ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else enjoy the curb stomping Rutgers

The Carolina media will still say that Fedora is building a national championship team in Chapel Hill.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

put on the cheaters?
No. This time of the year, I am all ACC fan and pull for every ACC team in the bowl games. So, that was tough to watch.
dead.r191677.gif

I understand your point. I have no loyalty to the ACC , especially to the cheaters..............................

Last night I told the wifey that we might have a tough time getting a seat at the sports bar where we were going to watch the State game. I knew we might have to wait for the Hole fans to leave since their game was before ours. To our wonderful surprise the Hole fans started streaming out at halftime...which gave us prime seats at the bar. So yes...I enjoyed the curb stomping very much so!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yep ! It was a Game you wished they played 5 quarters so You could Watch another 15 minutes of A$$ Wuppin ....Nothing like The Carolina Way being Wupped !!

put on the cheaters?
Normally I like to see any team from our conference do well in bowl games. This game was en exception. I loved every minute of the game and thought they got what they deserve. Love to see those fake school slimebuggers get it right in the teeth.

I enjoyed seeing Boston College get beat by Penn State.

The ACC has had a rough bowl season so far, with only NC State and VT posting wins, if my memory is correct.
This post was edited on 12/29 8:33 AM by Hampton Roads 6

It's better for VT if the ACC does well. I'd rather see an ACC team beat another conference's team any day of the week, even if they are the cheaters, reprobates, and pond scum of the ACC.

I'd pull for the Redskins or Radford High School if they played UNCHEAT......................................................

It's good for conference when teams win their bowl game, but there are several schools I cannot pull for: BC, GT, Louisville and UVA. Oh, silly me, UVA doesn't go to bowls.

Originally posted by VA4VT:

It's better for VT if the ACC does well. I'd rather see an ACC team beat another conference's team any day of the week, even if they are the cheaters, reprobates, and pond scum of the ACC.
Please explain this thinking for me? Last year I had people telling me FSU winning the MNC would help VT get recruits. FSU has then proceeded to get Nnadi last year and Sweat this year, two of our biggest recruits in recent history. They also are miles ahead of anyone else in the ACC. The ACC winning does zero for VT in my mind.

Originally posted by cntrlhokie:

Please explain this thinking for me? Last year I had people telling me FSU winning the MNC would help VT get recruits. FSU has then proceeded to get Nnadi last year and Sweat this year, two of our biggest recruits in recent history. They also are miles ahead of anyone else in the ACC. The ACC winning does zero for VT in my mind.
National perception is affected, and that DOES have an impact, albeit subtle, on recruiting. Compare the recruiting ranking of the SEC to the ACC... The floor for the SEC is higher than that for the ACC, and that is due in part to the competition. Boise State doesn't get top 10 recruiting classes despite their success... but OIe Miss can (7th overall in 2013) even though they have been bottom dwellers for some time. Hell, Vanderbilt even scored a top 20 recruiting class in 2013 and top 30 in 2012.

To further prove this point, Ole Miss was 10th in the SEC in recruiting, per Rivals, for 2014. They would have been 4th in the ACC! Arkansas, 11th in the SEC, would have been 6th in terms of total points and tied for 8th in the ACC in average star rating!

Who you play and how well your opponents play DO matter, not just with recruits but also the CFB playoff committee... and that's going to further feed back into recruiting!

Originally posted by SacrydDreamz:

Originally posted by cntrlhokie:

National perception is affected, and that DOES have an impact, albeit subtle, on recruiting. Compare the recruiting ranking of the SEC to the ACC... The floor for the SEC is higher than that for the ACC, and that is due in part to the competition. Boise State doesn't get top 10 recruiting classes despite their success... but OIe Miss can (7th overall in 2013) even though they have been bottom dwellers for some time. Hell, Vanderbilt even scored a top 20 recruiting class in 2013 and top 30 in 2012.

To further prove this point, Ole Miss was 10th in the SEC in recruiting, per Rivals, for 2014. They would have been 4th in the ACC! Arkansas, 11th in the SEC, would have been 6th in terms of total points and tied for 8th in the ACC in average star rating!

Who you play and how well your opponents play DO matter, not just with recruits but also the CFB playoff committee... and that's going to further feed back into recruiting!
^^ This.

Also this: http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/03/was-the-acc-the-nations-best-college-football-conference-in-2014/

and this: http://businessofcollegesports.com/2014/12/08/college-football-playoff-conference-payouts/

The ACC doing well and winning games against non-conference opponents helps us get more teams into more bowls with better payouts and that impact VT's bottom line.

The better the ACC does, the more likely our teams are to get the nod for a better bowl over another team.

I'll take that share of the winnings and use it to build VT's programs, even if it means rooting for Louisville (who I can't stand) over UGA.

So, shall we cheat and lower our standards and admissions to bring in more money for the ACC ? I guess UNC can use their share to fund another self investigation and the ACC can pay Swofford to fly to Indy to defend them again..................

So, shall we cheat and lower our standards and admissions to bring in more money for the ACC ? I guess UNC can use their share to fund another self investigation and the ACC can pay Swofford to fly to Indy to defend them again..................
No -- the two are not mutually exclusive. UNC needs to be banned until it learns otherwise.

That ole miss top 10 recruiting class is looking good ................................................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT