ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
I read this morning that 75 teams won at least 6 games so 5 teams that won 5 games will be bowling. There are 40 bowl games, what do you guys think is that to many bowls? Should a team with a losing record be rewarded with a bowl trip? Just something to discuss.....

There are too many bowl games. a 5-7 team should not go bowling. Truth be known, I think maybe only 7-5 and above should go bowling.

I don't think it matters anymore. At one time in history going to a bowl was recognition of a great season. Then over the years that got diluted with all the bowls popping up everywhere and teams with 6-7 losses getting invited. But the playoffs have kind of fixed that, because the playoffs are the only post season games now with real meaning. Other bowls are meaningless in that sense so who really cares about them? The only significance is that if you can't make one of the 80 teams is that you've had a really bad year.

There should be absolutely no more than 40 teams playing in bowl games. It's absurd how many there are these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT