ADVERTISEMENT

What I want in the Ohio State game

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Frank and Lefty,

Win or loose, I want an unpredictable offense that keeps OSU on their heels. ie.. throw on early downs, if you get into a 3rd and long then don't always pass, come with a draw play or screen pass.

If we do run the ball most of the time then I want some traps and misdirection, not always man-on-man straight ahead against between the tackles against their very talented and deep DLine.

Go long occasionally to keep them honest but otherwise move the chains and keep our D fresh for the 4th quarter.

Use our play-makers like Bucky Hodges. Don't hold back his touches just for special situations.

If we play the field position game and are satisfied to punt then give me the special teams I saw in the bowl game vs Cinncy.

Our D will be its usual darn good and our light-weight but fast defenders will give OSU fits for the most part but they need help from an O that keeps the ball away from OSU.

OK?

Frank and Lefty,

Win or loose, I want an unpredictable offense that keeps OSU on their heels. ie.. throw on early downs, if you get into a 3rd and long then don't always pass, come with a draw play or screen pass.

If we do run the ball most of the time then I want some traps and misdirection, not always man-on-man straight ahead against between the tackles against their very talented and deep DLine.

Go long occasionally to keep them honest but otherwise move the chains and keep our D fresh for the 4th quarter.

Use our play-makers like Bucky Hodges. Don't hold back his touches just for special situations.

If we play the field position game and are satisfied to punt then give me the special teams I saw in the bowl game vs Cinncy.

Our D will be its usual darn good and our light-weight but fast defenders will give OSU fits for the most part but they need help from an O that keeps the ball away from OSU.

OK?
Good luck with your wishes.

Frank and Lefty,

OK?
What I'd like to see is some mixing it up with Hodges and Ford and Phillips as decoys with our 2nd tier receivers as targets, use hurry up to force them in to disadvantaged situations by bringing Hodges in tight/out wide and run up the middle/send him on a deep cross, hb screens and draws from 4wr sets to offset the blitz and set up quick passes from 4wr sets, wheel routes to Coleman and for God's sake please more bubble screens; we just don't implement enough bubble screens. Ok, that last one was a joke.

What I would like, if we are ahead late in the 4th and OSU has the ball , not to go into a prevent D. Like ECU and GT last season

What I'd like to see is some mixing it up with Hodges and Ford and Phillips as decoys with our 2nd tier receivers as targets, use hurry up to force them in to disadvantaged situations by bringing Hodges in tight/out wide and run up the middle/send him on a deep cross, hb screens and draws from 4wr sets to offset the blitz and set up quick passes from 4wr sets, wheel routes to Coleman and for God's sake please more bubble screens; we just don't implement enough bubble screens. Ok, that last one was a joke.
Not sure which other WRs we have

Not sure which other WRs we have
Well we've got at least one who had a previous terrific season and has afterburners on his cleats. They just need to light a fire under his ****. There's another they hyped up big time prior to last season....Hopefully Burden is working them in to a supporting cast..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT