ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Division Race

Big victory! Congrats.

The Coastal is yours to win. I sure was pulling hard you'd stumble!

Best we can do is win out and tie you for 1st but obviously you'll go to the ACCCG.

Enjoy and Go Hokies.

VT is now firmly in control of division. We should win remaining 4 games. I think we can beat Clemson in ACC title game. I just hope Louisville doesn't sneak into playoffs if Clemson doesn't win ACC. Louise probably will not win their division in ACC. They are probably nation's most over rated team behind Michigan.
VT isn't going to beat Clemson or Louisville......just sayin.

Uh, I'm not sure what you're seeing from either of those teams to think they're unbeatable. Both would be favored against VT and rightfully so, but I think you're going to find Evans is good enough to give both of those defenses fits. I think either matchup would be a shootout, but certainly not in the bag for either team. Both Clemson and Louisville have looked amazing at times and so-so at others. Tech would have its work cut out, but you're selling them short if you think they have no real shot IMO.

NCSU's missed 16 yarder impressed the heck out you, huh? I think VT would match up against Clemson pretty well if we were to meet.

However, I would have to agree with you about Louisville. Lamar Jackson would be a very bad matchup for our erratic defense. If we had no hope of containing Syracuse's mobile QB, then Louisville's mobile QB would be a lot worse. Watson can run, too, but Clemson's offense isn't built around it the same way that Louisville's offense is.

Uh, I'm not sure what you're seeing from either of those teams to think they're unbeatable. Both would be favored against VT and rightfully so, but I think you're going to find Evans is good enough to give both of those defenses fits. I think either matchup would be a shootout, but certainly not in the bag for either team. Both Clemson and Louisville have looked amazing at times and so-so at others. Tech would have its work cut out, but you're selling them short if you think they have no real shot IMO.
VT's defense not good enough to stop either team.

I saw Clemson play someone earlier in season. Not the same Clemson that played Alabama for national championship last season.

But Louise had better be careful, UVA players are talking as if they can beat Louise today. Personally I think they will score 70 on the boo hoos.

But one good thing about this game, one team will lose, and it's always good to see Hoos or Louey get beat.

I saw Clemson play someone earlier in season. Not the same Clemson that played Alabama for national championship last season.

But Louise had better be careful, UVA players are talking as if they can beat Louise today. Personally I think they will score 70 on the boo hoos.

But one good thing about this game, one team will lose, and it's always good to see Hoos or Louey get beat.
Louisville wins by 30+....at a different level than any ACC school but Clemson.

Louisville wins by 30+....at a different level than any ACC school but Clemson.
UVa 10 Louisville 7 at halftime.

Read my lips here...there are NO great ACC teams this year. None. And there there sure as hell aren't any good enough that VT couldn't put together a good game and beat them.

If NC State can beat Clemson everywhere but on the scoreboard for an entire game and UVa can beat Louisville for at least a half, then VT can do the same thing, since VT is better than both of those other schools are this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN-Gamecock
Tough loss for the Hoos.

After today, I've totally changed my mind about how VT matches up with Louisville. This conference is VT's for the taking...we just need to go out and do it.

Tough loss for the Hoos.

After today, I've totally changed my mind about how VT matches up with Louisville. This conference is VT's for the taking...we just need to go out and do it.
Hoos don't have a dummy for a headcoach anymore. They actually have a good staff that is coaching them up. They are still not winning games but are getting more and more competitive every week. They will upset someone before the season ends.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
I LOVED UVa's call to go for the win with a minute left. College football is littered with teams who play it safe in that situation. I thought it might even pay off, but that last throw by Jackson with 0:13 left was about as clutch as you'll ever see.

VT's defense not good enough to stop either team.

They don't need to "stop" either offense -- just keep them within striking distance. No reason we can't do that with our offense being as good as it is. Also, if Duke and UVa can play Louisville tight, I don't see why we can't. Clemson has been good, but they're not blowing anyone good away, so I stand by my original statement. We'd likely lose to either team, but I don't think there's this huge gulf between us like you seem to be imagining.

Too much football left to be played.. We did lose to Syracuse so a stumble is always possible. Duke has broke our hearts quite a bit lately. GT is always a good game. Uva..lol well. I give you that but the other two can be tricky. I hope the kids use Syracuse and an example and play every every play of every game like we are playing Bama.. I really really want Clemson..

NC state should have beat Clemson. UVA could have beat Louisville. I think VT is better than any of those teams. Lousyville is still number 5 in polls after almost losing to a 2-6 team. That is hard to figure out.

NC state should have beat Clemson. UVA could have beat Louisville. I think VT is better than any of those teams. Lousyville is still number 5 in polls after almost losing to a 2-6 team. That is hard to figure out.
If my Gamecocks can do in Death Valley what NC State did, I give us a chance....

Please, please, please for the love of Goodness, win the rest your games!!!!!!!

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Ther isn't a team on our schedule that is not capable of beating us. Ther also is not one that we can't beat. There is no total domination here.
I also feel we can beat Clemson, or Louisville ,or not. With UL and Clemson they both have more talent and woud be favored but they can be beaten.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT