Just how I roll.

Louisville is in the ACC????? Just kidding, don't mind them joining. Definite like them better than UK for sure.....

For Louisville, it's for the way they treated Tech as the Metro conference disintegrated, so it's more about the administration and the athletic department. I have nothing but disdain for them and always will.

Dude, that was like 30 years ago or something like that. Grudge much? I'm glad I'm not married to you, LOL.

If there's one thing I learned a long time ago in life...it's things change.

Things change, but Louisville is still a "dirty" school.

I liked Notre Dame back in the day. But once I saw how the NCAA granted the Golden Doomers favors that they did not grant to the other 325 D1 schools, I stopped liking them. ND is still receiving special treatment from media and NCAA due to them "winning one for the Gipper" years ago. ND should have been forced to join Big 10 years ago, or have them drop D1 sports.

Louisville is in the ACC????? Just kidding, don't mind them joining. Definite like them better than UK for sure.....

Oh look, I got two "little brothers" now, and what an odd couple they make. Let me guess...thinbeard little brother shoplifts the zima and bowtie little brother drinks it, lol...

Their basketball coach is a traitor, their football coach is a douchebag, the pizza pit sucks, their fans are thinbeard punks who claim the Cards first used Sandman as an entrance theme, the college is nothing more than a city college and how in the hell Jurich weasled his way into the ACC with their abysmal academics and media market is a Gdamn mystery for the ages.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Oh look, I got two "little brothers" now, and what an odd couple they make. Let me guess...thinbeard little brother shoplifts the zima and bowtie little brother drinks it, lol...

Their basketball coach is a traitor, their football coach is a douchebag, the pizza pit sucks, their fans are thinbeard punks who claim the Cards first used Sandman as an entrance theme, the college is nothing more than a city college and how in the hell Jurich weasled his way into the ACC with their abysmal academics and media market is a Gdamn mystery for the ages.
UK, with our 3 National Championships this year alone, I'm more like your Daddy than a little brother....UK fans rank right up there with UNC fans in my boat...they both suck the big one!!

I'd love to know if the ACC asked Jurich about academics when he called begging to join ACC. And if ACC did ask, what did he tell them ?
When all other new schools joined conference, Swofford talked about strong academics of incoming school. With Louisville, I never heard any academic talk. I am still trying to determine what ACC gained by bring in some school in western Kentucky to ACC.

I'd love to know if the ACC asked Jurich about academics when he called begging to join ACC. And if ACC did ask, what did he tell them ?

Jurich truthfully told them that Louisville's academics were light years ahead of UNC's academics.

Could be some truth to that. But still Louisville academics are no where near the other ACC schools. Swofford should not have even answered Jurich's phone call. How he fell for Louisville's plea is beyond me .

Ever got to the bottom of a bag of chips and there was nothing left to eat but the crumbs...so you turned the bag up and eat what was left despite any embarrassment? Enter UofL to the ACC.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT