ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Foster Tased, sedated, and restrained, after scimmage

Polymeros

Freshman
Jan 8, 2013
Brewer goes 10-15 for 256 yards and 5 touchdowns.
Motley with the 60 yard TD pass and 50 yard TD run.
Peoples with a 60 yard TD run.

Looks good with both our best de, both best cb and Maddy all out.....essentially the 2nd team defense.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:
Looks good with both our best de, both best cb and Maddy all out.....essentially the 2nd team defense.

Our #1 offense typically scrimmages the #2 defense, and I don't ever recall numbers like that. It's good to see, and very encouraging, but of course has to translate to real games.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:

Our #1 offense typically scrimmages the #2 defense, and I don't ever recall numbers like that. It's good to see, and very encouraging, but of course has to translate to real games.
No doubt man. It appears they had their way and it's encouraging to the point I almost feel God is tricking me, so apparently I've become the whiny, doubtful pessimist who sees the city through the trees and knows this ain't no country paradise....

No doubt man. It appears they had their way and it's encouraging to the point I almost feel God is tricking me, so apparently I've become the whiny, doubtful pessimist who sees the city through the trees and knows this ain't no country paradise....
Some of those D set-ups were preplanned. Bud was trying to give the O some so they could train for it . They were predominately man which we had a ton of trouble with last year. Still a great day for the O.

Lucas, is that you?

Originally posted by VA4VT:

Lucas, is that you?
Nope. Read the handle again.

oh SBW, I was just making a joke. Your comment seemed far less Sunny and more cloudy, more like our resident doom and gloomer's posts.

Perhaps I should have been more obvious.
wink.r191677.gif

OK - so the real question: how was the O-Line play? I have never doubted that some of our skill players could ball. But if the line collapses every play they don't get the chance to get in space and show their skill. How is the line holding up?

Originally posted by swmrappell:

OK - so the real question: how was the O-Line play? I have never doubted that some of our skill players could ball. But if the line collapses every play they don't get the chance to get in space and show their skill. How is the line holding up?
Seems from all accounts the first team oline is looking good. I am trying not to let that make me overly optimistic.

Originally posted by VA4VT:

oh SBW, I was just making a joke. Your comment seemed far less Sunny and more cloudy, more like our resident doom and gloomer's posts.

Perhaps I should have been more obvious.
wink.r191677.gif
I knew you were joking. Just wanted to clarify I am 100% not Lookis.

Been too many years falling for the spring and summer hype now, so I've learned to deprive myself of what use to be excitement for the upcoming season. Then the usual let down isn't as harsh, but last year was particularly heartbreaking after starting out whipping tosu.

I'm being somewhat facetious here because I really do look forward to the season with anticipation.

As for the offensive explosion, when a team runs plays other than "runs up middle", good things can happen.

There were a total of 11 sacks in the game. Two of the QB's wore yellow jerseys (Brewer and Motley). The O was good but against some brand new freshmen in the D backfield.
The first string O-Line looked much better but I would not start the traditional "We could win the national championship" thread yet. I'm just hoping for improvement over last year. The Wake Forest game was the worst game I've ever watched. I just do 't wan t see it again.
Would be nice to see Beamer go out with at least a decent team.

All the VT fans who watched the Wake Forest game (in person) should get a free ticket to a game this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT