ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Beamer Today

HokieNation

Starter
Jun 19, 2003
I can no longer watch an inept coaching staff manage this team into the ground. You will need a crowbar to open my wallet for this team.

The offensive scheme of this team is ludicrous. Our QB (Brewer) is single-handedly losing VT football games, yet our coaching staff will still not make a change. It's over folks. Whit, I beg you to make a change NOW!!

Nice post but again...2 yrs late. The damage is.done.

As an entire fanbase we deserve this. WE allowed him to stay.....so.....time to pay up. Time to suffer the consequences. This IS Virginia Tech football. He has left the program or taken this program to EXACTLY where he started with it. He had a huge upswing with it......but in the end he brought it back to where it was.can you believe this....there are still humans on planet earth that actually want to give him another year! Lol.

One more thing...you mean O staff in place of coaching staff

Unfair to lump defensive coaches into "inept coaching staff." Defensive coaches are solid.

Re: One more thing...you mean O staff in place of coaching staff

You are correct. The defensive coaching staff did their part. The offensive coaching staff was....well....offensive.

Originally posted by HokieNation:
I can no longer watch an inept coaching staff manage this team into the ground. You will need a crowbar to open my wallet for this team.

The offensive scheme of this team is ludicrous. Our QB (Brewer) is single-handedly losing VT football games, yet our coaching staff will still not make a change. It's over folks. Whit, I beg you to make a change NOW!!
Agree on Brewer, he alone has costed us a couple of games. It seems that he does not have much between the ears. Thou he had less talent, I'd say even Grant Noel was a better QB than Brewer.

Originally posted by SamAdamsHokie:
I've never seen a qb that doesn't feel the pressure the way Brewer does.
Seriously?!? Please go back and see the VT-UGA bowl game and then come back and tell me if you still believe that.

Originally posted by VA4VT:
Originally posted by SamAdamsHokie:
I've never seen a qb that doesn't feel the pressure the way Brewer does.
Seriously?!? Please go back and see the VT-UGA bowl game and then come back and tell me if you still believe that.
Brewer is about 10 times worse than Glennon, no exaggeration.

I wont say one is worse than the other but I will say Glennon and Brewer are without a doubt the worse 2 we have ever had.. Glennon had and ELITE D that won games by themselves by swarming, and scoring, and Brewer has really good defense that can hold and get the ball back.
I think Beamer should step aside.. but to be honest im ok if Beamer was back next year if he makes a change at OC. Researching the Auburn situation was enough for me. the same team, with the same talent went from 3-9 to 10-3 after they fired him, he also refused to bench his qb for them who was moved to Safety after he was fired...I want an OC that can put points, no more of Beamers phillosophy of 3 and out, go get em D.. I want to put up 30-50 a game... from 2002-2011 we have been a really good offense away from being and elite team. no doubt in my mind we would have won the big game atleast once if we had an offense of say a Oklahoma St., or a Rich Rod offense to go with our D.

Originally posted by RB4:

I wont say one is worse than the other but I will say Glennon and Brewer are without a doubt the worse 2 we have ever had.. Glennon had and ELITE D that won games by themselves by swarming, and scoring, and Brewer has really good defense that can hold and get the ball back.
I think Beamer should step aside.. but to be honest im ok if Beamer was back next year if he makes a change at OC. Researching the Auburn situation was enough for me. the same team, with the same talent went from 3-9 to 10-3 after they fired him, he also refused to bench his qb for them who was moved to Safety after he was fired...I want an OC that can put points, no more of Beamers phillosophy of 3 and out, go get em D.. I want to put up 30-50 a game... from 2002-2011 we have been a really good offense away from being and elite team. no doubt in my mind we would have won the big game atleast once if we had an offense of say a Oklahoma St., or a Rich Rod offense to go with our D.
Personally I think that Glennon was far better than Brewer. Glennon could take a better hit without folding up for the rest of the game. He also had a much better arm than Brewer. Both of them were/are pretty bad.

Bullshit. Noel, Meyer, Sorensen and Clark were all worse than Glennon. Brewer is worse than all of the above with the possible exception of Noel or Clark.

Originally posted by HeaksManley:

Bullshit. Noel, Meyer, Sorensen and Clark were all worse than Glennon. Brewer is worse than all of the above with the possible exception of Noel or Clark.
noel meyer sorensen clark glennon had great OL and D. Brewer doesn't have an o-line and too many defensive injuries to bail out Frank

Originally posted by Windows NT:

noel meyer sorensen clark glennon had great OL and D. Brewer doesn't have an o-line and too many defensive injuries to bail out Frank
With the exception of Meyer, no, not even close. The only QB whose line was arguably better aside from that was Noel's. The line Sorensen and Clark had in '97 was historically bad, and the '06 and '07 lines were also historically awful. Also, I'm pretty sure the offensive line has nothing to do with Brewer's weak-ass arm, complete and total inability to get rid of the ball in a timely manner, complete and total inability to not detect pressure and complete and total inability to see open receivers.

Originally posted by Windows NT: noel meyer sorensen clark glennon had great OL and D. Brewer doesn't have an o-line and too many defensive injuries to bail out Frank
With the exception of Meyer, no, not even close. The only QB whose line was arguably better aside from that was Noel's. The line Sorensen and Clark had in '97 was historically bad, and the '06 and '07 lines were also historically awful. Also, I'm pretty sure the offensive line has nothing to do with Brewer's weak-ass arm, complete and total inability to get rid of the ball in a timely manner, complete and total inability to not detect pressure and complete and total inability to see open receivers.
brewer reminds me of ken dorsey who also had a weak arm and slow but played behind a great OL. The key is the OL. also Frank needs to let Loeffler do his job.

Our O line sucked when Glennon was here. Thats why they burned TT's shirt. He could scramble. Glennon was being destroyed.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:

Our O line sucked when Glennon was here. Thats why they burned TT's shirt. He could scramble. Glennon was being destroyed.
Yea and it's sucked since.

Nick Sorenson was by far the worst QB to ever get under center at Virginia Tech. Nobody else is a close second in terms of awfulness. However, he was a decent enough safety after being switched to defense. David Lamie, who played in the late 70's wasn't anything to write home about either. He gets my runner-up vote.

I would take Grant Noel and Al Clark over Brewer. Brewer has a similar talent level to VT QBs in the 70s and 80s - well Strock and Furrer are better than him. He is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT