ADVERTISEMENT

COST OF ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT campaigns- Make It or Break it time,,,,,,

vtdiehard

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
Definitely not a one time proposition........ will be an annual anti up. campaign....

Will VT make it year end - year out over the next 5 - 10 years? longer? Will this effect Beamer's retirement timing?

WIll small schools like Duke & Wake be able to fund fball team rosters of 60-70 guys as VT does?

There have media reports that this will only leave super powers left , that smaller schools with smaller alum bases will drop in classification or drop sports (particularly fball - the money maker & budget breaker)

...the beginning of the end for many programs?

What do you think or expect will happen.?????????

My assessment--------- I think VT will try to comply with the funding and will have success for the first 5 -10 years.... But I feel the landscape of other programs without the revenue streams of the big 5 conferences....will drop in level.....will try to give up smaller sports(non revenues sports) and because of Title 9 (equal funding of women's sports vs mens sports) - womens sports will be totally funded because of such large football (70-90) scholarship rosters. I could see programs cutting back the number of scholies in football.

If you follow economic news reports.....US taxpayers salaries are stagnant. Salaries being cut back---many people struggling to get by. College expenses rising. I think people will try to roll with if for few years but will opt for staying home & watching it on tv (as long as that lasts)..

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.