ADVERTISEMENT

Decline

FredSam

Signee
Sep 15, 2012
I've been looking at some old video of previous great plays, entrances and so forth. I know, I need to get a life, but we haven't had much to cheer about recently.

What struck me looking at the old clips was the steely eyed purpose CFB and the team had in those days. Look at some of those entrances on you tube. They didn't hope, they knew they had a good chance to win. There was an intensity to the team and the fans that is sorely lacking today. Sure we lost some games, sometimes big ones and sometimes to teams we should have crushed, but we were never outclassed in those days. The team just doesn't seem to have any fire in the belly and neither do the coaches. Its just business as usual.

Listen to the crowd in those clips.. We were probably on the Richter scale at times. You don't hear that anymore because the team has not given us any reason to be that loud. Compare those videos with what you now see at the stadium.

We are getting beat because a lot of these teams are now better than us. There is an atmosphere of defeat surrounding the program, and it is starting at the top. We are being out recruited, out prepared and out coached. I wish CFB could have left under better circumstances, with all the honors he deserves, but I don't see it happening. Another year like this and we will be a decade digging out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.