ADVERTISEMENT

Curious what the Hokie faithful think

The VT ranking sounds totally reasonable to me. If you're a blue blood, then changing coaches instantly means you return to title contender status. If you're not a blue blood, then changing coaches means you'll spend a few years rebuilding and will disappear for a while.

It's a stupid double standard in the media, but we're used to things like that.

Just win, and all things will take of itself. If we end up being better than we were last year, then we'll be a fringe top 25 type team. If we're worse than we were last year, then 57 will probably be too high. We'll see soon enough.

I think it's about is irrelevant as LSU being ranked 5th, Oklahoma being ranked 3rd or UT being ranked 9th.
Preseason rankings are a pundits best guess with little to no information to go on.

UT has lots of talent, but we are better than App State I assure you.

One man's opinion, doesn't mean a lot.

Hell he has us #22 and Georgia as #24, didn't work out so well for us Saturday now did it.

The ONLY thing you can take from the past weekend is that the SEC is vastly over rated. I would love to see VT stomp a mud hole in some UT hiney.

You have to prove it on the field, we didn't get it done last week and now have to prove what kind of team we'll have this season. So far the Vols haven't proven squat either.

The season is an open book waiting to be written. We'll see who steps up and who doesn't. Last year Carolina shook off a terrible opening loss and had a good season. We'll see if who does that this season starting next week.

But next week I'm a Hokie fan.

The over generalizing after week 1 are always fascinating to me. It's like everyone forgets how long the season is.

Tennessee beats VT, Ohio, and Florida the next 3 weeks and NO ONE cares how many we beat App St by.

Tennessee plays a cupcake schedule for an SEC school. Appy State, Ohio, and Tennessee Tech, I believe. Let's not forget Kentucky and Vandy are also on the schedule.

Tennessee plays a cupcake schedule for an SEC school. Appy State, Ohio, and Tennessee Tech, I believe. Let's not forget Kentucky and Vandy are also on the schedule.

Tennessee schedules as good as anyone in the SEC. The past 4 years we have played Oregon and Oklahoma both in a home-and-home. We have scheduled VT this season and have Georgia Tech and West Virginia in the coming seasons.

In conference we play Alabama, Georgia, Florida every year. Not to mention another conference team from the west division which is always tough. This year it is Texas A&M.

Year-in-year-out, I would trade schedules with VT in a heart beat. No FSU or Clemson on the schedule this season... The example of throwing rocks in a glass house thing comes to mind here.

No SEC school should play Appy State, Ohio and Tennessee Tech in the same season. That's weak for any big conference school. Whereas most schools play 12 game, TN plays 9.

It's seems to me the SEC cheated its way to dominance but now other schools like thr
Says the team that just beat Liberty.....

Reactions: dneasvol
No SEC school should play Appy State, Ohio and Tennessee Tech in the same season. That's weak for any big conference school. Whereas most schools play 12 game, TN plays 9.

Alabama plays Chattanooga, Western Kentucky, and Kent St. How is that any different than Tennessee's 3? GTFO.

I assumed he was a Hokie. Thanks for the heads up.
He's that, too, but if he's talking about SEC stuff, then he's talking about it from a Bama standpoint.

He posts his top 10 rankings sometimes, and Bama might be listed in 5 of the top 10 spots. VT always makes those lists, too...but we only take up 1 spot down near the bottom of the list. We do still feel honored!

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Alabama plays Chattanooga, Western Kentucky, and Kent St. How is that any different than Tennessee's 3? GTFO.

Well, when you are the reigning National Champions and have been a contender for the past decade, you get the benefit of doubt...When your one season removed from a decade of disgrace not so much...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT