ADVERTISEMENT

New trend in Olines

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone notice that Olines are taller and leaner nowadays? FSI and Miami's line continues the old trend and is heavy averaging 315- 320 lbs. but most of the ACC and some other major programs I checked are all averaging around 290 lbs. or less.

Boston College used to always have huge lines but they seem lighter too. I believe our movement to lighter linemen was to have them to be able to move better and pass protect better.

Last edited:
Big, heavy lines are still good for playing smash mouth football (ala Wisconsin or Miss St), but if you're passing a lot or running the spread, then lighter, more mobile lines are definitely the way to go.

Guess which combination of size vs scheme our clueless offensive coaches use? IMO...like everything else about our stupid broke offense, it's the worst combination possible.

We thought we would get Miller after you took a LB commit this weekend. Feeling was VT would be done with LBs. But VT is still wanting him so I think it might be 51 VT to 49 NCSU. He will decide Wednesday.

We thought we would get Miller after you took a LB commit this weekend. Feeling was VT would be done with LBs. But VT is still wanting him so I think it might be 51 VT to 49 NCSU. He will decide Wednesday.
I agree that's gonna be a tight race

You guys beat us for a couple of receivers so I guess it is about time we got one of these kids.

You guys beat us for a couple of receivers so I guess it is about time we got one of these kids.
Good pickup. We sure need the WRs, so it is working out so far. Couple more announcing this weekend, we should pick up another.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT