ADVERTISEMENT

Babcock praises Fuente's handling of the Baylor situation

Why was Fuente even looking at Baylor? Baylor is the 4th biggest program in the state of Texas behind UT, aTm, and Texas Tech, and only has slightly larger following than TCU. Is that program a step up over VT?!!! He stayed not because 'Blacksburg is home'. He stayed because he was not offered the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Begbie_Nole
Why was Fuente even looking at Baylor? Baylor is the 4th biggest program in the state of Texas behind UT, aTm, and Texas Tech, and only has slightly larger following than TCU. Is that program a step up over VT?!!! He stayed not because 'Blacksburg is home'. He stayed because he was not offered the job.
I think he was definitely offered. I believe he has a strong attraction to an area of the country he considers home. Although Baylor is private, I believe it is a lateral move. I think the lateral move with the 2020 VT program rising with what he has built over the past two years has kept him in place for now. Not to sure Fu could've handled this much better. It would've been ugly regardless due to the timing. It was an opportunity to return to the middle of the country about 20 hours by car closer to family. Three more winning years from Fu would be good.

I think he was definitely offered. I believe he has a strong attraction to an area of the country he considers home. Although Baylor is private, I believe it is a lateral move. I think the lateral move with the 2020 VT program rising with what he has built over the past two years has kept him in place for now. Not to sure Fu could've handled this much better. It would've been ugly regardless due to the timing. It was an opportunity to return to the middle of the country about 20 hours by car closer to family. Three more winning years from Fu would be good.
prob could have not interviewed??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT