ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd took up for the NCAA today

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
Cowherd may be the sharpest nationally syndicated radio personality in the country. I have always enjoyed listening to this guy. He reminds me much of.....me.

The NCAA has contemplated possibly altering the seeding or location of some teams to get good matchups and even possible rivals playing against each other in the NCAA tournament. The reason for this is revenue and of course, bringing interest and viewers in. With the above written, he was talking about seeding within the realm of reason. For example, a team that may have been a 4 seed could be made a 3 seed in order to get a rivalry or geographical matchup in round two, or a team that may have deserved a 6/seed getting a 7 seed in order to have a somewhat rival game in a close lo ation to both schools, etc. We aren't talking about making a team that deserves a one seed and making them a 3/seed to help round two get a rival game. Common sense is in the equation.

Some of the initial mentally retarded responses by some were the usual knee jerk-robotic, yet emotional led responses blasting the NCAA and of course, the usual boneheaded statement like, "the NCAA sucks and shouldn't be allowed to do that, and they mesz everything up." Of course, many say something like this because it's fashionable today to slam the NCAA, and most sheep simply follow the leader and respond with emotion over rational thought.

Cowherd was spot on and took up for the NCAA. His argument was.....the NCAA are the ones paying for nearly everything in the tournament to include hotels, flights, food, etc. They make more on the NCAA tournament than they do all season long in college hoops up until the NCAA Tournament. Sure, they are making big money, but they are also paying for everything. Cowherd used the analogy of a large wedding. If a father is paying for 100 people to fly in, to include hotels, dresses, and food, etc., for his daughters wedding, should he not have the right to decide the seating arrangements, or who is staying at what hotel, or what the food type at the reception will be? After all, he is paying for it. Of course he has this right. The same goes for the NCAA.

It's a great idea and is somewhat creative in thinking. For example, if Gonzaga is moved to a 2 seed in the West instead of a possibly deserved 1 seed and St Mary's is deserving of an 11 seed, but they are made a 10 seed thus increasing the chances of these two Rivals to play in...for example, Portland, Oregon which is kind of half way from both schools, then by all means....go for it. The seedings in the dance have lots of subjectivity anyway.

Another example...if UVA is deserving of 6 seed, but is made a 5 seed in order to play a VCU team that is deserving of an 11 seed, but is made an 12 in order for the two teams to meet in ...for example, Wadhington, DC, then go for it. I love the idea of this and would like to see the NCAA do more of this stuff.

Only my opinions....not sure there is a right or wrong here. I just love how Cowherd uses his brain and thinks. He's not always right about things like I am, but I love his innovative constructs or schema of rational thought.

Reactions: kcwashing1
I don't like none of that proposal. There's enough favoring happening now. No need to give out anymore.

Cowherd may be the sharpest nationally syndicated radio personality in the country. I have always enjoyed listening to this guy. He reminds me much of.....me.

The NCAA has contemplated possibly altering the seeding or location of some teams to get good matchups and even possible rivals playing against each other in the NCAA tournament. The reason for this is revenue and of course, bringing interest and viewers in. With the above written, he was talking about seeding within the realm of reason. For example, a team that may have been a 4 seed could be made a 3 seed in order to get a rivalry or geographical matchup in round two, or a team that may have deserved a 6/seed getting a 7 seed in order to have a somewhat rival game in a close lo ation to both schools, etc. We aren't talking about making a team that deserves a one seed and making them a 3/seed to help round two get a rival game. Common sense is in the equation.

Some of the initial mentally retarded responses by some were the usual knee jerk-robotic, yet emotional led responses blasting the NCAA and of course, the usual boneheaded statement like, "the NCAA sucks and shouldn't be allowed to do that, and they mesz everything up." Of course, many say something like this because it's fashionable today to slam the NCAA, and most sheep simply follow the leader and respond with emotion over rational thought.

Cowherd was spot on and took up for the NCAA. His argument was.....the NCAA are the ones paying for nearly everything in the tournament to include hotels, flights, food, etc. They make more on the NCAA tournament than they do all season long in college hoops up until the NCAA Tournament. Sure, they are making big money, but they are also paying for everything. Cowherd used the analogy of a large wedding. If a father is paying for 100 people to fly in, to include hotels, dresses, and food, etc., for his daughters wedding, should he not have the right to decide the seating arrangements, or who is staying at what hotel, or what the food type at the reception will be? After all, he is paying for it. Of course he has this right. The same goes for the NCAA.

It's a great idea and is somewhat creative in thinking. For example, if Gonzaga is moved to a 2 seed in the West instead of a possibly deserved 1 seed and St Mary's is deserving of an 11 seed, but they are made a 10 seed thus increasing the chances of these two Rivals to play in...for example, Portland, Oregon which is kind of half way from both schools, then by all means....go for it. The seedings in the dance have lots of subjectivity anyway.

Another example...if UVA is deserving of 6 seed, but is made a 5 seed in order to play a VCU team that is deserving of an 11 seed, but is made an 12 in order for the two teams to meet in ...for example, Wadhington, DC, then go for it. I love the idea of this and would like to see the NCAA do more of this stuff.

Only my opinions....not sure there is a right or wrong here. I just love how Cowherd uses his brain and thinks. He's not always right about things like I am, but I love his innovative constructs or schema of rational thought.
CowTerd is the worst sports analyst out there.....I can't remember anything he's ever said that I would agree with. And taking up for the NCAA on anything shows just how ignorant he really is.

Reactions: B1dee and VT4700
The NCAA approach is one step away from a team not making the tourney because they don't have a good rival in it or because some other team does. Bad, bad, bad. In the scheme of things, who wants to see Indiana play Purdue, or USC play UCLA for a ninth time in the season? If UVA and VCU is a good money maker let the teams do it on their own. The NCAA does not make good decisions, let me count the ways.

Reactions: VT4700
The NCAA approach is one step away from a team not making the tourney because they don't have a good rival in it or because some other team does. Bad, bad, bad. In the scheme of things, who wants to see Indiana play Purdue, or USC play UCLA for a ninth time in the season? If UVA and VCU is a good money maker let the teams do it on their own. The NCAA does not make good decisions, let me count the ways.
That would be very bad. If they do this then hopefully they pick all the most deserving teams first and then do their mixing and matching. Unfortunately we would never know if they did or didn't push teams out just for that reason, so put me down as a nay vote too.

Reactions: VT4700
I agree with Cowherd (rare) and Lucastookis (even rarer) and think the idea has merit. It's something I'd like to see. The Tournament is never about the top 65 or so teams anyway. Normally a team in the top 20 will win the thing. Why not make it even more entertaining and intriguing? As long as the 68 teams are chosen first, then the top 16 seeds are laid out, go on and make the rest of it about producing intriguing matchups. I understand some coaches jobs may depend on making it to the Dance, but that's become inherent in the two NCAA money makers of football and basketball. That appears to be accepted so I say game on with better matchups and intriguing rivalries.

Cowherd is a smart guy, but, he thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He sees himself as the proverbial Renaissance man. Maybe there is some merit to his latest idea but it will never fly for numerous reasons that I won't take the time to go into. The wedding analogy is a good one, but I would throw away the invitation if the dad stuck me in an Econo Lodge!

Cowherd is a smart guy, but, he thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He sees himself as the proverbial Renaissance man. Maybe there is some merit to his latest idea but it will never fly for numerous reasons that I won't take the time to go into. The wedding analogy is a good one, but I would throw away the invitation if the dad stuck me in an Econo Lodge!

You aren't in the Econo Lodge, you are in the Hilton or Ritz C., like everyone else, but the dad decides what room you stay in.

The approach is a great one. Cowherd did talk about the most deserving teams making it in, then making for some intriguing matchups. Intriguing doesnt have to be UNC vs Duke again or Induan and Purdue again. Intriguing is something like I mentioned, VCU and UVA, VT vs Radford, Winthrop vs USCe, or similar type games.

CowTerd is the worst sports analyst out there.....I can't remember anything he's ever said that I would agree with. And taking up for the NCAA on anything shows just how ignorant he really is.

Your post should follow with......"in your opinion." Of course a UVA fan would hate Cowherd. He's been tougher on UVA than any other school in America over the last 15 or so years. He has talked about UVA being VTs "bitc%" and that VT just usually "throatpunches" UVA. He openly roots against UVA. The reasons for this according to Cowherd come down to one belief of his and that is..."UVA has far to many men on campus that laugh at their own masculinity in the face of facing fierce competition." LOL, not my opinion or words either.

Your post should follow with......"in your opinion." Of course a UVA fan would hate Cowherd. He's been tougher on UVA than any other school in America over the last 15 or so years. He has talked about UVA being VTs "bitc%" and that VT just usually "throatpunches" UVA. He openly roots against UVA. The reasons for this according to Cowherd come down to one belief of his and that is..."UVA has far to many men on campus that laugh at their own masculinity in the face of facing fierce competition." LOL, not my opinion or words either.
Let me tell you again.....he is a CowTerd. Figures you would like the douche.

I think somebody is upset that he simpy has called out UVA for what it is over ten years ago, and he has never deviated. I think he is likely a big favorite among many Tech fans. I like his approach. The ole, "VT throat punches and annually seems to curbstomp UVA" on the gridiron was one of my personal favorites.

Another one he stated was, "even in the midst of a bad season for VT, you still know that Virginia is last on the schedule and what does anyone do when they are down and out, and in need of a lift up, they shi$kick UVA. Yep, whenever you are down and out, just remember that Virginia is always there to help you out."

The stuff above is classic Cowherd.

You aren't in the Econo Lodge, you are in the Hilton or Ritz C., like everyone else, but the dad decides what room you stay in.

The approach is a great one. Cowherd did talk about the most deserving teams making it in, then making for some intriguing matchups. Intriguing doesnt have to be UNC vs Duke again or Induan and Purdue again. Intriguing is something like I mentioned, VCU and UVA, VT vs Radford, Winthrop vs USCe, or similar type games.

What is intriguing about VT/Radford? Is playing Radford somehow supposed to make me more excited about being in the tourney? And, my guess would be a VCU match up would not excite Hoos19 anymore than playing any other team.

And, I cannot see how any of this would excite the rest of the country. If cowterd's idea is to get more viewers, how would a VT/Radford match up generate any interest outside of a small section of the country in southwest Va.?

As far as attendance is concerned, there are 8 opening round tourney sites. The NCAA is already able to place teams geographically when possible by using a pod system for their brackets.

The tourney is doing just fine. I think a multi billion dollar contract (1.1 billion each year thru 2032) with cbs and Turner speaks volumes. Seed the teams where they deserve to be seeded and go play basketball. As for cowterd, let me know when he says anything relevant.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
I think somebody is upset that he simpy has called out UVA for what it is over ten years ago, and he has never deviated. I think he is likely a big favorite among many Tech fans. I like his approach. The ole, "VT throat punches and annually seems to curbstomp UVA" on the gridiron was one of my personal favorites.

Another one he stated was, "even in the midst of a bad season for VT, you still know that Virginia is last on the schedule and what does anyone do when they are down and out, and in need of a lift up, they shi$kick UVA. Yep, whenever you are down and out, just remember that Virginia is always there to help you out."

The stuff above is classic Cowherd.
I'm surprised you like him...he enjoys talking about VT having zero NC's in any sport. But I guess you missed those days LOL.

What is intriguing about VT/Radford? Is playing Radford somehow supposed to make me more excited about being in the tourney? And, my guess would be a VCU match up would not excite Hoos19 anymore than playing any other team.

And, I cannot see how any of this would excite the rest of the country. If cowterd's idea is to get more viewers, how would a VT/Radford match up generate any interest outside of a small section of the country in southwest Va.?

As far as attendance is concerned, there are 8 opening round tourney sites. The NCAA is already able to place teams geographically when possible by using a pod system for their brackets.

The tourney is doing just fine. I think a multi billion dollar contract (1.1 billion each year thru 2032) with cbs and Turner speaks volumes. Seed the teams where they deserve to be seeded and go play basketball. As for cowterd, let me know when he says anything relevant.

Nobody ever wrote or said the NCAA tourney wasn't doing fine. Also, VCU could possibly beat UVA and the intrigue rests in all NCAA tournament games. Fans watch from start to finish, so for example, if you have a decent TN team that could make the tournament and an ETSU that were to win it's conference, the game is no different nationally than TN vs Rice or UMASS. After 1 year of a team like ETSU upsetting a TN, the NCAA tourney becomes even more of a hit.

As for VT and Radford. Don't be so concrete. I merely gave examples. Clearly, Radford would need to be a good team on a given year. Fact is, the NCAA could make the matchups more intriguing than they are now. Use whatever examples you wish to define intriguing.

Cowherd has a show. You don't. I would argue he's relavent enough to have a national audience.

I'm surprised you like him...he enjoys talking about VT having zero NC's in any sport. But I guess you missed those days LOL.

There are 2 sports. Football and basketball. UVA excels in the tranny-like sports which gets back to why Cowherd talks about your school being throat punched, man slapped, or curb stomped for a reason. And really is it your school? You never stepped foot on a UVA campus as a student. I have accused you of this perhaps 4 times and you have yet to deny it. That makes the situation even "more stupid." Lol

Last edited:
NCAA should never intentionally match up 2 teams. For any given reason. Other than 2 who met in regular season.

There are 2 sports. Football and basketball. UVA excels in the tranny-like sports which gets back to why Cowherd talks about your school being throat punches, man slapped, or curb stomped for a reason.
24-0 Lucas......deal with it. And if your school ever wins one, let's say in wrestling, don't want to hear a word from you. Claiming there is only 2 sports shows your lack of sports knowledge. I'm sure you would have said there are 3 sports but that would have meant you would have to acknowledge UVA's Baseball Title.....don't worry about it Lucas, it's only America's pastime. LMAO.....

Reference college baseball, I have never understood why it isn't more popular. Probably only sport where a mid major can win national championship. (see Coastal Carolina). Plus a team can look bad in conference tournament, yet come back and win it all. If my memory is correct, UVA was terrible in 2015 ACC tournament, yet they won CWS a couple weeks later.

Two sports. Hoops and Football. UVA has 26 titles in tranny like sports and for the very reason you attempt to argue titles with girly man sports, it makes those like Cowherd make the statements he does about UVA. I give you the baseball title. We can argue 3 sports that matter. But, "America's Pasttime." Dude, it's 2017. Lol. Let me guess, you still listen to Big Bang Music and keep up with how close the FBI is on capturing Bonny and Clyde, or George "Baby face Nelson." LMAO.

I also went to UT. Do you wish to compare all titles with Texas and UVA? I don't, because girly men and UT aren't common, but at UVA, it's common.

However, since you insist on titles in girly men sports, Old Dominion has two more than UVA. Just saying.....

Reference college baseball, I have never understood why it isn't more popular.
Because it's God-awful, ridiculously, painfully boring, and Gen Y has an attention span that lasts all of about 10 minutes, even when there's actually stuff happening.

Baseball had a nice little run over the last hundred years, but its place as a legitimate sport that people under the age of 35 actually want to watch ended quite some time ago. Baseball is done, and its forever...you can stick a fork in it. Once the Baby Boomers and Gen X finish dying out, there will be no one left to watch it.

Because it's God-awful, ridiculously, painfully boring, and Gen Y has an attention span that lasts all of about 10 minutes, even when there's actually stuff happening.

Baseball had a nice little run over the last hundred years, but its place as a legitimate sport that people under the age of 35 actually want to watch ended quite some time ago. Baseball is done, and its forever...you can stick a fork in it. Once the Baby Boomers and Gen X finish dying out, there will be no one left to watch it.
Really.....guess that's why MLB charges a boat load for a ticket and ballparks are close to full more than not. You may not like baseball but plenty of people still do.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I believe if the Media would give college baseball (and softball) more coverage, it would be more popular.

Two sports. Hoops and Football. UVA has 26 titles in tranny like sports and for the very reason you attempt to argue titles with girly man sports, it makes those like Cowherd make the statements he does about UVA. I give you the baseball title. We can argue 3 sports that matter. But, "America's Pasttime." Dude, it's 2017. Lol. Let me guess, you still listen to Big Bang Music and keep up with how close the FBI is on capturing Bonny and Clyde, or George "Baby face Nelson." LMAO.

I also went to UT. Do you wish to compare all titles with Texas and UVA? I don't, because girly men and UT aren't common, but at UVA, it's common.

However, since you insist on titles in girly men sports, Old Dominion has two more than UVA. Just saying.....
Congrats to Texas for all their NC's and my daughter went to ODU so I don't have any issues with their titles either. Why in the world do you think VT has any sports besides Football and Basketball? Maybe you can convince them to drop all those tranny sports....your ignorance isn't worthy of a discussion. There are so many great athletes playing those "tranny" "girlie" sports that obviously you can't appreciate. I guess your mind is so small that you believe if VT isn't good enough to win a NC in a sport it's not really a sport.....guess you should drop football and basketball as well, last I checked you have no titles in those either. I feel sorry for your inability to appreciate athletes of all these great sports.

Congrats to Texas for all their NC's and my daughter went to ODU so I don't have any issues with their titles either. Why in the world do you think VT has any sports besides Football and Basketball? Maybe you can convince them to drop all those tranny sports....your ignorance isn't worthy of a discussion. There are so many great athletes playing those "tranny" "girlie" sports that obviously you can't appreciate. I guess your mind is so small that you believe if VT isn't good enough to win a NC in a sport it's not really a sport.....guess you should drop football and basketball as well, last I checked you have no titles in those either. I feel sorry for your inability to appreciate athletes of all these great sports.

Thanks for clearing it up Hooman for the U. of Texas. I had no clue as to whether the University of Texas had official titles and I was scared to death as to its final approval through a Hooman. Thanks Hooman for "not having issues" with the national titles of Texas. I guess it's official now, lol. Narcissism is a serious disease bro (or gal). Look it up. I couldn't care less where your daughter went to school (no offense, just sayin, and rightfully so, you should feel the same). I love the old word "tranny" soon followed by the word "ignorance." LMAO, as if you and I were even close to the same level of education and IQ, yet that UVA mindset and training of yours still gives you that "1 of 5 things learned" at ole UVA which is....."if you disagree with em, call em ignorant." LMAO. What a tool you are. I eluded to this earlier, and that is, there are 2 sports, maybe 3 if we count baseball in what the nation considers relevant; however, there is that small portion that is in your camp. Those in that camp are the ones of which are "throat punched, curb stomped, or made to be bitc^%s." There is a reason Cowherd is popular dude. It's people like you who give him a worthy platform.

Carry on and yes, you are welcome

Really.....guess that's why MLB charges a boat load for a ticket and ballparks are close to full more than not. You may not like baseball but plenty of people still do.
Hmmm...what ball parks are full? I actually used to attend MLB games back 15-20 years ago, and I caught several games at Camden Yards to watch Cal Ripkin Jr in the early 90s (Orioles), three games in St Louis while Mark McGuire was still wearing red (Cardinals) and one in the Minneapolis Metrodome to watch Kirby Puckett (Twins), and nearly every last one of those games might as well have been played in a ghost town. And that was 20 years ago. Out of those 10 or so games, I'm guessing that only one of them had the stands more than a quarter full (watching McGuire chase the home run record), and the Metrodome was so empty you could hear people talking in the dugout while sitting in the upper deck.

So either baseball has seen an epic skyrocketing in popularity since then, or I think you might be exaggerating things a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing it up Hooman for the U. of Texas. I had no clue as to whether the University of Texas had official titles and I was scared to death as to its final approval through a Hooman. Thanks Hooman for "not having issues" with the national titles of Texas. I guess it's official now, lol. Narcissism is a serious disease bro (or gal). Look it up. I couldn't care less where your daughter went to school (no offense, just sayin, and rightfully so, you should feel the same). I love the old word "tranny" soon followed by the word "ignorance." LMAO, as if you and I were even close to the same level of education and IQ, yet that UVA mindset and training of yours still gives you that "1 of 5 things learned" at ole UVA which is....."if you disagree with em, call em ignorant." LMAO. What a tool you are. I eluded to this earlier, and that is, there are 2 sports, maybe 3 if we count baseball in what the nation considers relevant; however, there is that small portion that is in your camp. Those in that camp are the ones of which are "throat punched, curb stomped, or made to be bitc^%s." There is a reason Cowherd is popular dude. It's people like you who give him a worthy platform.

Carry on and yes, you are welcome
Nice job saying a lot of nothing.....not sure why I'm surprised, you never really say anything. I love the education reference, let's see.....Williams undergrad/UVA post grad...versus....Texas/ VT.....LMAO. Dudes like you couldn't get into either school I attended, yours were nice fall back schools for me. I Win every time my lil buddy...

Last edited:
Nice job saying a lot of nothing.....not sure why I'm surprised, you never really say anything. I love the education reference, let's see.....Williams undergrad/UVA post grad...versus....Texas/ VT.....LMAO. Dudes like you couldn't get into either school I attended, yours were nice fall back schools for me. I Win every time my lil buddy...

LMAO, you see, it's that short-sighted classic girly man like attitude that gets you in trouble. If you would have been on the board long enough, you would know I also attended and graduated at Dartmouth with a PhD. A degree in which you do not have. As for Williams as in Williams College in Massasocialist? LMAO. Go figure. You see, in academia, it's well understand that small liberal arts colleges are simply "code" for, "we don't really teach anything meaningful." LOL. Isn't that the girly-man school that has a purple cow as a mascot? LOL. Go figure. As usual, you are a Hoo who comes up a little short. That's just who you are, a Hoo. I love watching your fans in the fall when you are getting "curb stomped" on the gridiron. Incredibly, it happens seemingly all of the time, and each and every time, your fans seemed "shocked." LOL. That is the real beauty of the whole thing. Like I wrote earlier, if VT were to have a tough loss, just turn it over to UVA and have a look at them who will regularly give an incredibly poor performance in the form of curb-stomped, and every one can feel better about themselves. Hoos19NC, the world and people like me need people like you. We can always have a leg up and feel better about ourselves on a bad day by knowing there are still "Hoo people" like you out there. With that written.........Thanks

Last edited:
LMAO, you see, it's that short-sighted classic girly man like attitude that gets you in trouble. If you would have been on the board long enough, you would know I also attended and graduated at Dartmouth with a PhD. A degree in which you do not have. As for Williams as in Williams College in Massasocialist? LMAO. Go figure. You see, in academia, it's well understand that small liberal arts colleges are simply "code" for, "we don't really teach anything meaningful." LOL. Isn't that the girly-man school that has a purple cow as a mascot? LOL. Go figure. As usual, you are a Hoo who comes up a little short. That's just who you are, a Hoo. I love watching your fans in the fall when you are getting "curb stomped" on the gridiron. Incredibly, it happens seemingly all of the time, and each and every time, your fans seemed "shocked." LOL. That is the real beauty of the whole thing. Like I wrote earlier, if VT were to have a tough loss, just turn it over to UVA and have a look at them who will regularly give an incredibly poor performance in the form of curb-stomped, and every one can feel better about themselves. Hoos19NC, the world and people like me need people like you. We can always have a leg up and feel better about ourselves on a bad day by knowing there are still "Hoo people" like you out there. With that written.........Thanks
LMAO.....all you ever talk about is "curb stomping" us in the fall. I guess I understand since you get to watch UVA "curb stomp" VT in everything else. Ever heard of the Commenwealth Clash.....how about UVA winning the Capital One Cup....probably not because people with a brain the size of a pea don't follow all sports only the "one" you are good at. 24-0 lucus.....just suck on that one for awhile. Let me teach you a little something about Williams....14 years in a row the #1 Liberal Arts School in America. It is one of the Top Economic schools anywhere, just happens to be my major with any undergrad in mathematics and business. But again how could you know any of this while sitting in the stands at Lane Stadium wondering why there's no game in June. I'm sorry about Dartmouth, I know it hurt when you couldn't get in at Harvard or Yale, you do know the rest of the Ivy League is the equivalent of UVA or at least some of them are that good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT