ADVERTISEMENT

Call me Hoos21NC.....

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Another National Championship today for UVA with the Men's Soccor team beating UCLA!!!!

It means UVA won its 21st National Championship today with the soccor title.

LOL...got so excited I screwed up. I know most of you don't care about soccEr but Hoos won on penalty kicks after 2 OT's and still 0-0. They were the 16th seed so this was an upset win over the #1 seed Bruins.

I thought it was somekind of artificial sweetner formula reward or somthing. Congrats on the championship. Succor as I've come t know it is a very good sport.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
LOL...got so excited I screwed up. I know most of you don't care about soccEr but Hoos won on penalty kicks after 2 OT's and still 0-0. They were the 16th seed so this was an upset win over the #1 seed Bruins.
They won when they had to, but I'm still wondering how you can win an NCAA championship in soccer with a 14-6-3 record?

Nonetheless, congratulations!

I actually found myself pulling for the Hoos in this one. Not that I am a hoo fan, but they were playing a PAC 10 team, and I do not like PAC 10 teams.

Also it was good to see a #16 seed win it all.

Congrats,
we do pick on you a bit, most of which is deserved, but truth be told, we would love to have 21 at VT. To deny is to lie (my first and last attempt at sounding like Johnnie Cochran).

Thanks to all for the congrats and kind words.....VT will win one in something one day.

ok. all cleared up now. i thought the O was some sort of troll attempt which you don't normally do.

congrats on the title. glad someone in that state is winning something.

I'll call you Hoos70NC if you want. It's just as accurate as anything you currently claim.

Not sure I follow you hokiemtc? UVA has 21 NC's, pretty simple to research if you know how to use the Internet. These are the 21 that the NCAA recognizes, not counting the 9 others NC's in Tennis, Lacross and Track before they were NCAA sanctioned.

Congrats. Now your program as a whole has as many National Championships as Kentuckys cheerleaders alone have.

Just pulling your chain, 21. Just because the NCAA recognizes an obscure sport doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

actually the rest of the world does recognize soccer..
but in the usa, it's just a club sport that most of us stop playing around 12.

Originally posted by Blue Hefner:
Wasn't talking about soccer in particular, because I have actually heard of that sport. But some of his claimed 21 are dubious at best, and none of them are in the two major sports.

Also, to be clear, I'm not casting that stone too hard...even a dubious title is something VT can't claim in anything that doesn't involve fish.

Dubious? LMAO.....everyone of the 21 I claim is recognized by the NCAA so please explain to me which ones are "dubious"?
7 Soccer
8 Lacross
2 Cross Country
2 Rowing
1 Tennis
1 Boxing

9 more in sports before the NCAA recognized these sports:

6 Indoor Track
1 Lacross
1 Tennis

Maybe you confused the last 9 with "dubious" titles....

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
Originally posted by Blue Hefner:
Wasn't talking about soccer in particular, because I have actually heard of that sport. But some of his claimed 21 are dubious at best, and none of them are in the two major sports.

Also, to be clear, I'm not casting that stone too hard...even a dubious title is something VT can't claim in anything that doesn't involve fish.
If we had won the NCAA championship in soccor we would have caved in chests from all the beating thay would take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT