ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruiting Finale

Agreed. The top 16 recruits seem to wanna go to Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forrest, Pitt, and Texas Tech, and Marshall. Really? Are those programs really better than VT?

Agreed. The top 16 recruits seem to wanna go to Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forrest, Pitt, and Texas Tech, and Marshall. Really? Are those programs really better than VT?
I read where we got nos. 14 and 15 in the state. 1 - 13 going out of state.

These are kids still. They may have friends in these places.they just want to get away to a new state.Family may be from those schools.any number of reasons.The quality of the school may not even come into play.I would like to hear what the reason for the choice they made after a season.Knowing why they left the state could help us in our efforts down the road

I know both schools have new coaches and the might have played a part in these kids going out of state but it doesn't speak well for either school that none of the top 13 signed with UVA or VT.

I grew up in Pa and didn't want anything to do with PSU or Pitt. Just didn't like the schools but couldn't give you an exact reason why.

Reactions: HooFart
Our programs are not winning. We have to win games to attract recruits. It's hard enough competing with the elites even when we are winning but right we have to take what we have and win with it.

As I reflect back, just one more touchdown a game over the past 5 years, and we would be a top 10 team every season. Heck maybe even one less punt or field goal attempt a game. Being conservative cost us.

We have not had a decent recruiter on staff in a long time, the program has to be sold to many young athletes. Winning helps but you have to recruit well to win with consistency. Hopefully this staff can turn it around , I miss the top 20 recruiting classes we once were having.

We have not had a decent recruiter on staff in a long time, the program has to be sold to many young athletes. Winning helps but you have to recruit well to win with consistency. Hopefully this staff can turn it around , I miss the top 20 recruiting classes we once were having.
You are right but if you are not winning it becomes very dificult to recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT