ADVERTISEMENT

Dead board

Yep! You and I and a few others can remember when this place was loaded with VT posters. Then came a Mod that ran most people away. Still a good place to drop a nugget of info and have dicussions.

I'll give it a try.......I have a theory that Buzz came to VT to ultimately become a TV announcer. He knows he will not be good enough to make the NCAA tournament and they will continue to hire him after each season and this will lead to a full time gig like Seth.......just doing my part.

Good try. I agree somewhat....Buzz is a cheerleader, not an X's and O's kind of coach. But I feel he will turn things around.

Now how about spring football? How is London doin'?

Asking about London is clear evidence this board has deceased
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:
This board is dead.
1. No one is playing or practicing FB at our school.
2. Mpst people are on spring break or watching BB.
3. Very few players will announce now because of the BB lull which means not enough headlines.
Ding dong,the board is dead.

Originally posted by Hokiepoke:
Baseball season is in full swing, and the team is doing pretty well. There has got to be something to talk about.
Don't like BB but in two days it won't matter. The board will come alive with the rites of Spring. Football,Football,Football!!!!

ok I will fire the board up a bit, has to be Stineys fault for this weekends disaster in baseball and softball..................
This post was edited on 3/22 9:50 AM by 1bburgfan

HR,

I have never understood why baseball isn't bigger at VT than it is, (and other colleges also).
HR, there are very strict rules as to the size a bb can be.

Hey Buzz is more than a cheerleader!

I've seen VT score on in-bounds plays and run plays with only a few seconds on the clock and score.

Hadn't seen that in years.

When you only have one sport and it's not in season this is what you get.....nothing.
evilgrin0007.r191677.gif

That is true Mr. Jolly.

But our one sport school swept the Hoos in their best sport.
This post was edited on 3/25 8:36 AM by Hampton Roads 6

Which best sport HR.....Soccor, Tennis, Lacross, Swimming, Diving, we have so many best sports.

I see you don't understand the concept of National Championships.......but don't get me wrong Baseball is good as well.

There are 3 categories of sports in college:

football
basketball, baseball, softball
all other sports

Granted UVA has won NC in some lower tier sports, but all in all , baseball is best sport up there.

That may be true with most people, but I like college baseball and softball, a lot more than basketball. The NCAA and TV folks have ruined basketball. It's all fouls and TV timeouts, not to mentioned called TOs by the coaches. Each coach gets 5 TOs a game, and there are 8 TV timeouts, for a total of 18 TOs a game. Factor in halftime and that's over an hour of dead time during a game. And some games, the refs have to call something on every possession.

And Football differs how?

The average game lasts three hours and ten minutes or 190 minutes. The average team runs 74 offensive plays per game or a total of 148 plays per game. If the average play lasts 5 seconds that means a total activity of 12.33 minutes spread out over 190 minutes or a grand total of 6.5% activity during a typical college football game.

Gotta go now. I'm reading like pckank. Sorry.

True, but football dead time isn't as noticeable as basketball. But there is too much dead time in every sport. TV has ruined all sports. I wish someone would tell TV folks to take their money and shove it, and go back to playing the game as it should be played. College sports should not be about money.

College sports should not be about money.
Agree 100%. It's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. We have so many levels now and that's just the official levels. Within D1 there are a number of levels also. For instance , we do not have the funds to compete with the elite teams( and they may well have funds that are not attached to the school as well) . Yet, we are playing some of these schools every year. How about schools in the mid-am? They are also trying to compete at the D1 level. It's actually a spread of teams in D1 from the elite down to the bottom.

This post was edited on 3/28 2:03 PM by leeanderthal

That is one area where NCAA has screwed up. Every D1 team should play on same level playing field. A MAC, Sun Belt or any other conference should play on same field as SEC, ACC, or Big 12 schools. College football is college football. Just because one school or schools has more money, they should not receive any favors from NCAA. The field is 100 yards long for every team. and every team uses 11 players or offense and 11 on defense.

TheKeyPlay.com is always active with members and topics...... to be honest, I only come here if that board is dead or I am done contributing/reading other posts, which is rarely ever

Originally posted by avtfan:
TheKeyPlay.com is always active with members and topics...... to be honest, I only come here if that board is dead or I am done contributing/reading other posts, which is rarely ever
Fine by me.

You know things is Bad when the main subject is hoo sports. Nothing more boring than a Hoo playing something...Carry on.

BECAUSE.....despite Beamer (the catalyst) to VT'S rise from a miltary institution to football force & national presence ---
with a series of" name" basketball coaches (Don Devoe, Bill Foster, & Seth Greenberg)----- VT 's location seemingly makes it a "transitional rest stop" for coaches trying establish a name before jumping ship to move on to $$ GREENER $$ pastures and A CONSTANT media attention.......with TELEVISION COLOR &EXPERT COMMENTATOR * ATTENTION " & BIG MOUTH = BIG $$$$ -----THE ULTIMATE GOAL. & RESULT. You notice most of the coaches have beautiful wives.

ALL OF THAT MEANS POTENTIALLY LIVING THE HIGH LIFE----WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT THE # OF WINS, LOSSES,----

I BELIEVE THAT THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS NOT THE COACHING----IT'S THE HIGH PROFILE, ATTENTION , & MONEY THAT COMES WITH IT......BBURG IS NOT NEW YORK--NOT THE PLACE COACHES WIVES WANT TO LIVE, NOT A FASHION CAPITAL, AND CERTAINLY NOT A BIG MONEY MEDIA CAPITOL ......

--ITS A TRANSITIONAL WAY STATION.........

UNLESS YOU ARE BORN HERE (I.E. LEGEND FRANK BEAMER--& MAYBE FOSTER, THEN SHANE?)

People wondered why BUZZ suddenly left Marquette for VT (a ENTRE STEPPING STONE TO AN ELITE -nationally prominent conference- THE ACC- an excellent opportunity for ANY COACH seeking to build his a career & gain that big money/ national prominence & cache.......

.Thats..why Buzz went on floor at ACC tourney to coach a girl shooting baskets........he is building his career.. drawing attention....which may draw attention to VT,,,,,but as several local, VT & national media sources expect.. if he has success---- look for him to make a similar move --aka Shaka Smart--- the the big time programs----UNC, DUKE, NCST,
UCLA, KANSAS, EVEN MIAMI----other HIGH PROFILE PROGRAMS-----, IN HIGH PROFILE COMMUNITIES WITH, ENTERTAINMENT,& MULTI-OPTION LIFESTYLES , GREAT SHOPPING , GREAT WEATHER LOCALES

Maybe he does jump ship. Who cares if he is here long enough to rebuild our program. Good for him if he turns this job into a stepping stone for better success. We will then be able to recruit another good coach and continue to build on the program's success. Soon we won't be the stepping stone but the end destination of the stepping stones.

One season at a time, Buzz is VT's coach at least for now and is bringing the Hokies hoops team out of the cellar.

Go Buzz, go Hokies!

All the action is on our premium board, The Gobbler. Nothing but Hokies in there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT