ADVERTISEMENT

Don;t be too quick to cast stones

swmrappell

All-Conference
Apr 25, 2008
Sometimes we need to have the patience to wait for the facts to come out before casting stones. I think that most of the criticism came from UNC side. However, for those who jumped on the band wagon, it appears that the initial report was misleading or worse. Now perhaps the young lady was protecting the real fraternity or was subject to date rape or who knows what but it appears not to be what she originally said.

UVA

In the mean time Rolling Stone has virtually rescinded their story, and journalistic methodology. This topic is much too serious to discuss on a football site, and certainly transcends relatively silly boosterism and school affiliations.

Originally posted by swmrappell:

Sometimes we need to have the patience to wait for the facts to come out before casting stones. I think that most of the criticism came from UNC side. However, for those who jumped on the band wagon, it appears that the initial report was misleading or worse. Now perhaps the young lady was protecting the real fraternity or was subject to date rape or who knows what but it appears not to be what she originally said.
How do you know what she originally said? You don't, and don't forget that reporters also spice things up to sell a story, and if you don't believe that, ask Oklahoma State Head coach about the BS they published about alleged violations under his watch. What is my point? Don't draw any conclusions, and don't imply she lied or changed her story. What got published may not be what she actually said. Sorry, but like most, I have a daughter, and hearing what this young lady likely went throw, I can't help but feel for her even if she may have gotten some of the details wrong meanwhile 2 years later.

I posted when the story broke that if true the school needed to clean up the problem no matter who's heads needed to roll......but now it is becoming a big question mark. My cousin who is a professor at UVA told me a week ago stuff was coming out that didn't add up with her story and it was going to come out. I stand by my statement that if true you can't punish the guilty enough but if she is making this up she needs to be delt with in the same manner. I also have a daughter so I understand the concerns and wouldn't want to see something like this happen anywhere.

The University President should resign, just as the Duke President should have resigned over supporting the ruination of lives a few years ago.

Knew it was a lie all the time. No way UVA has a frat with 7 straight guys.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:

Knew it was a lie all the time. No way UVA has a frat with 7 straight guys.
roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
You boys laugh but the Hoo stole a Hokie girl......a real man for sure.
All part of the Hokie Respect . I wager she adopts from the Humane Society also
evilgrin0010.r191677.gif

My Hokie wife decorated the Christmas tree and put my Hoo ornament on the back of the tree and the Turkey on the front.....I may have to rethink this marriage.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
My Hokie wife decorated the Christmas tree and put my Hoo ornament on the back of the tree and the Turkey on the front.....I may have to rethink this marriage.
Hoo would want a Zima bottle on their tree?????????
3dgrin.r191677.gif

That Zima bottle is easier to hang than the block of cheese......can't believe I have a turkey on my tree, might let my hunting buddy's come over and have at it.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT