ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Pry named head coach of the Virginia Tech Hokies

I'm happy with the hire. Guys, the good ole TYPICAL and CONVENTIONAL thinking of "lets go get the hot genius who is currently winning at the non-P5 school" HAS NOT worked. It just hasn't worked. I'm glad went the other route. Get a PROVEN O or D coordinator at a top 25 power 5 program, and yes, Penn State over the past 10 years, is still a top 25 program whether Hokie fans want to admit it or not.

Pry's numbers on Defense speak clearly. They are proven. He's legit. He also learned some under Foster and was mentored by Bud Foster over the years (long after leaving VT as a graduate assistant). Bud has a regular 1 on 1 conversation with him, so defensively, I'm not worried. Now....recruiting, offense, and running a program. Recruiting, he's recruited the he** out of Virginia. I think this is also a win. Now, this leaves offense and running a program. I trust Bud Foster and Franklin always have a sound byte for his ear, so I'm not worried there either. The only question is......OFFENSE. This is the only box that is unchecked in my opinion. Pry's offensive guy, whoever that is, is critical.

Reactions: cmmcclu
Penn State has kicked our butt recruiting. Cant beat em join em.

Cannot wait for another 10+ win season. ACC Coastal can be had next year just by winning the games we are supposed to (Duke, GT, VA, BC, Atlantic foe to be named) and 2 of 3 (UNC, PITT or Miami). I think PITT will be a winnable game even at PITT. Miami at VT and UNC on road will be tough. We can do it!

Hope Whit gives him the $$$ Pry needs to top notch Assistant coaches. I heard total budget of $12 Million including HC

Yeah I'm tired of the best talent leaving our state. If he recruits great and finds an OC then we're set. I'm also glad he's retaining J C Price who bleeds orange and maroon and has stepped up recruiting already.

I've had 24 hrs to marinade on it. Pry might turn out ok. It was going to be a risk no matter who they hired. I think he fits the culture better than alot of the candidates. Anything is going to be an improvement, this ship was almost sink!

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Would never happen but would love to see Chadwell come as OC for double his CC salary. Having HC experience AND P5 coordinator experience is only going to enhance his resume and position him for a bigger HC gig down the road. In the meantime he does half the work and makes twice the money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT