ADVERTISEMENT

Hokie Baseball

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
We go into Pittsburg and lay an egg against probably the worst team in ACC. Loss might hurt chances of making ACC tournament.

Heard Whitt is a Big Baseball fan, maybe he can get our program a big time Coach...

I knew he played Baseball and his dad was a coach I believe . And he is a big fan of the sport, which should mean great improvements at all levels for VT. Money will be the issue , and VT fans NEEDS to start backing the program. period .....

I knew he played Baseball and his dad was a coach I believe . And he is a big fan of the sport, which should mean great improvements at all levels for VT. Money will be the issue , and VT fans NEEDS to start backing the program. period .....
VT needs to start backing the program. The facilities are shit.

Better than they were when Coach Hartman and Franklin Stubbs were around, but yes, they still have a lot of room for improvement. Although I would prefer that it was still grass - I've never liked turf.

__________, am I the only baseball fan on here ?

I love baseball - it's the greatest sport ever.

I always chuckle when some soccer or lacrosse parent moans about the games being boring or taking to long, because really what they are saying is that "I'm not smart enough to understand baseball" or "I've never taken the time to learn about it."

I love baseball - it's the greatest sport ever.

I always chuckle when some soccer or lacrosse parent moans about the games being boring or taking to long, because really what they are saying is that "I'm not smart enough to understand baseball" or "I've never taken the time to learn about it."

I was a team captain in high school, led a conference in batting average for a season and was being recruited by more than one college (before an unfortunate eye injury), but I can't stand to watch baseball. The games are WAAAAY too boring and take way too long.

Went to a AA game in Altoona a couple of weeks ago and they were using the :25 pitch clock, game flew and I have to say it was the most enjoyable game I've watched in 10 years.....I hope the majors adopts the same clock and maybe I'll start watching again.

I was a team captain in high school, led a conference in batting average for a season and was being recruited by more than one college (before an unfortunate eye injury), but I can't stand to watch baseball. The games are WAAAAY too boring and take way too long.

I've seen and coached a lot of kids who's athletic accomplishments exceeded their understanding of the game. Baseball's a lot more complex than it seems.

I've seen and coached a lot of kids who's athletic accomplishments exceeded their understanding of the game. Baseball's a lot more complex than it seems.

No...fluid dynamics, String Theory and raising kids are all a lot more complex than they seem. Baseball is about as simple as it gets in life.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
The number one thing that's needed to speed up baseball is Umpires calling more strikes. This would force batters to go to plate and be aggressive and not go to plate looking for a Walk. this is a problem at all levels of baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT