ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Beamer, my friend

1970hokie

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2003
I'm sad for Frank because I know how much he loves Virginia Tech football. What makes it even more difficult is knowing that for him it extends beyond the football team. He loves the university and he equally loves the fans. He truly wanted to give every Hokie, young and old, big donor or small, something to be proud of . . . And he was amazingly successful.

And now he is making another personal sacrifice for the Hokie Nation. I am convinced that he knows that this team has talent and that turning the program over to a younger, more energetic coach now would shorten the turnaround time as opposed to him staying on any longer. I agree with him.

If Frank could say something to each poster on this board, his supporters and critics alike, he would likely apologize for the last few years. This is his way of trying to correct the problems.

I am excited for the future of Tech football and hope that everyone rallies behind the new coach and staff, they will need our support. We need to show the new staff the same respect and passion as we did for Frank. It's the only way to properly honor Frank Beamer. We cannot let all he has done for us be for nothing.

We need to keep our sights on a national championship some day and when we win it, I will have a smile on my face for Frank Beamer.

God bless you Frank. My prayers are for you and a long, healthy and fulfilling retirement.

GO HOKIES

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.