ADVERTISEMENT

Hoos not hitting their goals

hokieinc-ville

New Recruit
Jul 17, 2009
Bronco said the goals for the Hoo's were to beat the Hokies and win their Bowl Game.
Well, the first one didn't work out so well and I'm betting the second one won't either.
The Hoo's had their best season in years due in large part to the their Q'Back that they found on Craigslist out in Arizona. But their season will be a failure because their Coach set goals that were not realistic.
On another note, kudos to Whit for salvaging the streak by working out the deal with Marshall to play the 12th game.

Reactions: 1TexCav
UVA is trending in the right direction. Given where they started three years ago, UVA should be very satisfied. I think the VT-UVA game will develop into a legitimate rivalry game - which is a positive for us.

I hope boo hoos revert back to that season where they won 2 games, only worse, by winning none. Mendenhall blows more hot air than a jet engine on take off. I can think of no team I hate worse than the boo hoo football team.

Can't win at UVA in football. It's just not possible I don't think. Bring in the best coach and great recruits, and somehow, someway, it just doesn't equal the play on the field. I'm beginning to wonder the same about VT in basketball. Buzz is a great coach and great recruiter, but you wonder if we ever make the sweet 16, much less the final 4. I'm not talking about just titles. UVA doesn't have a hoops title, but they've had one heck of a Hoops program for decades and they've been solid and they were at an elite level in the 80's before the last 5 or so years and were pretty dang good in between the 80's and the last 5 years. In Football, a couple of great years in the 90's, but not much. Tech in football has been outstanding for 25 years, but in Basketball, just can't get over the hump like UVA in football. For both of them, whether UVA winning in football and being very, very good, or VT winning in Hoops and being very very good on a regular basis, I will only believe it when I see it.

The media is slobbering over UVA football just because they beat a South Carolina team that didn't come to play and was missing their best player. Explain how SC scored 35 on Clemson and zero on UVA. SC laid an egg and it had nothing to do with how the Boo Hoos played. If this had been a regular season game, SC would have won by 4 TDs.
Some teams just don't show up for bowl games; See:

Miami
Notre Dame
Houston
in addition to South Carolina.

The media is slobbering over UVA football just because they beat a South Carolina team that didn't come to play and was missing their best player. Explain how SC scored 35 on Clemson and zero on UVA. SC laid an egg and it had nothing to do with how the Boo Hoos played. If this had been a regular season game, SC would have won by 4 TDs.
Some teams just don't show up for bowl games; See:

Miami
Notre Dame
Houston
in addition to South Carolina.
VT?

Dislike the Hoo's almost as much as HR but I have to admit they played a solid game against a S.C. team who forgot to show up. Much different than their bowl game last year against Navy.
Next year Fuente had better get his troops and coaches in line. Another 6-7 year and he'll be out of here.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
South Carolina scored 35 against Clemson. and zero against Boo Hoos. Any team that scores 35 vs Clemson should be able to score 75 vs Boo Hoos. I have no idea why SC did not show up in Charlotte to play.

Bronco said the goals for the Hoo's were to beat the Hokies and win their Bowl Game.
Well, the first one didn't work out so well and I'm betting the second one won't either.
The Hoo's had their best season in years due in large part to the their Q'Back that they found on Craigslist out in Arizona. But their season will be a failure because their Coach set goals that were not realistic.
On another note, kudos to Whit for salvaging the streak by working out the deal with Marshall to play the 12th game.
I busted out laughing when you congratulated Whit on getting the game with Marshall after you cried last year when FSU did the same thing. At least your message is consistent...LOL....NOT
Cincinnati saysHey.....I heard Fuentes goal is try to beat ODU next year....I wouldn’t be talking much trash after finishing with a losing record...congrats on that achievement....it’s funny to hear VT fans talkin about basketball during bowl season, got to be killing you HR...LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT