ADVERTISEMENT

How do we finish the season?

This team certainly hasn't lived up to expectations. Who knows what would have happened if Brewer had not got hurt in the Ohio game. Heck we might even be 7-0 now.

This is because the expectations were unrealistic to begin with. Losing Fuller and Reavis definetly hurt us but we would still have very bad play at LB regardless. Our D is never going to live up to pre season boasts because they were not nearly as good as they were somehow thought to be.
The O was Brewer . He does not have the arm you would like to see but he is a very good leader who knows how to play QB. Well, I predicted he would get crushed by the OSU D but I didn't mean it literally. hope he can make it through the rest of the season. With Brewer in all the games who knows? Better but not by much because we just haven't played like a decently coached team period.

This team certainly hasn't lived up to expectations. Who knows what would have happened if Brewer had not got hurt in the Ohio game. Heck we might even be 7-0 now.
IMO you give Brewer way to much credit....he's not exactly Tom Brady.

Hoos. You have to love the eternal optimists in the group. HR6 will believe that we will win every game. Reality has nothing to do with the eternal optimist. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having that belief and it is your folly to argue with them. A lot of us, me included, are often too vocally critical of the team and its shortcomings. We call it "facing reality" or any number of other justifications. In reality we are often just creating a "bad vibe". That's why you have the eternal optimists to offset our "sky is falling" mentality. I guess the truth is out there Scholley - somewhere in-between.

HR6 I think that proves the point how undisciplined we are if we have to rely on one person to win the game for us. Look at Ohio State - was on its 3rd string quarterback last year. So it is not because we didn't have Brewer, it is more systemic. We need a complete coaching overhaul. Fresh start. Excite the recruiting. Excite the donors, excite the fans. Will in my opinion take a big-money payout to get a top coach in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT