ADVERTISEMENT

What about Shai McKenzie

VT/UK Rondo

Hokie Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2009
I seen his verdict was handed down in court but he was cleared by the University. Any chance he plays? Sits out a year? Ever plays again?

No jail time. Just house-arrest, and community service. No news on being re-instated to the team to my knowledge.

If I had to guess I'd say he'll be back playing on the team. Not much difference between what happened to him and what happened with Vick/Imoh. It was consensual....sketchy for sure but I almost guarantee he'll be back.

If I had to guess I'd say he'll be back playing on the team. Not much difference between what happened to him and what happened with Vick/Imoh. It was consensual....sketchy for sure but I almost guarantee he'll be back.
I agree with you and I think most do on this, but will he be back this year and if so, how soon? That's what everyone wants to know. I think he'll get a few games suspension. Over/under is 3. Make your picks.

You guys may be right but I don't think he should be playing this year at all. Two serious knee problems on the same knee needs more than this much time . Also I'm not so sure he even makes it back.

Sounds like Williams is at about 80-85%...if Edmunds/Coleman are doing well and Williams returns then we may not need Shai this year...might as well redshirt him I guess?

You guys may be right but I don't think he should be playing this year at all. Two serious knee problems on the same knee needs more than this much time . Also I'm not so sure he even makes it back.
Good point and redshirting him does sounds like the best idea, and then he's going to have to pull a suspension next season. Should be plenty of time to rehab his bad wheel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT