ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff Picture

pahokie77

Signee
Jan 7, 2008
There was a lot of talk on ESPN after Alabama and Miami lost this weekend. But no one will talk about the elephant in the room. How good is a system when there are certain teams from certain conferences that have no chance of making the playoff? I am talking about UCF. That team is 11-0 and if they beat Memphis will be 12-0 (their game against Ga Tech was cancelled). Yet they have no hope of making the playoffs. This is a rigged system. The system wants the "best 4 teams". So everyone knows this year the "best 4 teams" are Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Auburn. Doesn't really matter what the other conference teams do.

By the way, the playoff teams spots open are just 2. The winner of the ACC and SEC championships are in (the losers are out). If Oklahoma and Wisconsin win they are in. If either of those two teams lose then Alabama is in. If both teams lose then Alabama and OSU are both in (yes Oklahoma will have the same record as OSU and beat them during the regular season), but we need to get the "best 4 teams", which are Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Auburn.

My humble opinion is that given the fact that only 4 teams make the playoffs all 4 teams should be conference champions. If you want to take non-conference champion teams, the playoff should be expanded to include all conference champions and 2 other teams. Based on rankings the top 4 champion teams get a bye. The next 4 teams host a play in game at their home stadiums against the last 4 teams on December 9, 2017. Losers can go to other bowl games. Winners play in the major bowl games on NYD.

I also like diet Dr. Pepper!!!

The Committee will be crooked. that's only thing that's assured.

Best teams in country are Clemson, Auburn, Alabama and Georgia.

But committee will probably put Ohio State and probably Oklahoma in playoffs.

Conference championships from Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 don't carry a lot of weight because those conferences are weak.

I didn't mention Notre Dame. They should play every year for the Championship. They would be considered this year if they had not lost to Stanford. Tough to put a 3 loss team in. A 2 loss ND would be considered.

I predict within 2-3 years we will have an 8 team playoff. It only adds one more week to the season. It should be automatic bids to the P5 champs, one automatic bid to the top mid-major, and two at large. ND should earn their bid through the at larges, they should not be given an automatic bid for achieving a certain ranking given that they don’t have to play and win a conference championship game to get in. If they don’t like it let them join a frick’n conference like the rest of us. By now everyone should be sick of the CFB world bowing down to ND.

I predict within 2-3 years we will have an 8 team playoff. It only adds one more week to the season. It should be automatic bids to the P5 champs, one automatic bid to the top mid-major, and two at large. ND should earn their bid through the at larges, they should not be given an automatic bid for achieving a certain ranking given that they don’t have to play and win a conference championship game to get in. If they don’t like it let them join a frick’n conference like the rest of us. By now everyone should be sick of the CFB world bowing down to ND.
I agree that it should be 8 and the conference champions from the P5’s should be automatic qualifiers. 3 wild cards should cover the balance. And Bama should be banned every year as long as Satan is their coach.

I don't think it's a good idea to include conference champions automatically. Some years conference champions are not among the top teams in the country. This is one of those years. Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Miami are the 5 best teams in the nation.

I don't think it's a good idea to include conference champions automatically. Some years conference champions are not among the top teams in the country. This is one of those years. Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Miami are the 5 best teams in the nation.
Bama sucks....hope they have a nice TV to watch the NC game on.

As I look at possible Bowl game match-ups, it burns my butt that Notre Dame can "use" an ACC bowl slot in some Bowls. The ACC needs to divorce itself from Notre Dame completely. Everyone should have been taught a lesson back around 2001, when the Fiesta Bowl picked ND over VT for a BCS Bowl. ACC schools should refuse to play ND in any sport. ND should be booted out of ACC in baseball, basketball, softball and all other sports.

Speaking of bowls, I hope Virginia goes to the Detroit Bowl.

As I look at possible Bowl game match-ups, it burns my butt that Notre Dame can "use" an ACC bowl slot in some Bowls. The ACC needs to divorce itself from Notre Dame completely. Everyone should have been taught a lesson back around 2001, when the Fiesta Bowl picked ND over VT for a BCS Bowl. ACC schools should refuse to play ND in any sport. ND should be booted out of ACC in baseball, basketball, softball and all other sports.

Speaking of bowls, I hope Virginia goes to the Detroit Bowl.
We Bowling Baby!!!!!!

alabama is one of 4 best teams in country.
Absolutely!!!

Why play the regular season? Let's just have Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Auburn play for the NC.

My point is you should have to win to get in. At a minimum you should have to win your conference. I know that is not the current criteria. but it should be since only 4 teams vie for the NC.

For example, why have the NCAA Basketball field of 64+. Let's just go directly to the Final 4. Which should be Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and MSU. Everyone else can play in basketball bowls.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Absolutely!!!

Why play the regular season? Let's just have Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Auburn play for the NC.

My point is you should have to win to get in. At a minimum you should have to win your conference. I know that is not the current criteria. but it should be since only 4 teams vie for the NC.

For example, why have the NCAA Basketball field of 64+. Let's just go directly to the Final 4. Which should be Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and MSU. Everyone else can play in basketball bowls.

Alabama, Clemson, Auburn and another ACC school. Big 10, PAC 12 and Big 12 can do whatever.

Absolutely!!!

Well said.....go to 8 teams with P5 champions getting auto bid and 3 wildcards. I do believe Alabama should never get in, ND should always get their spot.....just sayin.

Miami is not one of the top 5 teams....they barely beat a UNC team that many Div 2 schools could beat, AND Pittsburgh...The tarheels beat Pitt and Pitt curbed stomped Miami....Please tell me how they are a top 5 team? over Wisconsin, Ohio State, my Gamecocks?

Miami is not one of the top 5 teams....they barely beat a UNC team that many Div 2 schools could beat, AND Pittsburgh...The tarheels beat Pitt and Pitt curbed stomped Miami....Please tell me how they are a top 5 team? over Wisconsin, Ohio State, my Gamecocks?
I liked you added the Gamecocks....I needed a laugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT