ADVERTISEMENT

The Commonwealth Cup

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
Getting away from that team from Ohio and UNC cheating for a moment:

I just saw of Facebook, that the Commonwealth Cup has been in possession of VT for 3900 days, as of August 2.

Now we wait for our resident Hoo to remind us how long it's been since we won a NC.

I've seen how this thread plays out before....

Reactions: mrjolly01
I laughed guys, bottom line VT has a better football program right now no argument.....but I will say UVA just won the Capital One Cup for the "Best Sports Program" in the country. Best in state? Or best in the country? Which is better......enjoy football season guys, we will enjoy the entire sports year. Night and day difference in our sports programs right now, but I'm sure all you care about is football, because it's all you got.

Told ya so. Can we just stop these stupid threads?

PS The Capital Cup is not the Director's Cup. Let's not pretend that it is.

I laughed guys, bottom line VT has a better football program right now no argument.....but I will say UVA just won the Capital One Cup for the "Best Sports Program" in the country. Best in state? Or best in the country? Which is better......enjoy football season guys, we will enjoy the entire sports year. Night and day difference in our sports programs right now, but I'm sure all you care about is football, because it's all you got.
Yeah, but how can you botch the #1 revenue sport so badly? Frank has had a horrible last 3 years. If London had those results for the last 3 years, he would have a lifetime contract. Mindboggling why you guys have continued to hold on to London.

Yeah, but how can you botch the #1 revenue sport so badly? Frank has had a horrible last 3 years. If London had those results for the last 3 years, he would have a lifetime contract. Mindboggling why you guys have continued to hold on to London.
We agree Smitty....London has been a joke. But the rest of our sports programs are as good as anyone in the country. I could say the same about VT's overall sports programs are a joke. Your AD has put everything into Football and the balance of your sports have suffered. Buzz may be a good hire, time will tell. Until he moves VT into the top echelon of the ACC you can't really tell me how good he is.

Buzz was as good a hire as this program is going to get. He's doing a great job upgrading our players and getting his system in place - quickly. I'm very confident he'll be very competitive in the conference, and with UVA. As close as he played you in Blacksburg last year he could turn that into a win this year.

VT beat the national Champion in football and baseball, and almost beat NC in basketball.
HR....I bust out laughing every time you post that stupid stat......tell me which is better beating a team on the way to a NC or actually winning a NC? Guess you wouldn't know since you have never won one.

Buzz was as good a hire as this program is going to get. He's doing a great job upgrading our players and getting his system in place - quickly. I'm very confident he'll be very competitive in the conference, and with UVA. As close as he played you in Blacksburg last year he could turn that into a win this year.
Jolly, Buzz may do exactly what you say, but until he does it's only a dream.

Jolly, Buzz may do exactly what you say, but until he does it's only a dream.
Very true. Some dreams turn into nightmares.

uspw_6617646.jpg

Will start worrying about Buzz when VT finishes somewhere besides the bottom half of the conference.

But you are the one who keeps bringing up Buzz. That's a sure sign you are worried now. Just sayin'

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't VT beat the hoos in regular season Wrestling and finish in top 10 nationally while hoos did not? If so, suck it hoos!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't VT beat the hoos in regular season Wrestling and finish in top 10 nationally while hoos did not? If so, suck it hoos!
Hokie81 if that's all you can come up with, my point is made......LOL

Hokie81 if that's all you can come up with, my point is made......LOL
hoos - Was my statement correct or not re wrestling? If you cannot address the facts, but run from them, I'd say the joke is on you. lol boohoos, ...

Wow Hokie81....I'll give you Wrestling if that makes you feel better. My point is our "Overall Sports Program" is way ahead of VT....reference the fact we were #1 in the Capital One Cup, VT not in Top 25. We also finished #6 in The Directors Cup while VT was #35.... So feel free to shut up on stuff you obviously know nothing about. You got Football and Wrestling, does that make you feel better.....LMAO.

If London spent half as much time coaching as he does hollering at the refs, the Hoos might win 3 games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT