ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Foster

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:
Bad news maybe...
Well, Bud has always had alternatives but this year is more intense because of where we are as a FB program. I say it's no better than 50 -50. Expect to hear from the AD before Xmas.

This post was edited on 12/14 10:15 AM by leeanderthal

Foster is good but he's now not irreplaceble. Who knows, one of his understudies could even be better.

This post was edited on 12/14 7:09 PM by BigDaddyHokie

Your statement is ignorant

I did not call you ignorant. I called your statement ignorant. Fosters defenses at VT have averaged 14th in America in RECRUITING SINCE 2004. That is right, over the last decade, we have recruited ON DEFENSE...13-14TH best in America by average. Think about that and I ASK YOU...I am not telling you, but I ask you to shut your mouth before echoing and repeating the feel good emotional statements that are NOT fact based. The numbers say....Foster and Defensive recruiting is solid and regarding five star players....ALL STATES lose them to SEC schools and deep South schools.

Re: Your statement is ignorant

I have absolutely no idea if Bud would leave but I would think he would consider an offer like this with the uncertainties with FB's future.....still don't see Bud getting the HC job so this might be a viable option for him.

The stats don't lie but now maybe its time to change things up to shake things up. If Foster wants his chance then good luck to him.

Even A&M laid this to rest. Bud isn't going anywhere.

Originally posted by sknyluv:
Foster is Beamer's loyal lap dog. He's not going anywhere.
I agree with the "loyal" part, not the rest. He did negotiate the now-expiring annuity payment of $800K that was an immediate payment if Frank left and he was not made HC. I think he has been picky, where he found interest. He wasn't going to leave for a HC job that wasn't a division I school, and he wasn't going to leave for a lateral DC position when he was comfortable at VT. He has used interested schools as leverage with VT, which I respect him for. He should be comfortable for life financially by now, so he can afford to pick what he wants to do.

I would expect him to go the route he went before.....a substantial pay raise, with a financial sweetener should he get passed over for HC when Frank retires.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:

Even A&M laid this to rest. Bud isn't going anywhere.
Glad to hear that because I had not heard. The flight from college station to Noke had me sweating for real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT