ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Tim Settle Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
You guys know because many of you have been the ones to ask me, but for the past 5-6 months, the guy I've been asked about more than anyone is Tim Settle. And pretty much for the past few months, I've had the same answer, that we'll wait and see, because honestly and truthfully, that's all we've been able to do.

Late last night, Tim called me for a Q&A with the New Class series that I'll post probably later today. But he also told me where he is as far as qualifying. I don't want to post the specifics here, but anyone who is interested, email me at jason.stamm@rocketmail.com.

He'll be taking both the ACT and the SAT coming up. The ACT is on June 13, while the SAT is June 6. These are the final test dates for both this year.

Settle said his final day of school is June 4. He told me he definitely won't have to go to junior college, but I never thought his grades were that bad where that would be an option. Settle did say that "The day I qualify, I wanna get down to Tech." And that looks like it will be around the first of July, in time for the second summer session.

As many of you know who have taken the standardized tests, it takes a couple of weeks to get your score back. All you need is the passing score on one, so Settle is taking both. Here's what VT's admissions requirements states:

"Virginia Tech accepts either the SAT Reasoning Test (including critical reading and math) or ACT test scores. Since Virginia Tech utilizes the writing portion of each test for placement purposes, students who opt to take only the ACT should take the ACT plus writing. All tests should be taken by the December test date of the senior year.

Our Score Choice is: Highest Section Scores Across Test Dates – Version 1 (Highest M, CR, W). Please note: Virginia Tech wants to see all of your test scores. We will use the highest scores and even combine your highest test scores from multiple test dates when evaluating your application."

So we'll know in about a month and a half for sure whether or not Settle will qualify. But right now, it's really 50/50 because he's so close.

And for those of you who missed this a while back, as I noticed there's not a ton of views on it, here's Mike Farrell's breakdown of Settle: https://virginiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723526

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News