ADVERTISEMENT

FSU seems to be new favorite for Sweat

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
I knew we didnt wow him on his visit because he scheduled an unplanned visit to Ore the day after he left Blacksburg. We still have a chance though but I would love to have someome to pull in Elite prospects.. Cant be an elite team without them, and they are in our backyard.. no excuse. .. To lose this guy in the end will hurt..

Originally posted by RB4:
I knew we didnt wow him on his visit because he scheduled an unplanned visit to Ore the day after he left Blacksburg. We still have a chance though but I would love to have someome to pull in Elite prospects.. Cant be an elite team without them, and they are in our backyard.. no excuse. .. To lose this guy in the end will hurt..
You must be joking ! The Oregon Trip is just bonus for being a 5* and top DE in the Nation ! Why would a Young man pass on that IF he had the chance , plus It's last Visit to use . Real Simple IF you use your head . And this Fla. State being his choice, I have said that for three months that he would pick them. BUT I think VT will win here, I've changed my mind in the last Seven Days..Sweat playing For VT and being from Virginia , He will get more out of it , The Main Man In Lane, just a Player at Fla State. , That's Why these kids should understand that , and I think he does...

I am laughing at you, not with you.

Your first fallacy is....

1. "But I would love to have someome to pull in Elite prospects.. "

The above fallacy has the following premise.......NO MATTER what our record is or how we play on the field or who the Head Coach is and our history the past 3 seasons, NONE OF THIS MATTERS if .......we have a guy who can recruit. Your statement is a fallacy which is defined by some as intellectual lying or dishonesty. The truth is, we can not get elite prospects because of MANY variables and one of them is your Head Coach, his record and the trend of our program the last 3 years, and the trend of other programs we are competing against.

2. "Cant be an elite team without them, and they are in our backyard.. no excuse. .. "

The second fallacy you make above is....."since he is in our backyard, we should have automatically landed him" and not only that, the variables of having a poor team the last 3 years, the trend of our program, a shaky head coach and poor offensive system and the rise of many others in the ACC are all.......EXCUSES. LOL, that's comical.

The other part of your statement is that we can not be elite without 5 star recruits. I encourage you to see TCU and Arizona. A bunch of 4 star players can make up for the miss of a couple of five star players. VT did the same thing in 99.

Re: I am laughing at you, not with you.

The hell is your dysfunction lucas? Why can't you make a post without berating other board members. While I understand some are asking for it, most of them aren't. Does it make you feel big when you sound sooooo smart on a college football message board?

Most over the top interview with Josh I have seen. He and his family had an insane visit, and he loved it. You see the picture of him dining at VT, and that cut of steak and Lobster on his plate? Think he tweeted that because he had a shitty time? Or hear his comments about his time at Beamer's house? Dude loved it.

May indeed end up at FSU, but nobody knows at this point, and anyone claiming to know is lying.

Damn Smitty, you must have started posting when Beamer was still milking cows! Your post about Sweat had more info on his visit than on the pay site. Been same old shit, he had a good time,and he's on his way home now and a bunch of FSU crap. I posted ? about his visit and honestly no body seems to know jack shit 3-4 days later Pretty pitiful when the #1 recruit is visiting and no one knows a thing but "he had a good time."
I know the guy is pretty quiet but when he's in your backyard and you cant give insider info why pay?

Lucas must be going though some things he has been crabby past few weeks. Still love ya Lucas .. but he does make some good points VT's downward trend past 3 years obviously hurts.. but I would never call TCU or Arizona elite.. to me elite is Bama, and FSU who win championships and are doing it with a roster with some VA guys.My thing is we should have these VA guys. We use to pull in the states best. For every year we lost a Percy Harvin, we gained a Macho Harris, or a Tyrod who were 5 star guys and #1 in the state.. Miami was a very bad program till they got a coach that said we will not lose anymore guys from our backyard. My fingers are crossed still but im just saying that everything I have seen is all saying Josh Sweat to FSU, why the sudden change in perception? I just feel like if VT was truly his leader, then he would have committed after the visit. instead he scheduled an extra visit.. If he commits anywhere else we still have a pretty good class, but it would def. be a blow to the gut.

As Rodgers said...Relax

1. I am here to talk football, not to "sound smart." If you think I "sound smart" and it offends you, then go to school or something.

2. Disagreeing and berating are not the same, so nice try.

3. I stand by my post and repeat...I am LAUGHING at his post because his history is one of attempting to slam or go after Foster any chance. His post wreaks of blaming Bud. I defend legends that are true legends and a gem like Foster.

4. We can not get 5 star players because Frank Beamer is our Head Coach. We have only had a few in our history anyway and you can win with large amounts of four stars. We did in 99. The problem is offensive recruiting. We have been good enough over the years to win a title on the defensive side of the ball. The talent has been there. Offensively, this is the talent issue.

This post was edited on 12/5 11:29 PM by lucustookis

Well TCU is about to play in the final four. You call them or that what you want. I will call them as having a chance to win a title.

It is important for you to understand there is a difference in perception in VT compared to years ago and that perception is...the coach is not the brightest and may retire soon, and our Offensive system is the worst in America. Those perceptions overcome the genius and brilliance of Foster and our D and its why we whiff on 5 star guys. As for the 5 stars on O, those days are over. Common sense tells me the guy single handedly holding the program together (Foster) is not the problem. When you hint at slamming him, I will ALWAYS respond.

This post was edited on 12/5 11:26 PM by lucustookis

Originally posted by VeeTee:
Damn Smitty, you must have started posting when Beamer was still milking cows! Your post about Sweat had more info on his visit than on the pay site. Been same old shit, he had a good time,and he's on his way home now and a bunch of FSU crap. I posted ? about his visit and honestly no body seems to know jack shit 3-4 days later Pretty pitiful when the #1 recruit is visiting and no one knows a thing but "he had a good time."
I know the guy is pretty quiet but when he's in your backyard and you cant give insider info why pay?
I think this is very inaccurate. There are a lot of gold nuggets on the premium board and the price is pretty cheap. The insider access to speak directly to people in the know (including recent former players) is really nice and well worth the ridiculously low yearly fee.

For the record, I have no motive for saying that as I'm not paid to play sheriff. I'm just really quick with a six gun. My yard is full of UNC tombstones with legendary names like "gunslingerdick" and his other personality "SirRichardOfTheGun" (or whatever it was...have to walk out back amongst the tumbleweeds and cacti to check)
smokin.r191677.gif

EDIT: This comment had nothing to do with Smitty. He is indeed one of the best dudes here on hokiehaven and everyone respects his input.
This post was edited on 12/5 11:38 PM by SunnyBeachWave

You see, nobody knew at Any point

You are correct it's speculation that nobody knows at this point. More important, nobody has ever known at Any Point which is why you need to turn off the recruiting "insiders websites" and mistaking this for knowing football. Let me make this pretty simple.....the kid is so far gone from Tech it is not funny
Why? Common sense tells me so. He may end up at Oxford or Liberty but
....he "ain't" ending up in Bburg.

Re: You see, nobody knew at Any point

Lucus you dnt know me at all bro. I never "slammed" Bud Foster go back and look at any of my posts. All I did was say tha the Defense did not deserve a pass in some games this year when they did not perform well. Just because they have had great years and carried the team does not mean they are beyond criticism. There were games this year that our defense got toasted. It did happen, im not making it up, I seen it with my own eyes. And Foster is the best coach we have, I never said "fire him" but I did say the defense stunk some games this year wheather it be injuries or whatever they did get ass handed to them in some games this year. You take offense for some reason like you are Bud Foster. I was not talking to you when I made the points that I did. So dont insult my inteligence to make yourself feel better because like I said. you dont know me.. and trust me, you dont want too. I post on here for fun to have my opinion heard. Even if I dont agree, (happens a lot) I keep it classy.
This post was edited on 12/6 1:35 AM by RB4

Lucus you are a f'n idiot, and a message board tough guy i guess. But you dnt know me at all bro. I never "slammed" Bud Foster go back and look at any of my posts. All I did was say tha the Defense did not deserve a pass in some games this year when they did not perform well. Just because they have had great years and carried the team does not mean they are beyond criticism. There were games this year that our defense got toasted. It did happen, im not making it up, I seen it with my own eyes. And Foster is the best coach we have, I never said "fire him" but I did say the defense stunk some games this year wheather it be injuries or whatever they did get ass handed to them in some games this year. You take offense for some reason like you are Bud Foster. I was not talking to you when I made the points that I did. So dont insult my inteligence to make yourself feel better because like I said. you dont know me.. and trust me, you dont want too. I post on here for fun to have my opinion heard. Even if I dont agree, (happens a lot) I keep it classy.
Calling someone a "f'g idiot" is not keeping it classy. Lucas' posts in this thread are somewhat condescending but within the boundaries.

Let's stop with the name calling. Agree to disagree if that's what needs to happen.

agree. I appologize
This post was edited on 12/6 12:43 AM by RB4

I am not your bro. I take offense to you slamming Foster. I love how you write that you are "keeping it classy" with the editing after calling me cusswords. Your apology is accepted by the way, but again....this proves my point with you....EMOTION before thought. That emotion or lack impulse control often overcomes realistic objectivism which is the case with Foster. It's why you spew the hatred towards Bud in the season when the D may struggle for a game of which ALL defenses do for every team, except the defenses for other teams often struggle MORE than VT's defense does over the long haul. But...for that given moment after the event, you spew the negativism for Foster, just like in the moment, you lose emotional control and call me cusswords. You are correct, I do not want to know you nor do I take you with any seriousness. I will repeat, if you attack Foster and try to do it even in a backhanded way, I will respond, regardless of whether SunnyBeach feels it is condescending. I encourage you to realize that we have a legend and we have one guy that is holding the football team together for the last 5-10 years.

Thanks for the positive comment re Smitty . I hold Smitty in the absolute highest esteem . He is an outstanding poster and an outstanding person. This board is better with him on it.

Go back and watch some of those games where the D "lost it".

Watch all the plays leading up to that "last" play.

If VT's O didn't have TO's or were more efficient per each drive and scored more and
every game was not mired in a close ugly ending, then maybe it all coming down to the D in one play doesn't happen....but of course Frank's approach keeps most all games close, especially of late. That's his MO, even when they don't need to be (Michigan, Temple, JMU, Miami (Ohio), Wake Forest '14, etc).

Yah wanna get real with JSweat, tell em' the probability VT is in close games is very high and he can be the D player to cement the wins and stand out.
This post was edited on 12/6 5:34 PM by hokie.nole

This post was edited on 12/6 8:29 PM by hokie.nole

Re: Go back and watch some of those games where the D "lost it".

Hokie.nole, you hit the nail right on the head. Let's be more specific, Georgia tech game, we had 2 opportunities to make 1st downs at end of game, couldn't do it either time. UNC game had 2 opportunities to get 1st down, defense held. Duke, we had two opportunities to make 1st down, had to depend on missed fg. These opportunities mean we end games in victory formation. How often do we see that lately? Does our defense have bad games, yes, but far and few. Do I blame the defense for the 30 that Miami hung on us, ok, but is it worse than the 6 the offense posted that night and that in last 2 minutes. I can count on my one hand the few times tech defense didn't show up, California bowl game with Rodgers, crippled defense against Miami in Blacksburg a few years back, and pitt game 3 years ago. I to get a little irritated with criticism of our defense. Until I see some symbolist of an equal offense, bud gets a pass from me.

I did not believe that we would get Josh to come to Tech. I also don't believe that we will flip him . I wish him the best of luck at FSU and beyond.
A lot about recruiting here and mostly accurate. One thing though is you cant just recruit and you can't just coach you have to do both. Even if Beamer was a very good recruiter he has proven that he cannot mange his job very well as head coach. He makes bad personnel decisions and wont change them after he makes them. This is very frightening because he either wont change them because he doesn't want to admit the error or even worse he doesn't realize that he made a mistake. Then there's the coaching thingee. Ask yourself how the offense is doing. Ask about the ST's. Try to understand where we truly are and how we got there.
To me the answer is very clear.
Several weeks ago I wrote on this board that we had a very serious problem with our HC. I wrote that our OC was incompetent imo. I also mentioned that our RB coach was not performing worth a hoot and that our plethora of injuries has made me very leery of our S&C coach. Last but not least I questioned why we brought Shai back sp quickly. I watched him closely and I still feel he was not ready. These are all problems that need to be addressed if we wish to regain and exceed our prior position as a FB team.
One other thing, I am not certain that Josh would have looked at our record of injured players and the care we have given to them including how soon we rush them into service but I'll bet he did. I also noticed what I believe is a change in our staff as it relates to this. After a few problems this year it seemed we got very quick in not letting guys come back. Lastly, if you go back to our spring films you may notice that L maddy was already having probems with his knee . Sure seemed obvious to me.
Lucas, the TCU coach fired his OC last year and hired new ones (believe he has two). Couching counts.

ADVERTISEMENT