ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

hokieinc-ville

New Recruit
Jul 17, 2009
Not sure if anyone noticed but we beat No.15 Clemson the other night and are now 9-6 in the ACC. Whodathought a month ago? Buzz has his guys pretty fired up and I think they've got a good shot against Looeyville Saturday. Way too early to get too excited about the NCAA's but they should get a good seed in the ACC. Who knows what might happen?

Signature wins vs UNC, UVA and Clemson gets us in. We just need to win most of our remaining games.

Signature wins vs UNC, UVA and Clemson gets us in. We just need to win most of our remaining games.
I really believe you are in....I know you guys have been shocked before but I think you are solid. One more win and I believe it’s no doubt. Louisville and Miami both are ripe for the taking, Duke is playing well now that Trippy Allen has found his game, that might be a tough one.

Not sure if anyone noticed but we beat No.15 Clemson the other night and are now 9-6 in the ACC. Whodathought a month ago? Buzz has his guys pretty fired up and I think they've got a good shot against Looeyville Saturday. Way too early to get too excited about the NCAA's but they should get a good seed in the ACC. Who knows what might happen?
Duke is looking like the team to beat, but if we get to the double bye you never know. With the double bye we’re good enough to pull it off if Duke has an off night shooting 3s and we can manage somehow to avoid getting murdered by Duke on the boards like the first meeting. We’ve already proven we are capable of beating the other two double bye teams when we play well.

Wow...Clark looks like a lil school girl in his pink uni with pigtails and white leggings. I believe I would have worn school colors on national TV.

The pink was worn to honor Ms Penny the first Hokie employee Buzz met when he came to VT. She is fighting breast cancer. I'm sure it was lovely to her , was to me.........................

Reactions: hokieinc-ville
The pink was worn to honor Ms Penny the first Hokie employee Buzz met when he came to VT. She is fighting breast cancer. I'm sure it was lovely to her , was to me.........................

That's a great story. It would have been an even better story if they had played better. Now they need a W against either Duke or Miami to stay off the damn bubble. Hope Ms. Penny does OK.

We have 3 chances left counting the 1st game of the ACC tourney to clinch a tourney bid. Lose all 3, and we might be sweating a little. The UVA and UNC wins look a lot better than the wins of the bubble teams, but our 4th best win is barely top 50, and with only 6 top 100 wins overall, we might need to win 1 more somewhere thanks to having 6 280+ RPI wins, 4 of which are above 300.

Way to go VT!!!.....I love it when Duke and coach Rat Face lose. Welcome to the Dance, all the questioning can stop.

No question about it. 100% lock. Great win! I have always felt I would rather play the real good teams twice because it gives you an extra chance for a good win. Had we played 2 lesser teams twice instead of UVA and Duke, we might not be dancing.

Looks like Saturday's game against Miami could determine who gets the double bye. Assuming Clemson and UNC each lose another game there should be a double bye slot for the winner of the VT at Miami game. A lot to play for in the last regular season game.

Hopefully we will beat Miami. (the Hurricanes lucked out and beat UNC last night).

I don't like the double bye crap in the ACC. I actually do not like byes at all. when tournaments start, the playing floor should be level.

Hopefully we will beat Miami. (the Hurricanes lucked out and beat UNC last night).

I don't like the double bye crap in the ACC. I actually do not like byes at all. when tournaments start, the playing floor should be level.
Unfortunately with an unbalanced conference you either have to have the bye system or leave teams out altogether, like they used to do us in the Big East. Without the bye system we would have been left out of 4 straight ACC tournaments. The bye system also rewards teams for doing well during the course of the regular season.

Looks like Saturday's game against Miami could determine who gets the double bye. Assuming Clemson and UNC each lose another game there should be a double bye slot for the winner of the VT at Miami game. A lot to play for in the last regular season game.
That Miami team is damn good. It will take a mammoth effort for our team to go down there and win. Miami has a lot of offensive weapons. We absolutely cannot allow them a lot of second chance opportunities, which I think is the real key to winning that game.

Tha Miami ain't got enuff HellHounds ta beat us. Sure, thems got a nice Truffle-Dog under the rim, but da Hokies ain't shy of no Hellhounds. We gonna win it dyerectly cauz of Hellhound U baby!!!

Tha Miami ain't got enuff HellHounds ta beat us. Sure, thems got a nice Truffle-Dog under the rim, but da Hokies ain't shy of no Hellhounds. We gonna win it dyerectly cauz of Hellhound U baby!!!
Miami has good hellhounds. They are stacked with hellhounds.

Tech is so damn inconsistent, who knows how they'll do. Right now, the ESPN gurus have Tech a #8 seed in the Midwest bracket along with Xavier, Mich. State, Mich., Wichita State and Miami. Probably the toughest bracket. Meanwhile, the Hoos are in the South bracket which is probably the easiest. It should be interesting. I don't see the Hoos' getting to the Final Four. Not enough hell hounds

Tech is so damn inconsistent, who knows how they'll do. Right now, the ESPN gurus have Tech a #8 seed in the Midwest bracket along with Xavier, Mich. State, Mich., Wichita State and Miami. Probably the toughest bracket. Meanwhile, the Hoos are in the South bracket which is probably the easiest. It should be interesting. I don't see the Hoos' getting to the Final Four. Not enough hell hounds
We will break the hell hounds when needed....we been riding the Truffle dogs to an easy ACC Regular Season Title...

I think Hootyhoo’s hellhounds are their strength. No disrespect to their truffle dogs.

"breaking the hellhounds when needed"? Is that like "releasing the Kraken?
We’ve been holding Jay Huff out all year so we can surprise everyone with our hell hound during the Dance....it’s not going to be pretty on all the truffle dogs.

Keep in mind this is a fake bracket! It means nothing! So calling it the toughest bracket doesn't make sense. Wait until the real brackets come out and then we can discuss the toughest bracket. I would say that being an 8 or 9 seed is bad. I would rather be a 10 or 11 seed (or better yet a 6 or 7 seed). I think if VT wins its next 2 games they will be a 7 seed in my fake bracket. If they lose the next 2 games I think they will be a 10 seed in my fake bracket. Split they will most likely be a 8 or 9 seed.

The ACC was "down" this season, thus UVA's "easy" regular season title. I'd love to see this be first year that a #16 seed beats a #1 seed.

Keep in mind this is a fake bracket! It means nothing! So calling it the toughest bracket doesn't make sense. Wait until the real brackets come out and then we can discuss the toughest bracket. I would say that being an 8 or 9 seed is bad. I would rather be a 10 or 11 seed (or better yet a 6 or 7 seed). I think if VT wins its next 2 games they will be a 7 seed in my fake bracket. If they lose the next 2 games I think they will be a 10 seed in my fake bracket. Split they will most likely be a 8 or 9 seed.

We all know that the ESPN brackets are just projections. The NCAA selection committee
usually gets the top 4 right and the rest of the selections are pretty much random after that unless Seth Greenberg happens to be the coach. I don't think it really matters a great deal whether Tech is a 7 seed or a 12 seed. They still have to play the game.

So . .. . . if . . .. and a major "IF" we were suddenly totally consistent and played lights out . . . . how far could we go? 1 and out? Sweet sixteen? What is the glass ceiling for us?

So . .. . . if . . .. and a major "IF" we were suddenly totally consistent and played lights out . . . . how far could we go? 1 and out? Sweet sixteen? What is the glass ceiling for us?
I don’t think its totally a consistency issue for us. We’re playing well consistently in limiting turnovers and our initial defense. Or perhaps we could say consistency if it’s rebounding we are talking about, because the common thread to our late season losses is getting pounded on the boards. That’s our ceiling. We can go as far as we don’t meet a team that works the boards for a lot of second chance points. That could mean anything fromm first round loss or going to the final four, because when we compete on our defensive boards we’ve shown we’re as good as any team.

The ACC was "down" this season, thus UVA's "easy" regular season title. I'd love to see this be first year that a #16 seed beats a #1 seed.
UVA wasn’t down.....just another Title for Hoo town. Eat your heart out HR. I guess it means VT’s good season was sku’ed by the conference being down, real shame....I thought VT had a solid season, guess I was wrong.

In da yard, the chicks alwayz do good in kickballs, badminton, and shuffling board. Deez ain't titles. Deez is what.makes em worth px of smokes. They ain't shankin and they ain't pokin. Ain't gotz no real titles but they sho gettin poked

In da yard, the chicks alwayz do good in kickballs, badminton, and shuffling board. Deez ain't titles. Deez is what.makes em worth px of smokes. They ain't shankin and they ain't pokin. Ain't gotz no real titles but they sho gettin poked
We got 25 National Championships you can suck on.....

But only 1 that anyone outside Charlottesville or Albermale County knows about.

(baseball)
Wrong....people outside of Blacksburg understand these titles, it’s the unsophisticated fans at VT that don’t understand. I almost wish VT would win one in any sport just so I could see how crazy their fans will be about a NC, then my point will be proven. Having none has to be tough. A footnote when people discuss titles.....name a P5 school with no NC’s?

Back in 2008 when VT went to softball World Series, I went to VT bookstore about 2 weeks later, to see if they had any caps related to the World Series . People working bookstore did not know what I was inquiring about.
If VT ever wins a NC, unless its in football or basketball, I doubt if many will notice. VT is a football school, like UNC and Duke are basketball schools.

Back in 2008 when VT went to softball World Series, I went to VT bookstore about 2 weeks later, to see if they had any caps related to the World Series . People working bookstore did not know what I was inquiring about.
If VT ever wins a NC, unless its in football or basketball, I doubt if many will notice. VT is a football school, like UNC and Duke are basketball schools.
If it was to ever happen you’ll see......but don’t hold your breath waiting for it. Still looks like wrestling could be your best bet, but that wouldn’t count so don’t worry about it.

The direction Cross Country plus Track and Field keep going there are possibilities there also. A shame we lost coach Jack. Throwering cost us ACC title for men and women’s team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT