ADVERTISEMENT

Another ESPN piece on VT this week...

Start reversing the trend by naming one RB the starter and give him the ball 20 or more times. This RB by committee sucks. Players cannot get into flow of the game. They rotate in and out too much. Make Edmunds or McMillian the starter and tell him to gain 120-150 yards.

That never happened with Billy Hite.

I don't think his rb coaching ability was all that but he would let a guy get a rhythm and ride him, and he had much more talent to work with. At one time, David Wilson was our 3rd string guy. The stretch of great backs ended when Wilson left imo. I thought Shai was nearing that potential before he got hurt though. Damn shame. Mac might could be great if they would commit to him.

Even Edmunds could be the guy, maybe. But only getting 4 or 5 touches a game, there's not a RB on team who can be the guy. Not to mention we substitute too much on offense. it's almost as if we have a different team for every down.

Even Edmunds could be the guy, maybe. But only getting 4 or 5 touches a game, there's not a RB on team who can be the guy. Not to mention we substitute too much on offense. it's almost as if we have a different team for every down.
I just don't see Edmunds being the guy to carry it 25 times a game for you. He's fast but not quick enough hitting the hole. And with your OL he better hit the hole quick before it disappears.

The only gaps our backs run for are the ones between the side judge and the down and distance markers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT