ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Thoughts...

Original Hokie

Hokie Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2006
Gotta first take note that there has been very little "meltdown" on the board after Monday's loss to OSU. Might be a first time for this board!!!

I thought the defense looked really, really bad despite the obvious talent OSU possesses on offense. I can't remember the last time we had zero sacks in a game under Bud Foster. Our secondary, including Fuller, were beaten time after time. Our defensive line that has been hailed as maybe the best since 1999 was absolutely manhandled at the point of attack and our LB's had difficulty getting off of blocks and had very few positive plays. Hopefully OSU is just that far superior to everyone else in college football this year.

I thought Brewer was having a really good game before we lost him. The offense wasn't spectacular but it was very consistent and I give Loeffler some credit for making some pretty nice play calls. I think THAT was the team we expected, When Brewer went out that changed everything about what would or could have happened those final 2 quarters. I don't think the outcome would have been the "beatdown" that it ended up becoming.

Now that Brewer is out for an extended time, I'm firmly on the Dwayne Lawson bandwagon. He needs to get a crash course on that playbook and get on the field and LEARN...for next year.

I think this year can still turn out ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.