ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer doing the Nae Nae

Now that's just embarrassing. Jackhammered all year long on the field, outrecruited by a catfish, losing Dalton purely on lack of hustle, and now our 67 yr old head coach is stripper dancing over becoming eligible for the dontsqueezethecharmin.com bowl.

What has this program come to that coach is celebrating a win over Duke and being 5-5... what exactly did we acomplish yesterday? beating a overrated duke team? Im not impressed because the team still looked like crap, duke just looked worse. Nothin impressive about the win today but a win is a win, but lets not act like we won the coastal or anything..

I think it shows that we have a very young team that does not know any better. I am just glad to see those guys get up and excited about something this year. You are right, we are in a place that no one is used to here at Tech. I remain hopeful that this team is going to get back on track next year and really shine in 2016.

They beat a ranked team, no matter if it was Duke, they were 8-1 and ranked. They had a 3 game losing streak, they needed something to be excited about, and finally a little luck was on their side.

Plus, CJ Reavis, I. Ford, and Cam. P are all 18/19 years old right in the middle of the mosh, and this generation likes those crazy arm flailing dance moves, they are just having fun, and beamer doing some sort of half robot move is trying to join in.

They now need to build on this and forget the last 3 weeks.

Whoever called that fake punt, needs to be doing 100 yard sprints at 6am on wednesday morning.

Originally posted by Blue Hefner:
They beat a ranked team, no matter if it was Duke, they were 8-1 and ranked. They had a 3 game losing streak, they needed something to be excited about, and finally a little luck was on their side.

Plus, CJ Reavis, I. Ford, and Cam. P are all 18/19 years old right in the middle of the mosh, and this generation likes those crazy arm flailing dance moves, they are just having fun, and beamer doing some sort of half robot move is trying to join in.

Whoever called that fake punt, needs to be doing 100 yard sprints at 6am on wednesday morning.
Agree, agree, agree, and agree. Think of how much losing has bothered us as fans this year. Then, imagine how the players and coaches feel when they are the ones busting their tails week in and week out with little to show for it lately? Finally, their hard work pays off and they get a win. You better believe they should enjoy it. Why even bother playing or coaching if you only get mad about losses, without enjoying the wins? It seems like the theme on here this year is Beamer lacks the fire and cannot relate to the players anymore. So, now Beamer enjoys a win with his team, and gets ridiculed for that also? Unreal.

Celebrating a one point win over Duke reminds me of what General Patton once said about holding one's position in warfare. You're not really holding/celebrating anything.

Originally posted by pckank1:

Agree, agree, agree, and agree. Think of how much losing has bothered us as fans this year. Then, imagine how the players and coaches feel when they are the ones busting their tails week in and week out with little to show for it lately? Finally, their hard work pays off and they get a win. You better believe they should enjoy it. Why even bother playing or coaching if you only get mad about losses, without enjoying the wins? It seems like the theme on here this year is Beamer lacks the fire and cannot relate to the players anymore. So, now Beamer enjoys a win with his team, and gets ridiculed for that also? Unreal.
Mighty big of you to be questioning the behavior of other VT fans when you were nowhere to be found after our program's historic win over OSU. Mighty big indeed.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by pckank1:

I think many may be wondering why he doesn't put as much effort into recruiting. This was just another Bud win. I can see the ad now, "BUD FOSTER saving his coach's ass for over twenty years".

I think Beamer may have been celebrating because the win over Duke may have saved his job for another year (assuming a bowl appearance). Of course, a loss to Wake Forest will undo all of this.

I have no problem with the players celebrating and they deserve it. But the head coach celebrating in this manner under the circumstances annoys me like when a team is losing by 40 in the 4th quarter and scores a garbage td and a player dances gleefully in the endzone.... especially if he needed to score to extend his 20 game scoring streak.

Can't wait until we go to the whosucksworse.com bowl game played December 12th in Buffalo, NY.

We can end up 7-5, go win a .com bowl and end up 8-5. Some schools would be as happy as a pig in mud with that record.

Playing devils advocate...

Or

End up 6-6 play in a .com bowl lose and finish 6-7.

Not trying to be that guy, but losing 5/6 games in a year in the worst Power 5 conf in CFB is unacceptable in my book.

I say losing over 2 games a year is unacceptable, especially with our schedule this season. The only supposedly good team on schedule, we beat.

Originally posted by HokieNation:
I think Beamer may have been celebrating because the win over Duke may have saved his job for another year (assuming a bowl appearance). Of course, a loss to Wake Forest will undo all of this.
groan...
furious.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT