ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever seen a team so prepared for the first game?

Great job by the VA Tech coaching staff!

I really did not see this coming. A completely new group of linebackers and d-backs played great. Farley is a beast. Jackson played solid and made no mistakes. The only group that under-performed was the
O-line. Jackson was under pressure the whole night except for the opening drive and there weren't many holes for the running game. Otherwise, who really thought this was coming? Great win for the good guys.

Reactions: Cavgator
Maybe Bud's best game ever.
I say a toss up between this and Ohio State game in Columbus. What impressed me was how fast the defenders were getting to where the offensive FSU players were supposed to get to. In most cases our defenders were getting to where the receiver or running back was going to go even before the FSU player would get there. Amazing!

Last edited:
Now we've seen why both the O and D want Farley. But with a history of a knee problem, he may have a longer career on D hitting people rather than getting hit.

It was the best first game on D for a player I have ever seen in my many years.

I would like to see Khalil Ladler get some love from his DB plays on the ball... to complaining about a questionable interference call for LESS than a minute AND THEN letting it go... but most under the radar for being the first one to catch up to Akers to slow him down for Bryce Watts to make the TD saving score prior to the FSU fumble.
The defensive hustle all night was absolutely exemplified by that play. I'm not sure I've seen a play that I enjoyed more. Watch the tape and see #94, 250+lb Trevon Hill running full speed 50 yards down the field trying to catch Akers as well Impressive!

I would like to see Khalil Ladler get some love from his DB plays on the ball... to complaining about a questionable interference call for LESS than a minute AND THEN letting it go... but most under the radar for being the first one to catch up to Akers to slow him down for Bryce Watts to make the TD saving score prior to the FSU fumble.
The defensive hustle all night was absolutely exemplified by that play. I'm not sure I've seen a play that I enjoyed more. Watch the tape and see #94, 250+lb Trevon Hill running full speed 50 yards down the field trying to catch Akers as well Impressive!
Trevon running step for step behind Akers really impressed me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT