ADVERTISEMENT

Told ya. It's done. VT D enters top 20. Ranks 18. Fire Bud!!!

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
I am so sick of Foster. We have to fire him. This 18th ranked defense with all the injuries and a 94th ranked offense that has the D constantly on the field is just not cutting it. I mean come on man, this D is just losing games for us and should have been top 10 so Foster has not done his job. As for the O, 94th is fine and we are young and injured and just "got no breaks." The O is fine and we will "get em next year." Let's worry about the D in the off season and talk about how Foster sucks when he misses 2 five star Defensive players at recruiting. Never mind him getting about five 4 star players to commit. Nope....time to get rid of Foster. Man...I am worried about our D next year. P.S. Did I not tell you last week that after the UVA game, our D would go to 18th. Here we are.

This post was edited on 11/30 1:00 PM by lucustookis

WTF are you talking about? nobody said anything about fire bud? ppl were mad at the big plays VT has given up and a few game winning drives but everyone knows the strength of this program.. and Bud is the best because he makes the best adjustments.. wish all coaches were like him.

LOL

No WTF are YOU talking about? You are one of the one's I pointed out which is why you responded and
You ran that mouth of yours talking about how we "should have" shut out Duke. You also ran that emotional mouth about the D because they have "given up some big plays." That's comical because all D's give up big plays. You are not satisfied unless your emotional brain has a top 5 defense and anything less by you and some other fans is equal to a God Forsaken 94th ranked O. Again, I have called you no names in this post, but point out your emotion first insights. And yes....people on TSL..many of them and SOME on this board did point out after the D struggled in a couple of games that "all the coaches should be fired" including Foster, so your "WTF are u talking about" statement is pure garbage. With all of this written and your attempt to divert the thread towards me vs our D and Foster, I will redirect......THE BUD FOSTER VT D HAS THE 18TH RANKED D IN AMERICA AND ANOTHER TOP 20 PERFORMENCE.

This post was edited on 11/30 3:00 PM by lucustookis

Re: LOL

Damn bro..haha . take a xanex.. are you Bud Fosters 3rd cousin or somethin.. I NEVER said fire bud, or ever questioned coaching, you dig all you want you will never hear me say those words.. What I did do is call out a defense when they performed bad.. they did play like Poo a lot this year.. We had major holes and to be top 20 is beyond good.. we are a good defense.. but the defense did give up Game winning drives against ECU- broke record for passing yards allowed., GT, BC, PITT- RB ate us alive, .. not to mention Miami who's offense is no juggernaut and VT D made them look like the packers. I think Bud is the best Coach we have ever had and has single handedly won games for VT, but this D really was not that great this year.. With injuries and being young they did over achieve thanks to good coaching.

Nobody wants Bud Foster fired, If anything most want him to take the damn team over. But rankings be damned, this is not the VT defense of past. Beamers philosophy is to put the game in the hands of the defense to seal the win and in at least 2-3 games they failed terribly to do it and in at least one game (Miami) they didnt even show up.

False and YOU do not speak for everybody so it is false to write "Nobody wants Bud fired." That is a false statement when TSL and even this board has had comments over the year suggesting to "fire all of the coaches." Again...the VT D is 18th in America.

I smell anger as evidenced by your cussing.. VT D is 18th.

I am sorry u are upset the D and good ole BUD is 18th in America.

agree lucus. all Ds give up big plays. did u see bama and their vaunted D get shredded by auburn? Georgia shut them down but bama's D got handled. did u see what friggin Kentucky did to louiville's d? did u see what brewer did against Virginia's D? lmao. foster is this team and no one should forget that.

Spot on

Spot on and your point hints at the jest of my post which is.....the expectation differences in our O and D are comical. Even in this thread, you have a poster that slammed Foster through several points in the season for the "big plays." We were incredibly fortunate as fans to not have nearly as many big plays as we did. Bring in 99 percent of other DCs and they would have had MORE big plays. Foster has performed time and time again for two decades. To question him is incredibly ignorant in my opinion.

This post was edited on 11/30 7:54 PM by lucustookis

Originally posted by RB4:
Damn bro..haha . take a xanex.. are you Bud Fosters 3rd cousin or somethin.. I NEVER said fire bud, or ever questioned coaching, you dig all you want you will never hear me say those words.. What I did do is call out a defense when they performed bad.. they did play like Poo a lot this year.. We had major holes and to be top 20 is beyond good.. we are a good defense.. but the defense did give up Game winning drives against ECU- broke record for passing yards allowed., GT, BC, PITT- RB ate us alive, .. not to mention Miami who's offense is no juggernaut and VT D made them look like the packers. I think Bud is the best Coach we have ever had and has single handedly won games for VT, but this D really was not that great this year.. With injuries and being young they did over achieve thanks to good coaching.
RB4 I believe this D would be rated higher if they didn't have to keep their asses on the field so much. A rating as high as ours with an O as bad as ours is outstanding. I have them personally rated in the 90%+ . The only way they could get any higher would be sign up for a class on D at UNC. This way they don't even have to attend to get a100%.. Nobody works as hard as those guys.

Re: Spot on

Thank you Captain Obvious...without your weekly ranking updates nobody that follows VT football would have ever thought that the defense is better than the offense. Take a bow, Phil Steel should be contacting you shortly to get your take on next year.

Originally posted by vt1hokie:

agree lucus. all Ds give up big plays. did u see bama and their vaunted D get shredded by auburn? Georgia shut them down but bama's D got handled. did u see what friggin Kentucky did to louiville's d? did u see what brewer did against Virginia's D? lmao. foster is this team and no one should forget that.
All very good points. I agree with Lucus as well. Considering that Facyson was out and Maddy was out and lbs were pedestrian at best, this was a pretty good defense.

I again...smell anger so let me redirect. VT D is 18th in America

Bud has em at 18th. Well done for the Hokie D and staff. Bud deserves the MVP again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT