ADVERTISEMENT

Fuente's biggest challenge

dpwill

Team Captain
May 9, 2012
In regards to whipping the current roster into a better offense, again it is the OL that is going to determine the success of next year's team. Yeah, we'll have to break in a new starting QB to a new offense, but none of that will matter if we don't get better play out of the guys up front. I finally got around to watching the recorded UVA game. Boy, it was worse than I thought. Brewer was really getting brutalized in the first half. He got a little more time in the second half, and his numbers showed it. Other than missing a wide open Bucky for a sure TD, he played a lot better than I was giving him credit for. Every QB misses an open receiver once in a while.
The question for next year is whether the OL will improve enough for Fuente's vaunted offensive acumen to register on the field. All starters are returning, except for Wade "Whiff" Hansen. Does it matter if the starters are returning if they're not very good? Or is it a matter of having the talent, but needing a different blocking scheme and coach to get the most out of their abilities? We haven't even finished this year, and I'm already anxious for next year. Just crazy, I guess.

Reactions: datHOKIEvt and GC1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.