ADVERTISEMENT

How about them Hokies!!

All looked lost several time but our kids made it happen.

Great job never giving up.
Exactly. I am still not sure how they pulled it off, and even thou this does not feel like a win, the fact that the kids got a W, that is all that matters in the end. I have pretty much given up on the season. All I care about now is 6 wins so we can keep the bowl steak alive.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
This is the absolutely worst defense I've seen at VT, and I've been on-board since 1996.

Only scoring 22 points against UNC, I would say our offense problems are greater than those of defense.

We are not a good football team and got lucky. It's the kind of win for us that some teams have had against us over the years. We dominate the game and lose. Hopefully, the win gives us a spark and those guys realize, we are 3-0 in the conference all with road wins. But, the odds of opponents dropping passes wide open with 15 yds separation to happen multiple times in one game again are low.

We hung on, and I feel good about the W, but we got beat all over the field. I think we matchup better against GT because our pass D is less likely to be exposed and our young linebackers have almost 2 weeks to prepare, but even our linebackers have been caught out of position through the season .We have lots of work to do, but we are 3-0 so that's the point to build on.

This is the absolutely worst defense I've seen at VT, and I've been on-board since 1996.

2003 was worse to me because 2003 had some solid talent and players and not as much youth as this bunch. They truly underachieved and had way better talent.

We are very young on D this year. They are coming around.
I don't think with youth, it's a matter of "coming around". It's a mtter of getting to their potential consistently. the big mystery is exactly what is their potential as an ACC football player. Fro week to week we don't want the Forrest Gump "box of chocolates". I think when our coaches know the live playing strengths of the players, the young players can then be put in best positions to succeed. We're all over the place right now in games... good and bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT