ADVERTISEMENT

Edmunds makes 3rd team All American

If he’s a first rounder he should go......my mind changed about young men leaving early after what happened to Anthony Poindexter.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I don't like to see players leave early, but when one recalls Poindexter , it makes sense most of the time.

I wish Kiser and Blanding had left UVA early, then Boo hoos might not be going to a bowl game this year.

But, then you look at a lot of kids like Evan that are convinced to go early then get skipped over that would benefit from the extra year. All of our guys last year were told that they were a lot higher in the draft than where they actually went. I would not want to be in one of these kids shoes to make the choice to go.

But, then you look at a lot of kids like Evan that are convinced to go early then get skipped over that would benefit from the extra year. All of our guys last year were told that they were a lot higher in the draft than where they actually went. I would not want to be in one of these kids shoes to make the choice to go.
I agree that way to many are misled on their projections. I’m really thinking about those that truly are Sunday players like Poindexter was.....to me Edmunds passes that test, Evans never did.

He may stick around because he loves the game and VT. But again, he is the youngest and brother is graduating. If we land a certain LB from NC it would help us fill the void.

Edmunds may stay because his family is financially well off. His father played professional football and he is not a kid who absolutely needs the money right now to help out his family. His family is fine, and this may be a big factor that we don't hear about as for a reason to him staying his senior year.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT