ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball decomitts

Taking commitments from kids that young is absurd to start with, I’m talking any school. You don’t know if they will ever pan out and if they get better, and chances are if they get a lot better a stronger school comes along and takes them anyway. These 3 kids committed on the same day and de-committed on the same day.....is a little weird. If VT was pulling back on one kid they may have lost all 3.

I'm glad their gone. If you aren't deeply committed to a program then hit the road. Buzz can use their schollies to get better talent. The twins were just 3 stars and the big kid wasn't even ranked.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
From what I’ve read this is good for VT. Only one of the 3 players was developing into a player with legitimate ACC talent. It was anticipated all 3 would decommit when VT backed off BJ Mack. He was friends with the other two who were twin brothers, so no surprise they all committed and decommitted together. I expect Buzz is happy to have his schollies back and he will undoubtedly replace them with much better talent.

Need to be in Gate City, VA, and knocking on the door of the McClung residents. Major, major mistake by not offering this kid. He can play and not just make the team, but he will be a star at the Div 1 collegiant level.

Need to be in Gate City, VA, and knocking on the door of the McClung residents. Major, major mistake by not offering this kid. He can play and not just make the team, but he will be a star at the Div 1 collegiant level.
I don't know anything about the kid but there is a huge gap between just any Div 1 player, and those that play at top conference schools like the ACC teams.

From what I’ve read this is good for VT. Only one of the 3 players was developing into a player with legitimate ACC talent. It was anticipated all 3 would decommit when VT backed off BJ Mack. He was friends with the other two who were twin brothers, so no surprise they all committed and decommitted together. I expect Buzz is happy to have his schollies back and he will undoubtedly replace them with much better talent.
This is why no should be able to commit to any school until after their junior year. It’s ridiculous to think a 15 year has any idea where he wants to play.

Agree with Hoos. Leave the kids alone until the junior year at the earliest.

I just wanna see riff raffs first blood come up from those hills and Gate City and do that dunkity dunkity thing. I've seen it with my own eyeballs. He can play and he told Hoya Paranoida that he is playin there, but his daddy played backer at Mettazlica Nation in early 1990's, so he would change his outlook if Buzzy offered the duce of clubs or the ace of spades on him.

This is why no should be able to commit to any school until after their junior year. It’s ridiculous to think a 15 year has any idea where he wants to play.
I think they ought to get rid of “commits” altogether and just have them start signing binding LOIs, junior year earliest if they want to lock in the school and the recruit’s commitment to scholarship. And then if the coach leaves or the program gets put on some kind of major probation the LOI is voidable to the recruit without penalty.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
I think they ought to get rid of “commits” altogether and just have them start signing binding LOIs, junior year earliest if they want to lock in the school and the recruit’s commitment to scholarship. And then if the coach leaves or the program gets put on some kind of major probation the LOI is voidable to the recruit without penalty.
I like this idea....kids should be able to leave if a coach leaves. Good post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT