ADVERTISEMENT

Well the first college football Summer Magazine is out

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
It picks VT to finish 3rd behind GT and Duke in our division. Also picks Fuller to be an AA and expects our D to be good again with an improved O.

Maybe we can sneak up on folks.

Last edited:
We shit the bed against GT last year, and beat Duke. There is no way those teams finish ahead of us. Duke is over. They are back to being Duke.

This year I feel that our team has a lot more determination than in prior teams. A little more nasty. School is out but I'm betting that we show better and should win at least 8 games but could very well do a lot better.
I do not like GT. Duke is OK by me but I still want to beat them more decisively

Hoos win the ACC!!!!!!........my bad, didn't realize we were talking football....just use to winning the ACC in most sports. Sorry boys, in the Keys this week and feeling frisky!

Hoos win the ACC!!!!!!........my bad, didn't realize we were talking football....just use to winning the ACC in most sports. Sorry boys, in the Keys this week and feeling frisky!
Props to Andrew Brown for Phil Steele's 3rd team All ACC selection. If you watched a replay of his 4 tackles last season, you can really see something special there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up 10-12 tackles this season.

You wish you had Mr. Brown, maybe then you could finish higher than 3rd this year.....

From what I've noticed there's a whole lot of frisky feeling boys in the keys so you should be in good hands.

Props to Andrew Brown for Phil Steele's 3rd team All ACC selection. If you watched a replay of his 4 tackles last season, you can really see something special there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up 10-12 tackles this season.
I could certainly tell by his third tackle that he had incredible technique. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing offense and defense, maybe even qb. Possibly coaching as well. He's special no doubt.

I could certainly tell by his third tackle that he had incredible technique. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing offense and defense, maybe even qb. Possibly coaching as well. He's special no doubt.
In all fairness, even most hoo fans seems to think that was ridiculous. Should have left Brown off the list, moved Dean to 3rd, and had Maddy at 4th.

I'm about 125 miles north of you and we are catching a pretty big rainstorm . How's it in the frisky Keys?

Been raining on and off today, was beautiful the last few days. Hopefully it moves out soon.

Gotta love the offseason

Read on VT's 247 board that some of you think VT has a top 5 DL, LB and DB units in the country

Classic offseason excitement

Gotta love the offseason

Read on VT's 247 board that some of you think VT has a top 5 DL, LB and DB units in the country

Classic offseason excitement
DL, yes. Have the two pre season first team All ACC DEs, 2nd team all acc DL in Marshall, and Maddy will be starting his 5th consecutive year. 142 game played in between them.

DB - Kendall is first team All American, Facyson was a freshman All American and will return at CB. Clark is an All ACC player, and will slide from CB to safety. CJ Reavis is the other safety, and will be all acc, if not all American by the time he is done.

LB unit top 5 in the country? LB is a huge concern, and I post on 247 and have never heard a single person think that the LB unit is top five, or even top 25. Not sure where you are getting that from, but it's not from VT's 247 board.

DL, yes. Have the two pre season first team All ACC DEs, 2nd team all acc DL in Marshall, and Maddy will be starting his 5th consecutive year. 142 game played in between them.

DB - Kendall is first team All American, Facyson was a freshman All American and will return at CB. Clark is an All ACC player, and will slide from CB to safety. CJ Reavis is the other safety, and will be all acc, if not all American by the time he is done.

LB unit top 5 in the country? LB is a huge concern, and I post on 247 and have never heard a single person think that the LB unit is top five, or even top 25. Not sure where you are getting that from, but it's not from VT's 247 board.
Sounds like someone is fabricating.....

Are you sure Facyson will be back at cb to start the season?

Sounds like someone is fabricating.....

Are you sure Facyson will be back at cb to start the season?
That's the word. If not, his career is over. Worse come to worse and Stroman takes the starting CB spot. Stroman is a mutant. He will be VT legend before he leaves Blacksburg.

Reactions: GurskyT

I disagree, having 2 all acc guys is nice but those 2 and 2 pretty good DT's is not even close to a top 5 unit nationally

You said it yourself that you lack depth

Having only 4 good players spells doom come November when injuries take a toll and they most certainly will if you have to rely on just 4 kids to compete in most games

You have 1 elite DB and once again a couple solid players, this doesn't make you an elite unit nationally

There is no comparison to a LSU, Bama, FSU, UF or USC... none whatsoever, all these schools have a couple elite guys like Fuller and then a bunch of untested yet highly ranked talents up and down the depth chart.... VT does not, you barely have a starting 4

Once again, the key to VT's success will be offense. When we read the "red-zone", we need to score touchdowns, not attempt Field Goals. Now one way to solve that problem is "don't stop in red zone", just score TDs on long plays from all over the field.

I disagree, having 2 all acc guys is nice but those 2 and 2 pretty good DT's is not even close to a top 5 unit nationally

Having only 4 good players spells doom come November when injuries take a toll and they most certainly will if you have to rely on just 4 kids to compete in most games

You have 1 elite DB and once again a couple solid players, this doesn't make you an elite unit nationally

There is no comparison to a LSU, Bama, FSU, UF or USC... none whatsoever, all these schools have a couple elite guys like Fuller and then a bunch of untested yet highly ranked talents up and down the depth chart.... VT does not, you barely have a starting 4

Classic offseason trolling.
We do have a top 5 DL and DB.
Where are Smitty's quotes regarding a lack of depth?

That's the word. If not, his career is over. Worse come to worse and Stroman takes the starting CB spot. Stroman is a mutant. He will be VT legend before he leaves Blacksburg.
and btw those were two separate and unrelated comments.....I wasn't suggesting you were fabricating.

I just noticed every post you've made is to criticize VT or just plain old antagonistic sarcasm on this board......I suggest you make some friends over here lest you find yourself walking the plank whilst the crowds cheereth your demise. All "five of them".

You could at least attempt to offer some dialogue worthy of reading.

We've had multiple top 5 defenses with less talent than we currently have on the roster (high school ratings-wise). Plus, you're discounting the most important factor, or maybe you've never heard of Yoda Foster.

and btw those were two separate and unrelated comments.....I wasn't suggesting you were fabricating.
Didn't take it that way at all. Thought the same as you that Facyson might not be ready. Saw an interview with Bud or Torian not long ago, whoever it was said they expected Facyson to be 100% at the start of the season. That might be a little overly optimistic.

Classic offseason trolling.
We do have a top 5 DL and DB.
Where are Smitty's quotes regarding a lack of depth?

No you don't

UF, FSU, USC, Bama, LSU are all certainly deeper, more talented and flat out better

You have solid groups as usual but neither are top 5

You have maybe 1 DT who average and likely rides the bench at the 5 schools I mentioned

Sweat redshirts at FSU, plays right away at VT

Auburn and UGA are also better along the DL for sure

You could even make a case that Tennessee is too

Barnett would certainly be the best DL on your roster if he played at VT

We've had multiple top 5 defenses with less talent than we currently have on the roster (high school ratings-wise). Plus, you're discounting the most important factor, or maybe you've never heard of Yoda Foster.

Heard of him, watched a 6-7 Miami run it with ease all night long against him and this so called top 5 DL

I just noticed every post you've made is to criticize VT or just plain old antagonistic sarcasm on this board......I suggest you make some friends over here lest you find yourself walking the plank whilst the crowds cheereth your demise. All "five of them".

You could at least attempt to offer some dialogue worthy of reading.

Plenty of truth to my posts you just aren't trying to hear it

Which is normal for Homeboards

FSU fans and mods are the same way, as is everybody on home team sites

Heard of him, watched a 6-7 Miami run it with ease all night long against him and this so called top 5 DL
I'm not sure you understand how this seasonal football thing works. Whatever Miami game you're talking about wasn't against this dline because this year's dline hasn't played a game yet.

Plenty of truth to my posts you just aren't trying to hear it

Which is normal for Homeboards

FSU fans and mods are the same way, as is everybody on home team sites

Plenty of truth to your posts huh....

You mean like we don't get Diggs?

Tell me, Ms. Cleo...how do you know that? You don't.

No you don't

UF, FSU, USC, Bama, LSU are all certainly deeper, more talented and flat out better

You have solid groups as usual but neither are top 5

You have maybe 1 DT who average and likely rides the bench at the 5 schools I mentioned

Sweat redshirts at FSU, plays right away at VT

Auburn and UGA are also better along the DL for sure

You could even make a case that Tennessee is too

Barnett would certainly be the best DL on your roster if he played at VT

1e92843897_14977506.jpg

FWIW...you can read this outside opinion at your leasure: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-pass-rushing-duos-for-2015-season/page/11

They seem to think VT has better ends than the other schools you mentioned. That's at least part of the reason.

A top 5 DL is more than having one article like 2 of your players my friend

Most elite programs rotate 8-12 guys along all 3 or 4 positions

VT can not claim this ability, making them irrelevant in the conversation for top 5 DL's

Look at what happens to you last year, you lose one average DT and you are gashed by a 6-7 Miami at home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT