ADVERTISEMENT

D now 18th in America. I noticed. O 88th. Why Bama wins another title

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
VT D ranks 18th in America. Dang that ole Bud Foster. Where is the old loyalists TSL regulars on this board that love to slam Foster. You know who you are. What did I tell you? Bud will have this D finish in the top 20 by seasons end. It's an AMAZING Coaching Job and he should be defensive coach of the year with the injuries they have had and still 18th in America and still climbing. As for our O...still trending south. 88th now in total O.

Alabama, number 1 in total D. Number 23 in total O. That's correct if your thought was the number 23 and VT's O. VT has not had an offense ANYWHERE CLOSE in total O to 23rd since Ricky Bustle left. A number one defense...really....a top 10 D and a good efficient O can win titles. Bama has done this before with very similar numbers. I like their chances. P.S. Did you know that last season, Virginia Tech had the 5th ranked total defense in America by season's end? Many forget. I did not.
This post was edited on 11/21 8:04 PM by lucustookis

VT's longest play of the year is 44 yards. Worst in the nation. 3 plays over 40 yards for the entire season. Haaaaaaaaa

VT defense is 25th in the country (5th in the ACC). VT offense is 91st in the country (12th in the ACC).

VT and Wake are the only 2 teams in the country with no plays over 50
yards. I show us with 5 plays of 40+ yards, which puts us tied for 120th
in the country, we are tied for 117th in the country with only 13 plays
of 30+ yards, and we are tied for 106th in the country with only 37 plays of 20+ yards.

Our QB is 97th in YPA, our offense is ranked 91st, and we have lost 5 games, but we still refuse to throw the ball downfield. We have scored 9, 0, 10 and 10 points the first 3 quarters of our last 4 games, and have punted an alarming 29 times (7,7,7,8) the past 4 games, but keep using our short passing game as the main point of our offense. So, either we have an OC that does not like throwing downfield, or we have a QB that cannot do that, or we have receivers who cannot consistently get separation, or a combination of these. No matter the reason, we still need to take more shots.

Defensively, we have given up 5 plays of 50+ yards, which puts us tied for 52nd, 12 plays of 40+ yards (tied for 77th), 23 plays of 30+ yards (tied for 80th), and 58 plays of 20+ yards (tied for 113th).

This post was edited on 11/21 11:10 PM by pckank1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT