ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Weaver, RIP...

Very Sad. He done a lot for VT and help put them where they are at Today.

Jim deserves a lot of credit for his many accomplishments as our AD. He also deserves a lot of credit for continuing to work for years while suffering much pain. Heart goes out to his wife and family.

Reactions: Jackcrow
Rest and relax with joy with the one and only great one above Jim Weaver. Great AD. More important, great person. This is somewhat sudden news and Jim Weaver did suffer from Parkinson's, but...........Jim was still mobile and got around well. I saw him just 2 weeks ago on Main St. His death I suspect is probably more closely related (my guess only) to something cardiovascular or possibly just vascular in nature. Again, only my guess. Parkinson's does not cause death, but the complications caused or related to Parkinson's can, but these complications don't occur until the disease is well advanced rendering the person immobile or confined to bed. Jim was not confined to bed.

JW did MORE for Blacksburg and VT in roughly a decade than what most AD's do for their school or schools though out an entire career. He was also actively involved in the local sports scene in the past to include little league, junior high, and high school stuff around Blacksburg. That tells you the kind of person he was as.......being the AD for a gigantic sized major University was not to big for him, or to put it another way, the smaller level and local level stuff in and around Blacksburg was not beneath him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT