ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball? Are you kidding?

swmrappell

All-Conference
Apr 25, 2008
Can't believe we are having this much discussion during basketball season. Used to be in the not too far off distant past that we all pretty much packed it in until spring football. Wow - what a difference!!!
(Not that we are any where near the likes of Duke, UNC, and yes even Hoos but hey we are almost relevant. How cool is that?)

We’re getting honorable mention from ESPN for being relevant alongside Duke, UNC, and UVa now. It makes a big difference when you spend money on a coach.

With up to 20 high level programs under investigation, I envision a lot of prime job openings next year and that is a little scary for VT.

With up to 20 high level programs under investigation, I envision a lot of prime job openings next year and that is a little scary for VT.
I heard Buzz’s name mentioned for the Louisville job......hang on cause it’s only going to get worse.

As jolly said, you spend a little money and get a good coach. If he leaves, for 1 million, we'll be able to find the next Buzz. No worries.

We’re paying Buzz 2.5 million this year. I think it goes up every year until it gets to 3 million.

I don’t think Buzz will leave because of his commitment to his players or his trust in Whit. If Whit ever leaves start worrying about Buzz.

We’re paying Buzz 2.5 million this year. I think it goes up every year until it gets to 3 million.

I don’t think Buzz will leave because of his commitment to his players or his trust in Whit. If Whit ever leaves start worrying about Buzz.
I’m just saying success brings the rumors....we hear them every year.

Louisville could sure use Buzz....LOL
Sure they could. So could a lot of schools. And they’ll make their overtures.

Still, I don’t think Buzz is ready to move on at this point. Like I said he’s in a comfort zone with his AD and not finished with his commitment to his initial recruits he’s built his program from. Add to that what he’s in the process of building and what he has coming into next season. He’s got it going on at VT right now. Its not a good step off point for him right now.

Sure they could. So could a lot of schools. And they’ll make their overtures.

Still, I don’t think Buzz is ready to move on at this point. Like I said he’s in a comfort zone with his AD and not finished with his commitment to his initial recruits he’s built his program from. Add to that what he’s in the process of building and what he has coming into next season. He’s got it going on at VT right now. Its not a good step off point for him right now.
I really don’t think he’s going anywhere but his stock is up right now....good time for a big payday if he wanted.

I really don’t think he’s going anywhere but his stock is up right now....good time for a big payday if he wanted.
I don’t think he’s a money guy. He actually took a small pay cut coming here from Marquette.

I think Padgett has done a great job at Louisville!
Under the circumstances I think he has done well.....but Loserville fans want him run out of town and a big name brought in. I just wonder who would want this job? Money talks but it’s a crap school academically and their reputation for being a cheater is thriving right now. And I absolutely believe the football coach is a piece of crap that is more than likely cheating as well.

Under the circumstances I think he has done well.....but Loserville fans want him run out of town and a big name brought in. I just wonder who would want this job? Money talks but it’s a crap school academically and their reputation for being a cheater is thriving right now. And I absolutely believe the football coach is a piece of crap that is more than likely cheating as well.
Until they hire a permanent AD who can articulate a new vision for their athletic programs, no good coach candidate will want their job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT