ADVERTISEMENT

Well the first college football Summer Magazine is out

Plenty of truth to your posts huh....

You mean like we don't get Diggs?

Tell me, Ms. Cleo...how do you know that? You don't.

No I do, the kid is Bama or Maryland bound

Anybody who reads recruiting sites and not just hokie haven has a great idea where Diggs is going

Cool name call though, seems the truth really bothers you

Diggs has 27 predictions on 247 sports, many by experts in this business

Not one of them is for VT, how do you explain this? Seems to me like you are just some misinformed homer with nothing but hope in your mind and no regard for reality of recent comments by Diggs himself

I'm not sure you understand how this seasonal football thing works. Whatever Miami game you're talking about wasn't against this dline because this year's dline hasn't played a game yet.

So Nicholas and Ekanem didn't play in that game with Marshall too?

Interesting

Facts are they did, and Marshall and Nicholas are so undersized it's scary

Both are flat out horrible in run defense and helped VT finish 39th in run defense

Not sure how this qualifies them as top 5 coming into this year

No I do, the kid is Bama or Maryland bound

Anybody who reads recruiting sites and not just hokie haven has a great idea where Diggs is going

Cool name call though, seems the truth really bothers you

Diggs has 27 predictions on 247 sports, many by experts in this business

Not one of them is for VT, how do you explain this? Seems to me like you are just some misinformed homer with nothing but hope in your mind and no regard for reality of recent comments by Diggs himself
So, I'm right then, you don't know where he is going? Because your comment inferred you know for sure.

Abra kazam....be gone.

So Nicholas and Ekanem didn't play in that game with Marshall too?

Interesting

Facts are they did, and Marshall and Nicholas are so undersized it's scary

Both are flat out horrible in run defense and helped VT finish 39th in run defense

Not sure how this qualifies them as top 5 coming into this year
Lindy's also has Dadi and Ekanem as 1st team All ACC, Maddy as 2nd team. Must be tough on you, being the only guy that gets it.

Lindy's also has Dadi and Ekanem as 1st team All ACC, Maddy as 2nd team. Must be tough on you, being the only guy that gets it.
This guy is butt hurt over being banned last time.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But Maddy will punch you in the neck son.

Reactions: VTSmitty
Like I said,classic troll. Just trying to stir the troops up a bit. He is knowledgeable and intolerable.

No you don't

UF, FSU, USC, Bama, LSU are all certainly deeper, more talented and flat out better

You have solid groups as usual but neither are top 5

You have maybe 1 DT who average and likely rides the bench at the 5 schools I mentioned

Sweat redshirts at FSU, plays right away at VT

Auburn and UGA are also better along the DL for sure

You could even make a case that Tennessee is too

Barnett would certainly be the best DL on your roster if he played at VT

Florida State has always vastly outrecruited Virginia Tech. Let's look at total defenses the last 20 years:

Year----------Florida State--------Virginia Tech

1995...................41st..........................10th
1996.....................3d...........................24th
1997...................13th..........................16th
1998.....................1st.............................7th
1999...................19th.............................3d
2000.....................6th...........................27th
2001...................43d..............................2d
2002...................61st...........................32d
2003...................26th...........................51st
2004.....................7th.............................4th
2005...................14th.............................1st
2006...................18th.............................1st
2007...................42d..............................4th
2008...................15th.............................7th
2009.................108th (!).......................12th
2010...................42d.............................52d
2011.....................4th............................10th
2012.....................2d.............................18th
2013.....................3d...............................4th
2014...................61st............................21st

Average..............26th............................15th

How could this be possible? Even if you take out FSU's laughable 2009 season, their average is still 22d over 20 years. I mean, they have all the studs they put into the NFL over the past 20 years!

Position---------------Florida State------------Virginia Tech

DE.................................13...............................6
DT.................................14...............................4
LB..................................19..............................6
DB..................................21............................20

Must have something to do with...coaching! And to think we all believed Mickey Andrews to be a defensive genius. All that NFL talent, wasted in Tallahassee...

Athlon has Dadi, Maddy, and Ekanem as first team All ACC. Marshall is 2nd team.

VT runs a somewhat unorthodox defense. Most times it is effective but anyone can "cherry pick" a game or two in which their defense didnt match up well against a particular offense. Using the douchebags logic above, no way VTs defense stops OSU and no way OSU gets past Bamas defense but we all know how that worked out.

Bud Foster knows the type of recruit hes looking for to fit his defense whether somebody else calls them a 5star or 2star in High School. (see Chancellor 2star QB, Exum 3starQB, Cody Grimm Walkon, etc...)

Foster has had his defense in place for many years and has been recruiting for it. With the exception of Kirby Smart at Bama, most of the teams (FSU,Florida,LSU, USC etc) listed by the critic above have newer DCs who may or may not have their type players in place yet despite their typical deeper rosters of so called "elite" talent.

This isnt the first time preseason sources have listed VT as having a top 5 defense. Athlon has done it several times in the past few years. There is depth of experience and projected talent at DL and DB. The only real position in question is LBer and Bud Foster has proven he can get players to overachieve in this position.

Nobody knows for sure how the season will pan out but as it stands, VTs defense looks to be in good shape. Im no "Homer". If I can bitch and complain, I will (see my offense rants). I can honestly say this very well could be a top 5 defense.

That's the word. If not, his career is over. Worse come to worse and Stroman takes the starting CB spot. Stroman is a mutant. He will be VT legend before he leaves Blacksburg.

Yep, looking forward to watching Stroman run circles around defenders as the punt returner in coming seasons. Should be a very good corner too.

Yep, looking forward to watching Stroman run circles around defenders as the punt returner in coming seasons. Should be a very good corner too.
If Stroman doesn't take that punt at OSU from the 4 to the 39 before halftime, doubtful we score before the half, doubtful we win.

I know this is more about D but as to Stroman, I haven't seen him attempt to do anything that he didn't do really well. He can run,return punts defend at corner, tackle anyone, and he's a great playmaker. Like in the bowl game when he picked up our fumble on the run and fought off a couple of guys in a tug of war from the 15 yard line to score.

No you don't

UF, FSU, USC, Bama, LSU are all certainly deeper, more talented and flat out better

You're really showing your ignorance here. Go look at how Bama's DL fared against Ohio State last year versus what our DL did to them. VT's front was twice as good as Bama's front was last season. FSU? The same sorry FSU front that got run out of the country against the Ducks? Instead of consulting the psychic hotline to gain your knowledge, instead ask any Ohio State fan or Coach Meyer who had the best DL they saw all season. They're pretty honest about it.

VT had arguably the #1 DL in the country last season, period, compared to anyone...and the game stats, NFL players, numerous All-America accolades and the personal endorsement from the coach of your national champions back up that assertion.

Last edited:
If Stroman doesn't take that punt at OSU from the 4 to the 39 before halftime, doubtful we score before the half, doubtful we win.

Yeah, I got bored and actually watched the condensed version of that game the other night, that was a big return. Good eye by the coaches spotting his athleticism in camp and extending an offer to him since he was undersized coming out of high school.

& yes looking back at it the dline did a great job against OSU. Between their performance and the third down conversions of VT offense... that was fun to watch all over again.

Reactions: VTSmitty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT