ADVERTISEMENT

Robinson Substitution?

VT33

New Recruit
Feb 1, 2006
Why in the world was Robinson substituted for with about 7:00 left in the Louisville game today?
Was Robinson hurt? Cramps? Tired? Our best player didn't get back in till about the 3 1/2 minute mark? It hurt us on O and D. I cannot figure out Buzz's move there. That was a game we could have gotten and really needed. No reason for that move. I hope Louisville sends us a Thank You card.

Why in the world was Robinson substituted for with about 7:00 left in the Louisville game today?
Was Robinson hurt? Cramps? Tired? Our best player didn't get back in till about the 3 1/2 minute mark? It hurt us on O and D. I cannot figure out Buzz's move there. That was a game we could have gotten and really needed. No reason for that move. I hope Louisville sends us a Thank You card.
No idea on Robinson but the rebounding difference 44-27 Louisville, and the poor free throw shooting is what killed VT.....plus Louisville was shooting 3 really well.

No idea on Robinson but the rebounding difference 44-27 Louisville, and the poor free throw shooting is what killed VT.....plus Louisville was shooting 3 really well.
Another 14 rebound deficit tonight. But we made up for it by forcing Duke into 18 TO’s and didn’t have to weather 6 straight 3s at the end of the game.

The basketball gods smiled on us tonight.

Nice win. It seems like we can either play offense very well or defense very well, but not in the same game. I would like to see Buzz run two squads (offense and defense) and see whether our opponents can react. Robinson, Walker etc. and Blackshear can play both. Clark, Horne and Wilson are mostly defense. Bibbs and Hill are mostly offense.

Nice win. It seems like we can either play offense very well or defense very well, but not in the same game. I would like to see Buzz run two squads (offense and defense) and see whether our opponents can react. Robinson, Walker etc. and Blackshear can play both. Clark, Horne and Wilson are mostly defense. Bibbs and Hill are mostly offense.
Seems to me that VT gets up for the big games but has trouble keeping that intensity for the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT