ADVERTISEMENT

Hats Off to Brewer. He is as tough as they come.

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
The guy kept an incredible attitude all year long. Talking about adversity, this guy was criticized and the usual, he took the fall for the offense in place of the offensive coaches and offensive line. he never complained and he took a physical and mental beating all year. I will repeat, if the guy is not running for his life and just had a little bit of normal offensive coaching, the guy would be putting up incredible numbers at Virginia Tech. Brewer can throw the football. I am telling you. That guy is pretty dang accurate. Of course, in this system we will never know that. Game ball to Brewer for me. He put the team on his back against UVA and the guy continued to get up hit after hit. Also, thank you again Bud Foster and the defense.

Brewer is tough.. and he was gritty last night and was clutch, but he single handedly lost the GT game.. he is still a bad QB.. But he may be the best we have sadly.. as far as Loefler I hope that win last night does not give him a pass and a ticket to next year.. he needs to go ASAP or we will under achieve again.. need to start taking Offense serious. Beamer almost lost that game last night. We got inside the 40 yard line twice and punted.. a decent kicker would have made a 40 yarder., at least one of them to put us up 7.. thats crazy.. our kickers are the worst in the nation. Kickoffs dont go past the 10, and our kicker cant kick over 35 yard field goals... VT needs to get it together fast or its going to be a very long year next year.,

Originally posted by RB4:
.. as far as Loefler I hope that win last night does not give him a pass and a ticket to next year.. he needs to go ASAP or we will under achieve again.. need to start taking Offense serious.
Loefler is just a diversion and is not the problem, so I don't care if he stays or goes, but we absolutely HAVE to get Stiney out of the booth and off the payroll.

As long as Stiney is sitting in the booth, these triple-digit-ranked offenses are going to continue along unabated. There's never been another OC in human history that has strung together this many triple-digit-ranked offenses and still drew a paycheck. It's totally unacceptable, and if Frank can't coach without his good buddy there beside him, then Frank can follow him out the door, too.

I've found the Brewer bashing on here astonishing. This is the same kid that beat Ohio State. Give him something better than the patchwork 2nd/3rd string offensive line he had most of the season, and he would have looked a lot better. What quarterback wouldn't?

I think the most frustration fans have is with the interception streak he went on mid-season. I'm with you on that. Clearly the offensive coaching staff got on him and he overcorrected which caused too much hesitation in the pocket, but the kid has as much talent as a passer as anyone we've had in a long, long time. Sometimes he does a pretty good job escaping pressure and sometimes he doesn't, but he needs his skilled position players to get separation and help him out, too.

Ultimately, however, he put the offense on his back last night and moved them down the field. The kid got demolished and kept getting back up and kept urging his line to keep moving. We saw Brewer grow up into a real leader last night, in my opinion. My hats off to the kid - that was one of the grittiest performances I've seen in sports in a long, long time.

I said a few days ago that the thing this team was lacking the most was someone like Tyrod who just had the will to win and made the people around him better. I think Brewer took a step that direction last night.

That being said, last night was a great team win. It wasn't just Brewer, everyone on offense contributed from JC, to Bucky, to Wang, to Rogers, etc. I was glad to see JC run more to the outside than between the tackles, and I'm glad to see us going back to plays that were working. UVA's D was tougher than most teams we played this year.

In my opinion, Loeffler gets another year. He didn't really have any tools in his cupboard until this year and then half of the offense goes down with injuries and the OL has been under a lot of duress. That's not on Loeffler. I hope he comes back another year and we get to see what he can do with some talented guys that are experienced and hopefully healthy.

He's a hard worker and he's a smarter OC than most, in my opinion. Maybe he overthinks and overanalyzes, but he's brought some new life to the tired offense we had for most of the last decade.

Starting over with a new OC would be a waste, in my opinion. Next year is the year we have talent and experience on both sides of the ball. We don't need to go screwing around with new coaches and new systems that will set us back a year.

Go Hokies!

you guys are crazy the whole offensive design is horrible... I know we won an exciting game last night, but lets not forget the rest of the season..

Originally posted by RB4:
you guys are crazy the whole offensive design is horrible... I know we won an exciting game last night, but lets not forget the rest of the season..
Changed my mind. To be honest, this offense has been terrible but I think Loeffler's offense is more creative and has more potential. I don't find myself sitting here predicting every play for several plays, and several times during the game. Some things have been questionable but with the injuries I guess that should have been expected.

This post was edited on 11/30 2:30 AM by SunnyBeachWave

Respectfully disagree with you and RB4

Rb4 your recent point was spot on as you pointed out how our Off system is flawed. This disproves your point about Lefty and Brewer in my opinion. The problem is Beamer. Brewer is in the worst set of conditions possible as is Lefty. I do not think Lefty is a good OC though. But for the QB, we have seen this before. All QBs under Beamer and Stiney-Lefty have bad looks. Remember, LT is now in the NFL. Also, Sunny beach, I feel Stiney's Os were identical except he had more talent.

Brew had a hell of a game.

All is not lost. Our Freshmen have been playing everyone else's upper classmen all year.
We're terribly injured. I've never seen a team w/ so many starters out.
I think it is hard to judge based on that alone.

Weird season, regardless.

But back to Brewer. He just kept getting back up.

Re: Respectfully disagree with you and RB4

This fan base is so clueless... You see one good game.. not even a good game.. one good fourth qtr and you forget about a whole season terrible offense.. you guys know that Brewer leads conference in interceptions right?? good or bad system you cant throw the ball to the other team.. Pop on the Georgia Tech tape and talk to me.. And it's SL system how is he not to blame for a bad offense... just a week ago we did not score against wake forest... WAKE FOREST!!!!!! If SL comes back another year I will scream I told you so to the top of my lungs by the end of next year.. And Logan Thomas reference means nothing.. He got drafted and is in the NFL only because he is 6-6.. not because of anything else because he was bad too. But surely im not the only VT fan that thinks SL is a bad OC.. look at Auburn. They went 3-9, fired him and went 12-1.. and played for a National Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT