ADVERTISEMENT

Blue chip attrition and success rate

SunnyBeachWave

Global Elite-Illuminatist
Gold Member
May 8, 2013
Just doing a little research and opining here; past 4 classes before this past season, 4 and 5 stars (or 5 star).

K Jarrett, R Vandyke, Corey Marshall, Kris Harley

Jc Coleman, J Caleb, Donaldven Manning, Trey Edmunds, Ken Ekanem, Deon Clarke, Drew Harris.

Kendall Fuller, W Teller, Bucky Hodges

Holland Fisher, Raymond Minor, Ricky Walker, CJ Reavis, Marshawn Williams, Cam Phillips, Shai Mckenzie, Melvin Keihn

In my opinion, a grand total of 4.5 of those have made a significant difference at VT or 20%. Without being too specific, I'll say 2.5 of them are from the 2013 class. I gave Teller a .5 because he's made a difference on the oline but not really huge and not as much as I think he could have or would have if left on dline.

I don't know the percentages at other schools, but this looks way below average. Injuries, departures, failure to develop, whatever... I hope the new staff can improve this area. A 10% improvement would be significant when you consider just one guy can change the dynamics of either side. Coveted Virginia DE Jonathan Allen was 2nd in the SEC this yr in sacks and starts in front of D Hand. He might have had 30 sacks in the coastal this year. That's a stretch but 2nd in anything and any conference is pretty darn good.

Caleb was never able to crack the RB or WR above the third tier level. Looks like he has a lot of talent and may have made a good DB or LB but he chose to stay on O.

To me that makes no sense..why wouldn't you want to make the switch..If it means you get to play..
Can't disagree but Coach Beamer let the players decide. They weren't stuck either but they had to let the coaches know and he always opted for O. After a few years it becomes too late to move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT