ADVERTISEMENT

About the transfers...

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Going pro is natural. All kids want to go to the Big Show and be a star and make money. Transfers have hurt us but more are leaving most other ACC schools than VT. So I don't think its a problem for us. And, IMO, the ones who leave us want to get more playing time, be a bigger contributor in their new program, and get more ink. They go to a lesser program to do this. Also kids further down the depth chart loose interest. See ya later. If we were loosing kids to bigger name schools then I would be worried.

In the past we lost a QB to Maryland and you know how that went. We lost a WR and TE to ODU and who heard of them afterwards?

The kids we're bringing in, seem to be from lessor programs and they think they can star on a bigger stage. So be it.

Weird that we lost Hazelton to Mizzu who will likely start a dual threat QB that runs the ball as much, if not more than Hooker.
I know Fu got criticized a lot for his comments on transfers leaving but enough is enough. Either your all in or hit the road.

I originally thought it was all playing time based on these transfers but now I am not so sure. Some just seem weird to me, like Keane, whom I am not even sure gets drafted. Hope I am wrong, though. I do think in Hazleton and Jackson's case they were looking at the prospects of getting passed over or at least reduced playing time. I just hope there is nothing else going on.

If you want to be a big fish in a little pond then see you later. If you want to be a team player and do whatever to help the team (block, special teams, wait your turn while you learn, etc.) then welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT