ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats UVA.

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
We've had some great come from behind wins this and in past years but this UVA win at Louisville is the best example of never giving up, ever.

Makes me more proud of our win in Hooville.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
That was awesome!!! We played like crap until the last 4:00 min. Proud of the heart and pride they showed down the stretch. You have to win games like this so you know you can in the dance.....wow.

That was awesome!!! We played like crap until the last 4:00 min. Proud of the heart and pride they showed down the stretch. You have to win games like this so you know you can in the dance.....wow.
That was awesome. Loved it. I freakin hate Louisville. And we needed UVa to beat them, bad.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
What a week in the ACC. VT beats Duke with a put back with 4.1 seconds left. Miami beats UNC with a buzzer beater. UVA beats Louisville with a desperation 3 with only 0.9 seconds left when the ball is passed in. Now VT needs to beat Miami and either UNC or Clemson lose and VT gets a double bye. Must beat Miami!!!

Reactions: TECHHOO?
Wow. Can't even imagine us talking about double byes. How things have changed. I hope with all the coaching changes that we keep Buzz and keep the flow going in the right direction. We won't be world beaters anytime soon if ever but at least we can become significant.

It’s been a wild year in the ACC....outside of UVA’s run the conference is very equal with the exception of 2-3 teams. Any win has been a good win this year, only a couple of gimmes. The ACC tournament will be wild, I have no clue who will win.....I believe UVA, Duke, UNCheat, VT, Miami, NC St. Clemson, Louisville all could get hot and win the tournament. Match ups will be important and getting hot will decide the winner. I believe the ACC has more quality teams by far than any other power 5 conference......the tournament will be a blast.

Pretty much agree, although its most likely to be one of the teams with the double byes. As hard as these teams go at each other I look for tired legs to factor into the outcome.

Cungrats HooootyyHooo for getting sold. My times r dun with ya. U paid ur debit an kneed down enuff. Im sellin ya in da yard for 2 px of smokes

What a week in the ACC. VT beats Duke with a put back with 4.1 seconds left. Miami beats UNC with a buzzer beater. UVA beats Louisville with a desperation 3 with only 0.9 seconds left when the ball is passed in. Now VT needs to beat Miami and either UNC or Clemson lose and VT gets a double bye. Must beat Miami!!!
Ok no one is talking about the Miami lost. We lost on a questionable call that gave Miami a chance to win with 3 seconds left. I do not think that was a foul on Robinson (but I haven't seen a replay). So Miami hits the first shot and VT throws up a desperation 3. Game over. If VT had won they would have finished as the third seed in the ACC. Instead they are the seventh seed. I do not think anyone understands what a big difference that makes for VT both in the ACC and NCAA tournament. I think VT will lose to ND in the ACC quarter finals and be a 10 seed in the NCAA. If VT had won against Miami they would be a 7 seed in the NCAA (regardless of the ACC results). VT needs to win a couple of ACC tournament games to get to a 7 seed (don't see that happening).

My prediction is that VT will not win another game this year.

We just lost a heartbreaker and a third seed by one point on a questionable call by an official, to a team that’s good enough to win it all.

That’s how close we are, in a conference of a lot of very good teams, of which we are one of them.

At this juncture I’m not making any predictions. We may very well not win another game, but we’re too good of a team for me to predict it.

Ok no one is talking about the Miami lost. We lost on a questionable call that gave Miami a chance to win with 3 seconds left. I do not think that was a foul on Robinson (but I haven't seen a replay). So Miami hits the first shot and VT throws up a desperation 3. Game over. If VT had won they would have finished as the third seed in the ACC. Instead they are the seventh seed. I do not think anyone understands what a big difference that makes for VT both in the ACC and NCAA tournament. I think VT will lose to ND in the ACC quarter finals and be a 10 seed in the NCAA. If VT had won against Miami they would be a 7 seed in the NCAA (regardless of the ACC results). VT needs to win a couple of ACC tournament games to get to a 7 seed (don't see that happening).

My prediction is that VT will not win another game this year.
All I can say is Notre Dame is a different team with Bonzie.....I believe they would be a double bye team if he had been healthy.

ND has to play the night before, and they only play about 6-7 players. We need to try to turn thatgame into a track meet and try to make sure they have tired legs in the second half. Got to get defensive boards and keep TOs low. On defense we’ll pack the middle like we do everybody else, and hope they are too tired to make a good percentage of 3s.

It will be tough. I suspect the conference office wants ND in the dance, and a game called that reflects that. ND is probably the overall worst first round draw.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I assure you that ACC wants Notre Dame in dance. and if truth be known NCAA wants them in also. ND gets too much favoritism that they do not deserve. They are still reaping benefits for "winning one for the Gipper" years ago. The ACC should have never acknowledged Notre Dame exists. Should not have never started "sleeping with them" in every sport.

I assure you that ACC wants Notre Dame in dance. and if truth be known NCAA wants them in also. ND gets too much favoritism that they do not deserve. They are still reaping benefits for "winning one for the Gipper" years ago. The ACC should have never acknowledged Notre Dame exists. Should not have never started "sleeping with them" in every sport.
I agree. I root against ND and UNC in all ACC sports/games. Both for the perceived attitude that "we are better than you and our $%%# don't stink". They continue to get preferential treatment from the NCAA. "All animals are equal, except some animals are more equal than others."

I disagree. The ACC is even more interesting with ND in all sports but football. And I like the heavy ACC schedule they have to pick up. That allows us to beat them on a national stage like we did. I hope we grind ND down to a average power over the years.

I recall I was at ACC baseball tournament in Durham several years ago, just seeing ND walk into the stadium made me want to leave. They do not belong in ACC in any sport, along with Louisville, Syracuse or Pittsburgh.

I recall I was at ACC baseball tournament in Durham several years ago, just seeing ND walk into the stadium made me want to leave. They do not belong in ACC in any sport, along with Louisville, Syracuse or Pittsburgh.
I like having Notre Dame in the conference....quality program in all sports and a good academic institution. Louisville is another story, a crap addition to the conference.

I disagree. The ACC is even more interesting with ND in all sports but football. And I like the heavy ACC schedule they have to pick up. That allows us to beat them on a national stage like we did. I hope we grind ND down to a average power over the years.
I think they are already an average power. At least that is what the record shows for the last 5 years (32-23).

Reactions: LakeErieHokie
The refs ran to NDs rescue and the team let it get to them. Hard to play 8 on 5 for that long of a stretch. Just have to get ready for the NCAA and hope for an opponent we can get a fair game called.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
The refs ran to NDs rescue and the team let it get to them. Hard to play 8 on 5 for that long of a stretch. Just have to get ready for the NCAA and hope for an opponent we can get a fair game called.
Refs didn’t miss all those shots in the 2nd half.

Bad offense, bad defense, bad coaching, bad refs

When that happens, you do not win. I believe every game so far in ACC tournament has resulted in an upset. Hopefully the trend will continue when Louseyville plays Boo hoos.

Bad offense, bad defense, bad coaching, bad refs

When that happens, you do not win. I believe every game so far in ACC tournament has resulted in an upset. Hopefully the trend will continue when Louseyville plays Boo hoos.
Only 3 upsets out of 7 games.....internet is a great thing if you use it.

I see Boo hoos are leading Louisville 33-19. I thought Louisville would play better. Hopefully they can mount a comeback in 2nd half.

Louisville did not play well today. I believe they did cut lead to 8 with about 8 minutes to go.
Who gives a crap what they cut the lead to? They got their cheating butts beat by the Hoos....for the 3rd time this year and 7 out of the last 8. Obviously Loserville doesn’t understand the Pack Line.

Who gives a crap what they cut the lead to? They got their cheating butts beat by the Hoos....for the 3rd time this year and 7 out of the last 8. Obviously Loserville doesn’t understand the Pack Line.

I don't know. I like Tony Bennett and I respect the effort that he gets out of his players, none of whom are McDonald's All Americans. Beating them was the highlight of Tech's season and I wish the Hoos success against against everyone else.
Having said that, the Hokies dropped a bomb last night against an inferior team in the 2nd half. Its inexplicable but it happened and no one is happy about it. So this is probably not the right time or place to be blowing the Horn for the Hoos.

Ha ha, when has Hoo19 ever worried about it being the right time to blow his horn for the hoos?

I’m not sure I’d call ND or many other ACC teams inferior, with our propensity for losing focus and blowing big leads. We are going to be a hell of a team when we learn how to play with a lead. But right now we’re having trouble playing for 40 minutes straight.

Hoo19 congrats on your good win today. I think Louisville is overdue for an opportunity to have their paid players compete in an NIT. I sure hope the committee sends them there.

Reactions: TECHHOO?
I don't know. I like Tony Bennett and I respect the effort that he gets out of his players, none of whom are McDonald's All Americans. Beating them was the highlight of Tech's season and I wish the Hoos success against against everyone else.
Having said that, the Hokies dropped a bomb last night against an inferior team in the 2nd half. Its inexplicable but it happened and no one is happy about it. So this is probably not the right time or place to be blowing the Horn for the Hoos.
My comments were concerning the Louisville game and HR’s post.....had nothing to do with future games. This is the best conference in basketball (don’t care that the press loves Big 12) and outside of the bottom 3 anyone can beat anyone on a given night. I’m hoping Hoos beat Clemson and Duke and UNCheat play 4 overtime’s and then the floor opens up and swalllows both teams.

Ha ha, when has Hoo19 ever worried about it being the right time to blow his horn for the hoos?

I’m not sure I’d call ND or many other ACC teams inferior, with our propensity for losing focus and blowing big leads. We are going to be a hell of a team when we learn how to play with a lead. But right now we’re having trouble playing for 40 minutes straight.

Hoo19 congrats on your good win today. I think Louisville is overdue for an opportunity to have their paid players compete in an NIT. I sure hope the committee sends them there.
VT is a team you don’t want to see in your bracket....you never know which VT team will show up. Thanks for the congrats on beating Louisville, never liked this program and enjoy every win over them. The Hoos had not played well since beating Duke IMO but were finding ways to win. Yesterday they looked like the Hoos of mid season, hoping that’s the team I see going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT