ADVERTISEMENT

Does Motley Get Reps Friday?

VT33

New Recruit
Feb 1, 2006
How many reps does everyone think Motley will get in the game Friday? Many fans think that the turning point of the Wake game was when he was replaced after the drive that went into the Red Zone where he was the QB. All of a sudden, after the team gets some life, Brewer comes in and stalls it. I have a friend that was a successful football coach and he thinks Motley should have been starting the last three games. What have we got to lose?

With VT's OC , Who Knows !! Motley should have been playing like you said BUT the stubborn attitude of the OC and Frank Beamer not stepping Up and forcing the issue , VT has made their Bed ! Damn Shame to have someone that could change the game and Not use him and then say he hasn't gotten the reps this season /fall. BS ! The young man was #1 QB coming out of the Spring game, and IF you didn't get him practice reps this fall, Then It's on the OC/QB 's shoulder.... I don't want to hear classes had something to keep Motley from this...I Know Better....

Guys, he's not all that good either. We need to recruit a quarterback, but apparently have not had any luck in getting the kind of fellow we need. I'm not sure we have a quality, major college quarterback in the program, but at this point, do whatever you want, but I'm not sure it's going to matter.

Originally posted by blue bomber:
Guys, he's not all that good either. We need to recruit a quarterback, but apparently have not had any luck in getting the kind of fellow we need. I'm not sure we have a quality, major college quarterback in the program, but at this point, do whatever you want, but I'm not sure it's going to matter.
He damn sure can't be any worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodness !!! Who you been watching this year behind Center for VT ??? IMHO, nothing worse that Brewer ....He has cost VT at Least three games himself and throw the OC in for a couple...Motley would be ten Times better....

Originally posted by Jackcrow:

Goodness !!! Who you been watching this year behind Center for VT ??? IMHO, nothing worse that Brewer ....He has cost VT at Least three games himself and throw the OC in for a couple...Motley would be ten Times better....
Have to agree. Play Motley, because Brewer is a train wreck. Motley can throw a screen pass just as well as Brewer, LOL. The upside for Motley is that the defense must respect that he can run with the ball. That is not the case with Brewer.

Originally posted by HokieNation:
Originally posted by Jackcrow:

Have to agree. Play Motley, because Brewer is a train wreck. Motley can throw a screen pass just as well as Brewer, LOL. The upside for Motley is that the defense must respect that he can run with the ball. That is not the case with Brewer.
Agree 100%. Our running game would be so much better with Motley at QB, and our passing game could not possibly be worse. The play where Newsome gained 8 yards with Motley at QB was very telling because a couple of defenders stayed on Motley as he was handing off and did not go all out toward Newsome. If Brewer is in the game there, that is probably a 2 yard gain at best.

And, I, like I'm sure most of you, didn't have to go back and watch the film to realize this. I noticed it during the game. LOL.

I'm from the NRV , I have watched Brendon Motley play in High School. C-Burg run a very QB Run /Pass Offense where the QB would throw from the run option look. Motley ran it to perfection and he could sling the Football as well. I see posters on here and other sites act like this kid can't play QB or throw...BULL Shi& ! The reason he's not playing is Because the Scot Loeffler wants Brewer ..Bottom Line. I talk and see a lot of Folks and their are a lot of Kids Not Happy with Loeffler and his approach to the players..I hope he is GONE come next week...Because he is not a coach for VT...If he ain't gone...Look for some Major changes ..Motley is too good a QB for this poor Offense at VT... PS... I'm not from C-Burg or a Fan of the Demons But I know a lot...

I think he plays a lot against the Boo Hoos. I think Beamer and the OC know we cannot win with same approach we carried to Wake Forest. We have got to score TDs against the boo hoos. We are not gonna win with FGs and punts.

#1 I dont think Brewer is a bad QB. He come out of High School ranked between Oregons Mariota and Manzel and had a lot of acolades from the state of Texas. In the right system I think he would excel (remember Manzel was TAMs 3rd string QB before Sumlin brought his spread style to the Aggies). For some reason I just dont think VT has that system in place for Brewer to excel.
#2 At Auburn, Chizek stepped in mid season and ousted Loefflers chosen QB. At Temple, Addazio stepped in mid season and ousted the QB too. Trend?
#3 Lets not forget the real problem. A team shouldnt have to utilize a running QB just to mask the coaching staffs inability to move the ball with their poor playcalling. I think Motley should play more but this team still needs a system in place just like the defense has in place.

Yes Motley will get reps. The question is how will SL call the game ? SL is the single biggest disappointment I have seen. .Beamer after years of drudgery finally decided to correct some enormous problems by choosing an inadequate much less expensive guy. His track record is exactly what he has shown at VT. This means that we have to get rid of him pronto. No room for anotherf--- up like this one either. I have lost my faith in Beamer,SL,SB and I suspect our SCC is doing somthing really wrong also. Don't know enough about coach SS to comment. Our team is filling up a ward with all of our injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT