ADVERTISEMENT

Did you see the Irish from Notre Dame stun Virginia

Jul 13, 2013
lololoololololololoolololololololololoololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They always WIN! lolololoololololololololoolol However, PURDUE has more wins over Notre Dame then any college team. lololololoolololololololololololool YEAH! PS That's P U R D U E ! lololololoololololol The top engineering school in the world. They come from China, from all over the world to study at PURDUE!

Yeah I saw that close finish. Too bad for Virginia. I, unlike most Hokies, root for them as long as they are not playing VT.

That game was one of the 1/100,000,000,000 times I could root for UVA. Notre Damn is part of college football's axis of evil. ND is frequently Overrated and Pampered by the media. I was disgusted that the ACC accepted them into conference in sports except for football. If they want to share in ACC exposure/$$$ with other sports, ND should do same with their NBC $$$.

No, ND doesn't always win & I'd root for just anybody playing them, maybe even Free Shoes U and the WV Mounties (the other pieces of the axis) lol.

BTW-glad Purdue does have some claim to fame re: having an engineering program. However, apparently you've never been to the Promised Land-Blacksburg, Va and seen the many Asian students attending Virginia Tech. A few years ago while my wife & I visited China, we were at Tiananmen Square, I saw a curious symbol on a man's shirt in the distance. I trotted (carefully, under the watchful eyes of the abundant Chinese soldiers, until I got within 5 yards of the man. My eyes had not deceived me, on back of his shirt was Bud Foster's Lunch Pail and I shouted, 'How bout them Hokies!'. The young man turned smiling, we shook hands and spoke for a few minutes. He is a Chinese national and was a recent (3 years earlier) Electrical Engineering graduate of Virginia Tech!

Looking forward to the VT / Purdue game, JPurdue, I wouldn't expect Purdue to out scheme VT/Mr Foster. I trust it will be a good injury free game for both teams. Oh, think ND is fortunate they don't play the Hokies this year, had that been VT's defense on the Irish's winning drive, I think the game would've ended w Irish Qb on his back w ball still in his hands-unless he fumbled. ;)

Let's Go Hokies!

Notre Dame gets special treatment from NCAA. As for the ND-Boo Hoo game, best thing about it was one of them would lose. I not like either team. I will never pull for Hoos in football, because they have some players that rejected VT to sign with Hoos. I guess they like sitting home for the holidays (i.e. Bowl Season). Serves them right to sit home.

That game was one of the 1/100,000,000,000 times I could root for UVA. Notre Damn is part of college football's axis of evil. ND is frequently Overrated and Pampered by the media. I was disgusted that the ACC accepted them into conference in sports except for football. If they want to share in ACC exposure/$$$ with other sports, ND should do same with their NBC $$$.

No, ND doesn't always win & I'd root for just anybody playing them, maybe even Free Shoes U and the WV Mounties (the other pieces of the axis) lol.

BTW-glad Purdue does have some claim to fame re: having an engineering program. However, apparently you've never been to the Promised Land-Blacksburg, Va and seen the many Asian students attending Virginia Tech. A few years ago while my wife & I visited China, we were at Tiananmen Square, I saw a curious symbol on a man's shirt in the distance. I trotted (carefully, under the watchful eyes of the abundant Chinese soldiers, until I got within 5 yards of the man. My eyes had not deceived me, on back of his shirt was Bud Foster's Lunch Pail and I shouted, 'How bout them Hokies!'. The young man turned smiling, we shook hands and spoke for a few minutes. He is a Chinese national and was a recent (3 years earlier) Electrical Engineering graduate of Virginia Tech!

Looking forward to the VT / Purdue game, JPurdue, I wouldn't expect Purdue to out scheme VT/Mr Foster. I trust it will be a good injury free game for both teams. Oh, think ND is fortunate they don't play the Hokies this year, had that been VT's defense on the Irish's winning drive, I think the game would've ended w Irish Qb on his back w ball still in his hands-unless he fumbled. ;)

Let's Go Hokies!

You mentioned ACC exposure... having Notre Dame face five ACC teams every year gives the ACC, not Notre Dame, greater exposure. Additionally, if you believe that the media overrates them (sometimes), then we will have three opportunities to beat them over the next several years thanks to the scheduling agreement that's in place.

We should be quite happy with this mutually beneficial agreement.

I concur. Since they are ACC in all other sports then play our conference in football often.

Nothing better than a Hoo loss , I don't care what team gives it to them.Pompous Bunch of Babies..

Once again, I got my Richmond paper this morning and they had a photo of London yelling at the Refs.

Once again, I got my Richmond paper this morning and they had a photo of London yelling at the Refs.
That alone makes the paper worth the price. Not a UVA fan but I do so hate ND. I agree that the 5 games a year with ND is great exposure for our conference.
If you think London is amusing on the sidelines you should see old Kelly swell up like a toad and start changing colors like one of those old Wurlitzer record players pink,red,purple ,fuchsia, and so on..

Unless one is going to Medical or Law School, why would anyone go up there, especially to be on football team ?

Unless one is going to Medical or Law School, why would anyone go up there, especially to be on football team ?

Seems like they have a lot more first round draft picks than we do....

Why not go to a place where you can be a big name player.

Eli Harold for one... Could have gone to a lot of current big time colleges and historical schools in the nation (Ohio St., LSU, UF, The U, Penn St. and the list goes on), but he chose UVA. He and a few guys from the Beach area chose to go to UVA and make names for themselves at the college level. So what if it was at UVA. He and many of those guys will and are currently playing on Sundays. Its all about getting to the top level. College is a stepping stone for many guys with the top talents. They can be a wrecking ball for a sub-par college team who plays better competition each week to get the national exposure. Looks like it paid off for Harold. If he would have gone to Ohio St, LSU, Bama, USC, and others, he would have been just another good athlete who may not have been a starter until his junior or senior year. We will never know. But The fact is, he went to a great university, got a free education, and is now playing in the NFL. Does it really matter if it is for Medical or Law?

Reactions: SacrydDreamz
I concur. Since they are ACC in all other sports then play our conference in football often.

Yes, ND brings exposure, but at what cost? Playing a handful of ACC FB games adds excitement, but it also gives non-FB $ sharing irish much greater exposure in VT recruiting areas. Yes, they are a big name, but don't think giving them more access to recruits that VT wants/needs, while they sit on their nbc tv cash is a good deal. Either they're all in ACC or shouldn't be in at all - in my opinion. The big $$$ are in FB....

Seems like they have a lot more first round draft picks than we do....

Why not go to a place where you can be a big name player.

Eli Harold for one... Could have gone to a lot of current big time colleges and historical schools in the nation (Ohio St., LSU, UF, The U, Penn St. and the list goes on), but he chose UVA. He and a few guys from the Beach area chose to go to UVA and make names for themselves at the college level. So what if it was at UVA. He and many of those guys will and are currently playing on Sundays. Its all about getting to the top level. College is a stepping stone for many guys with the top talents. They can be a wrecking ball for a sub-par college team who plays better competition each week to get the national exposure. Looks like it paid off for Harold. If he would have gone to Ohio St, LSU, Bama, USC, and others, he would have been just another good athlete who may not have been a starter until his junior or senior year. We will never know. But The fact is, he went to a great university, got a free education, and is now playing in the NFL. Does it really matter if it is for Medical or Law?
Great post!!!!!

Reactions: piz hokies
Eli Harold complained about losing more than any player at UVA. He got what he deserved by going to UVA. If he had gone to VT he would have won more and gone bowling every year.

Eli Harold complained about losing more than any player at UVA. He got what he deserved by going to UVA. If he had gone to VT he would have won more and gone bowling every year.
Do you really think he thought in his mind he would lead UVA to a National Title. He complained about losses because they lost so many close ones. He is a competitor like most athletes and hates to lose. He and his close buddies from the Beach had a goal to help bring winning back to UVA football. Due to poor game management issues, they lost many close games, and a few to us, they fell short of that goal.

On the flip side, he is now starting for the 49ers, making more in one year, than most of us in our lifetime.

Many top athletes do not look at winning championships or going to a bowl in college, they want the exposure for getting to the NFL to get paid. Our society has created this....

Does anyone know if VT has ever had a player go to the NFL ?

Eli Harold would have gone to NFL regardless of where he went to college at. UVA isn't the only school in NCAA that has players going to NFL.

Does anyone know if VT has ever had a player go to the NFL ?

Eli Harold would have gone to NFL regardless of where he went to college at. UVA isn't the only school in NCAA that has players going to NFL.

Again.... you missed the point. You bashed UVA as if they are not able to do anything in football. But even at a horrible record, they still put out more first round draft picks than VT.

Lets face the facts here... You are still upset due to your boy Vic Hall not given a chance to play QB. But last I checked he did... and how did that work out?

Eli may not have made the NFL after his junior year, had he gone to any of the bigger, better colleges. He would have been just another freak athlete on the team. But at UVA he was the top freak athlete. Which gave him a better chance to be seen by the scouts at a younger age.

For the record, I started not liking UVA back in the 90's when that linebacker from Bluefield, WV committed to VT, and a couple days later 2 UVA Assistant coaches flew to Bluefield and talked him into signing with Hoos. NCAA investigated, and found no actual violations took place, but some highly un-ethical recruiting did happen.

If Al Groh had made Vic Hall starting QB when Hagans left, Groh might still be at UVA.

For the record, I started not liking UVA back in the 90's when that linebacker from Bluefield, WV committed to VT, and a couple days later 2 UVA Assistant coaches flew to Bluefield and talked him into signing with Hoos. NCAA investigated, and found no actual violations took place, but some highly un-ethical recruiting did happen.

If Al Groh had made Vic Hall starting QB when Hagans left, Groh might still be at UVA.

Sounds like those UVA coaches did a great job of selling him on their school. Sounds like VT coaches could not seal the deal. That is part of the recruiting process. You win some and lose some.

So if Vic would have played QB, he would have been in the best position for him to get experience to play at the next level? Wasn't Groh a former NFL coach and saw his potential as a DB not a QB for the next level. Again, kids these days want to play at the top level, NFL, and college is a place to get them the experience they need.

Mike Groh recruited Jamel Sewell. Ron Prince recruited Vic Hall. M. Groh wanted to play his recruit. Even if not at QB, Hall should have played somewhere on offense.

Mike Groh recruited Jamel Sewell. Ron Prince recruited Vic Hall. M. Groh wanted to play his recruit. Even if not at QB, Hall should have played somewhere on offense.

He wanted to play "his" recruit... Aubrey do you really believe everything you say? A 5' 9'' vs. a 6' 3", both duel threat styles. Lineman these days are 6'3'' and up. Come on man.... let it go.

Also, read a while back where an NFL team tried to move Hall to the O side and that did not work out... But he did have a great career as a DB in the AFL. I guess Groh knew what he was doing.

Yes, ND brings exposure, but at what cost? Playing a handful of ACC FB games adds excitement, but it also gives non-FB $ sharing irish much greater exposure in VT recruiting areas. Yes, they are a big name, but don't think giving them more access to recruits that VT wants/needs, while they sit on their nbc tv cash is a good deal. Either they're all in ACC or shouldn't be in at all - in my opinion. The big $$$ are in FB....

It gives the Irish greater exposure in VT recruiting areas? Are you kidding? It's Notre Dame -- they have and will continue to recruit nationally not because of their scheduling agreement, but because they are Notre Dame. They have a national, not regional fan base.

In fact, one could argue that this hurts Notre Dame to some limited degree because they are limited in their flexibility and will no longer play some of their tradition opponents as frequently as they used to.

I understand you don't like that they have the power to negotiate their own deal with NBC -- but that's reality, and you shouldn't fault them for taking advantage of an opportunity afforded to them. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at NBC for extending that contract to them. Your bias is clouding your judgement.

Reactions: piz hokies
The NCAA should have made ND join Big 10, or not play NCAA D1 football. I remember the BCS days where meetings included Conference Commissioners AND THE NOTRE DAME ATHLETIC DIRECTOR. ND should not receive any special priviledges just because they won one for the Gipper years ago.

It gives the Irish greater exposure in VT recruiting areas? Are you kidding? It's Notre Dame -- they have and will continue to recruit nationally not because of their scheduling agreement, but because they are Notre Dame. They have a national, not regional fan base.

In fact, one could argue that this hurts Notre Dame to some limited degree because they are limited in their flexibility and will no longer play some of their tradition opponents as frequently as they used to.

I understand you don't like that they have the power to negotiate their own deal with NBC -- but that's reality, and you shouldn't fault them for taking advantage of an opportunity afforded to them. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at NBC for extending that contract to them. Your bias is clouding your judgement.
I understand ND has international exposure, oh duh! However, bring them into your backyard and you do increase their exposure. That is obvious to even an unbiased observer.

I agree that NBC deal sucks and is a Big reason that ND has achieved their brand name in every state in US. I remember as a kid growing up in 1900's when there were only 3 TV stations available, ND FB was always one of the FB games to watch. If you do not think ND's monopoly/wealth has not helped them become a household name, get better facilities/have more to offer recruits, perhaps there are really Leprechauns!

But bringing ND into ACC and letting them keep FB $$$ separate is more in ND's favor and not ACC schools. Who gives a rat's ass if VT gets 5 more attendees at volleyball matches because opponent is ND? Have you not noticed some ACC schools now timidly speaking out against ND's limited ACC membership.

I was ticked when Big East accepted them as partial members.

I do not like them here of there, I do not like them anywhere!

Back in the spring I was at the ACC baseball tournament. I got mad just seeing ND baseball team in the stands watching Virginia and Georgia Tech play. ND is just one of 300+ NCAA D1 schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT